Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645964 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #6135 on: June 24, 2021, 11:00:56 AM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6136 on: June 24, 2021, 11:01:24 AM »
It's kind of a big deal.
I honestly don't think it's a top 10 priority for the country.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6137 on: June 24, 2021, 02:05:16 PM »
I honestly don't think it's a top 10 priority for the country.

I think differently.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #6138 on: June 24, 2021, 02:21:16 PM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6139 on: June 24, 2021, 02:30:39 PM »
I think differently.
The ongoing pandemic
Climate change
Ending material support for states committing war crimes/apartheid
Healthcare in general
Homelessness
Income/wealth inequality
Voting rights
Labor rights/minimum wage
Crippling personal debts
Explaining to Earl from Goochland, VA that his 3rd grader is not, in fact, being taught to hate white people

THEN passing some draconian law that will probably be abused against all forms of protest to make our electeds feel safer

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6140 on: June 24, 2021, 07:39:19 PM »
Imagine thinking this was real and not just something to whip up the rubes

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #6141 on: June 24, 2021, 07:58:40 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/24/us-government-fails-to-collect-over-1-billion-in-debt-from-nearly-1300-colleges-report-says.html

Maybe I'm not seeing something here, but why aren't these schools cut off if they can't pay back or at least attempt to try? 

Someone not paying their student loans wouldn't get that type of favorable treatment.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #6142 on: June 25, 2021, 07:45:15 AM »
Imagine thinking this was real and not just something to whip up the rubes

If we're really going to do this re: focus on infotainment personalities, how about we at least focus on the whole context. And no I didn't watch Tucker last night but his monologues are easy enough to find in written form.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-if-white-rage-is-a-medical-condition-how-do-you-catch-it

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6143 on: June 25, 2021, 09:27:42 AM »
If we're really going to do this re: focus on infotainment personalities, how about we at least focus on the whole context. And no I didn't watch Tucker last night but his monologues are easy enough to find in written form.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-if-white-rage-is-a-medical-condition-how-do-you-catch-it
Josh Hawley is saying the same thing, there's no difference. They're manufacturing an issue.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6144 on: June 25, 2021, 09:40:12 AM »
Lol, let this be a lesson that you can play "enlightened centrist" and it's never going to be good enough.

And again, the idea that its just the right rallying against this is unequivocally false.

Sure on any issue you can find people on both sides. But it's predominantly the right wing, and thus is going to be their rally cry.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6145 on: June 25, 2021, 09:41:33 AM »
Biden admin to sue State of Georgia over its voting restrictions.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 09:43:54 AM by CatoTheElder »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6146 on: June 25, 2021, 09:43:16 AM »
It's kind of a big deal.

No it's not

Is Trump an poopchute absofucking lootly

But this certainly isn't any worse than the excrement that happened in Seattle with the whole "CHOP" bullshit. It's the same excrement on opposite sides of the coin, a bunch of freaking uneducated mental fucks causing violence and havoc to jerk off to their extreme political views

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6147 on: June 25, 2021, 09:47:39 AM »
Biden admin to sue State of Georgia over its voting restrictions.

If anyone looked at the main provisions of that bill its mostly  pretty reasonable  stuff. If the exact same bill was stamped as bipartisan you'd almost certainly have very high approval rates for it, as the things it's suggesting are mostly common sense.

I imagine that the right would benefit from it (otherwise why else would they propose it) but to suggest the contents are Jim Crow and all this other excrement is bat excrement insane.

I suppose of the bipartisan federal bills get passed this whole thing gets poopood
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 09:50:06 AM by dcm1602 »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #6148 on: June 25, 2021, 12:19:10 PM »
I imagine that the right would benefit from it (otherwise why else would they propose it) but to suggest the contents are Jim Crow and all this other excrement is bat excrement insane.

I normally don't bat an eye to this kind of rhetoric because its so typical, but the fact that the stupid old codger in the White House (and we wish him good health over these next three years lest his VP take over) could campaign on unifying the country and then SPEW THIS ABSOLUTE HORSESHIT is mind boggling.

New Jim Crow my derriere. The provisions of the Georgia bill would still make voting in Georgia more accessible than say oh I don't know a blue state like New Jersey.

This lawsuit won't go anywhere, and the only reason why this is even a thing is because Democrats know they have a tenuous majority that at least in the House is up in 22.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 12:44:44 PM by mj2sexay »

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #6149 on: June 25, 2021, 05:05:06 PM »

Some "meaningful, thoughtful, strategic, compassionate" (not to mention disingenuous and politically expedient) bullshit courtesy of some politico's 'El Paso-as-Ellis-Island' distorted sense of equivalency:

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1408434875351375873

Tags: