Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645149 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #6030 on: May 26, 2021, 02:04:07 PM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6031 on: May 27, 2021, 11:03:17 AM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #6032 on: May 27, 2021, 01:03:22 PM »
If there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that no one gives a flying freak what Paul Ryan thinks.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1397900422258561024?s=19

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6033 on: May 27, 2021, 02:01:42 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #6034 on: May 27, 2021, 02:19:15 PM »
If there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that no one gives a flying freak what Paul Ryan thinks.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1397900422258561024?s=19

LOL, freak THIS GUY.

Not going to pass under Wolf but yikes

https://twitter.com/ValArkooshPA/status/1397267608236265473?s=19

JFC...the media is already desperate to fill their bylines with anything besides reporting on the current disaster that is this administration, why are these idiotic state legislatures in Texas and PA just falling over themselves to give them fodder.

Simple advice; if your opposition wants to cull their own population-let them.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6037 on: May 28, 2021, 08:18:43 AM »
Yeah it's totally not about reducing the votes for their opponents in order to protect their shrinking base's ability to keep them in power. Definitely not.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #6038 on: May 28, 2021, 08:23:59 AM »
From a purely political (not ethical) standpoint, I understand why some of these Republicans are tolerating all the crazies from the Trump side.  The Republican party is in sort of a nuclear war-type standoff, where mutually-assured destruction is the only thing keeping them together.  Both traditional conservatives and the far right crazies know that without each other they both go down to the Democrats.  Either side officially breaking off from the other would end in both being wiped off the map in most elections.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #6039 on: May 28, 2021, 09:10:11 AM »
Yeah it's totally not about reducing the votes for their opponents in order to protect their shrinking base's ability to keep them in power. Definitely not.

Sorry that in a two party system one party isn't just going to bend over and make it as easy as possible for the other to ballot harvest, falsely register, illegally assist, buy votes/duplicate votes or utilize an underbelly of people so disaffected they can't even verify who they are via a simple ID.

From a purely political (not ethical) standpoint, I understand why some of these Republicans are tolerating all the crazies from the Trump side.  The Republican party is in sort of a nuclear war-type standoff, where mutually-assured destruction is the only thing keeping them together.  Both traditional conservatives and the far right crazies know that without each other they both go down to the Democrats.  Either side officially breaking off from the other would end in both being wiped off the map in most elections.

LOL

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #6040 on: May 28, 2021, 01:23:08 PM »
The majority of one party voted down an attempt to investigate terrorists who sought to execute their coworkers.

At what point will the Democrats stop negotiating with terrorists and those who align themselves with them?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #6041 on: May 28, 2021, 01:37:00 PM »
The majority of one party voted down an attempt to investigate terrorists who sought to execute their coworkers.

At what point will the Democrats stop negotiating with terrorists and those who align themselves with them?

Ahahahahahahahahahaha.

Seriously, there's nothing else to do but laugh at this hyperbolic nonsense.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6042 on: May 28, 2021, 02:00:04 PM »
End the filibuster.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6043 on: May 28, 2021, 02:04:16 PM »

The Republican party is more concerned with power than it is in preserving a democracy or even living in an objective reality.

I seriously hope this causes Manchin to rethink his stance.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #6044 on: May 28, 2021, 05:01:45 PM »
The Republican party is more concerned with power than it is in preserving a democracy or even living in an objective reality.

I seriously hope this causes Manchin to rethink his stance.
It's almost admirable, if only Democrats were as interested in gaining and properly using power.

Tags: