Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645335 times)

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #5895 on: March 31, 2021, 12:45:43 PM »
stolen from reddit, re gates interview

it really seems like tucker said freak it and decided to let gaetz freak himself over hard by just talking and exposing himself, knowing gaetz is a freaking moron and would do that.

^  Yup, that's what I took from it.  Pleasantly surprised how Tucker crossed up Gaetz by telling him he didn't remember Gaetz's dinner companion

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1377061068825096196 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #5896 on: March 31, 2021, 11:40:33 PM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5897 on: April 02, 2021, 09:53:17 AM »
I wonder how this infrastructure plan will be changed once it has to go through reconciliation?  Zero chance of getting GOP to vote for anything even remotely resembling it.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5898 on: April 02, 2021, 09:55:24 AM »
I wonder how this infrastructure plan will be changed once it has to go through reconciliation?  Zero chance of getting GOP to vote for anything even remotely resembling it.
At Manchin's mercy again. And some idiots will defend his actions as if the voters of WV just hate infrastructure or something.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5899 on: April 02, 2021, 10:02:16 AM »
At Manchin's mercy again. And some idiots will defend his actions as if the voters of WV just hate infrastructure or something.

I think they can placate Manchin and get some dumbed-down version of it passed via reconciliation (if they are allowed to do a 2nd reconciliation this year).  They can't do anything to it to get a single GOP vote because it has a D attached to it.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5900 on: April 02, 2021, 10:53:13 AM »
I think they can placate Manchin and get some dumbed-down version of it passed via reconciliation (if they are allowed to do a 2nd reconciliation this year).  They can't do anything to it to get a single GOP vote because it has a D attached to it.
I think you're right. Just remains to be seen how dumbed-down.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5901 on: April 02, 2021, 11:38:51 AM »
It's not even a proper infrastructure bill because it contains funding for, like, housing and pipes and stuff.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5902 on: April 02, 2021, 12:24:21 PM »
Jmho but as far as
Agree there's always going to be GOP blowback based solely on the 'D' factor but (call me naive) I also think that any elected official with "political expediency chops" won't be so resolute in voting against a long-overdue infrastructure bill altogether; it depends on:

- how much of this 'infrastructure bill' do they view as not infrastructure-related but more special interest pork barrel
- how much of the above constitutes what you & Badger describe as 'dumbing down'

I think the idea of addressing the long-overdue issue of infrastructure remediation isn't altogether GOP-abhorrent (or shouldn't be), again I just think it's a matter of agreeing where to cut the wheat from the chafe (unless one goes into it thinking the bill's 100% pure to begin with).  Myself, I don't know it there's any (e.g.) 'protect the Himalayan Octopus' special interest provision that's been slipped into it, I'm only thinking that there's the possibility of at least "if you can't get 6, take 5" compromise that sets the overwhelming portion of the bill in motion (with the outstanding 'pork barrel or not' issues to be hammered out later) and that it won't rest solely on Joe Manchen's vote (again, call me optimistically naive).  Ramble reads clear as mud : )  but jmho.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5903 on: April 02, 2021, 12:29:36 PM »
The bill could be called "Free Blowjobs and $100 bills for only the GOP" and the GOP wouldn't vote for it because it's a Democrat bill.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5904 on: April 02, 2021, 12:42:53 PM »
The bill could be called "Free Blowjobs and $100 bills for only the GOP" and the GOP wouldn't vote for it because it's a Democrat bill.

haha  sorry.....lost my head    ; )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7klm1GS3v8

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #5907 on: April 02, 2021, 04:50:42 PM »
Lol, not a single republican should vote for this farce of an "infrastructure bill" because it's freaking garbage.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5908 on: April 02, 2021, 04:58:30 PM »
Lol, not a single republican should vote for this farce of an "infrastructure bill" because it's freaking garbage.

Well obviously they won't, but not for the reason you claim.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5909 on: April 02, 2021, 05:18:56 PM »
What if it was the 2021 Troop, Cop, Coal Miner, and Landlord Respecting Act?

Tags: