Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 646001 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #5325 on: January 12, 2021, 02:41:38 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/12/pompeo-cancels-last-diplomatic-trip-as-biden-team.html

The trip later this week included a stop in Luxembourg, according to a Reuters report. However, the entire trip was reportedly canceled when officials from Luxembourg and the European Union refused to meet with Pompeo.

Lol.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #5326 on: January 12, 2021, 02:48:48 PM »
As are Rep. Brad Schneider Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman.
Yeah but they aren't as cool

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #5327 on: January 12, 2021, 03:23:58 PM »
All the reactive posturing, making political points, etc. at this point is just that: after the fact reactive.  The 64k question is why an ordained, planned event involving a large number of 'excitables' didn't have the Capitol Goober-proofed with a big "don't you even think of it!" show of force. A freaking party planner could've done better prepping for this and nipping it in the bud.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5328 on: January 12, 2021, 03:49:21 PM »
Bernie Sanders as the new Budget Committee Chair is going to ruffle a few feathers.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5329 on: January 12, 2021, 03:56:54 PM »

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #5330 on: January 12, 2021, 04:05:00 PM »

On Tuesday, the man, Aaron Mostofsky, was arrested on federal charges, part of a national manhunt by law enforcement officials to identify members of the mob that had forced its way into the Capitol.

Mr. Mostofsky, 34, is the son of Kings County Supreme Court Judge Steven Mostofsky, who also goes by Shlomo. He and his father are registered Democrats, according to New York State election records.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5331 on: January 12, 2021, 04:12:29 PM »

Presumably so they can vote in the primary?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5332 on: January 12, 2021, 04:14:01 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/us/mitch-mcconnell-trump-impeachment.html

McConnell might be ready to turn on Trump.

McConnell is 78 and you have to imagine in his last term - his seat is up for vote again in 2026, so he's got one Presidential election cycle left in him. I have to think that the last thing he wants to be doing is fighting with/alongside/amongst the RNC over Trump for 2024, and he would very much rather Trump wasn't a viable influence on the 2022 midterms when he's trying to get control of the Senate back, so impeachment will be a big help to him. I'm sure it's more a matter of political expedience rather than any actual moral offense to his behaviour.

That said, I'm fairly sure that if they impeach Trump he'll just put one of the rotten goblins up for election (Eric seems to be keen to be front and centre but my guess is that they'd run Ivanka). So no matter what happens I don't think they'll be able to rid themselves of the stench of the Trump crime family, but at least if they get Donald out of the way they'll be a step further forward.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5333 on: January 12, 2021, 05:02:24 PM »
Ivanka is the safe bet.  She just needs a felony conviction and no more problem.  No way that happens.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5334 on: January 12, 2021, 06:04:32 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #5335 on: January 12, 2021, 08:05:34 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #5338 on: January 12, 2021, 09:35:40 PM »
All the reactive posturing, making political points, etc. at this point is just that: after the fact reactive.  The 64k question is why an ordained, planned event involving a large number of 'excitables' didn't have the Capitol Goober-proofed with a big "don't you even think of it!" show of force. A freaking party planner could've done better prepping for this and nipping it in the bud.

Update:  https://apnews.com/article/riots-capitol-siege-e2bb09c0abe09f9c65cbfaf0f136c466

WASHINGTON (AP) — The FBI warned law enforcement agencies ahead of last week’s breach of the U.S. Capitol about the potential for extremist-driven violence, U.S. officials said on Tuesday, contradicting earlier statements that they were caught off guard by the assault by supporters of President Donald Trump.

So I naively bought into the self-serving "cops were caught with their pants down" narrative..smh.  Does anyone tell the unaltered truth?  This sucks.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5339 on: January 12, 2021, 09:42:24 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: