Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645493 times)

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #5265 on: January 10, 2021, 04:52:51 AM »
Expanding on your analogy, there is no baker down the corner, and every time one tries to open up, they excrement in their dough, slap their best bakers apprentice with a paternity suit and burn the building down. There is absolutely no reason according to your free-market solution why Parler can't exist without having to deal with the selective bullshit from google and apple that went on yesterday.

I am 100% there, and I was before she made it a policy position. The US has a long and effective history of breaking up monopolistic positions at the right time - look at how they dealt with Ma Bell in the 80s - so quite why FAANG has been allowed to grow in such an unfettered fashion is beyond me, but it's way past time your government started wielding a very large antitrust stick in their direction and gave them the opportunity to divest or be dismantled.

I'm on board.  Congratulations FAAG (I don't think Netflix is particularly dominant) you have won capitalism's highest award: you are essential to everyone and no one can compete with you.  Hand out trophies and break them up. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #5266 on: January 10, 2021, 07:14:42 AM »

Don't worry, the big evil cartoonist can't get you anymore!

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5267 on: January 10, 2021, 07:44:54 AM »
is that real? what the freak

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5268 on: January 10, 2021, 07:46:10 AM »

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #5269 on: January 10, 2021, 07:49:58 AM »
is that real? what the freak

No, Garrison's work isn't nearly as eloquent.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5270 on: January 10, 2021, 08:11:32 AM »
No, Garrison's work isn't nearly as eloquent.
His pre-Trump stuff was occasionally coherent and made legitimate points, but like so many boomers, 2016 broke his brain.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #5271 on: January 10, 2021, 08:51:32 AM »
activists and leftists on social media have been getting banned/silenced for a long time now. i honestly wasnt even thinking of them when i made that statement because their banning has been so commonplace

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5272 on: January 10, 2021, 09:46:54 AM »
Wtf lol.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5273 on: January 10, 2021, 10:02:53 AM »
Rep. James Clyburn said House Democrats might wait until after Biden's first 100 days to send any articles of impeachment against Trump to the Senate

freak that noise

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5274 on: January 10, 2021, 10:09:10 AM »
Rep. James Clyburn said House Democrats might wait until after Biden's first 100 days to send any articles of impeachment against Trump to the Senate

freak that noise
It makes sense if they can't do it before the 20th, which they won't. 

When handling Senate conviction proceedings from impeachment, apparently it is basically all that can go on in Congress. Can't do much of anything else. They don't want to spend the first few weeks of Biden's presidency dealing with that excrement instead of getting to work reversing all of Trump's excrement. 

Once Biden is in office, the only point of impeachment/conviction is to bar him from running again and to have history show that he was impeached and convicted.  Doesn't really matter whether that happens day 1 of Biden's presidency, day 100 or 3 years later. As long as its before 2024.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5275 on: January 10, 2021, 10:11:13 AM »
Trump's planning to visit Alamo, Texas, on Tuesday because apparently he and his crack team of spinmeisters think it's smart stagecraft to associate themselves with catastrophic, deadly and failed last stands. https://t.co/5ACyHDwVwj

Lol

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #5276 on: January 10, 2021, 11:23:01 AM »

freak that noise

I think the most realistic outcome is that Biden will use the threat of impeachment behind the scenes as currency to get cabinet confirmations.  He can present it as some Fordian reaching across the aisle bullshit that he so desperately wants to embody and Congressional republicans get out of a no-win situation.   

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5277 on: January 10, 2021, 01:01:57 PM »
I think the most realistic outcome is that Biden will use the threat of impeachment behind the scenes as currency to get cabinet confirmations.  He can present it as some Fordian reaching across the aisle bullshit that he so desperately wants to embody and Congressional republicans get out of a no-win situation.   

hes got the senate, he dosent need excrement from the repubs

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5278 on: January 10, 2021, 01:55:15 PM »
hes got the senate, he dosent need excrement from the repubs
Therefore a single Dem defector sinks anything

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard