Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645739 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #5220 on: January 08, 2021, 08:50:13 PM »
i can honestly say the amount of illogical, asinine, derriere backwards excrement i've seen over the past year that have been rooted in q has been one of the most deflating things i've seen out of humanity in my life. i've brought this up before, even as recent as this summer, and some of you guys disagreed with my thoughts, but it's only become ever the clearer in recent times. i gave humanity too much credit with regards to collective intelligence
Yeah but, one time LeBron James wasn't sufficiently critical of China, so, y'know, both sides

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #5221 on: January 08, 2021, 08:53:50 PM »
i haven't said much about it because i found some of the fvcked up excrement from the past few days to be a little bit funny like badge did, but it's quite obvious what happened and what needs to happen

trump stoked/incited that mob before they did what they did. he did little to deter them when they were doing what they were doing, and only actually denounced them after people had caught on to what may have actually happened

he holds the highest seat in our government. he holds responsibility to the citizens of this country and to his colleagues in government. his actions quite literally put the safety and the lives of his colleagues in danger for purely selfish aims due to his bruised, battered ego, and 5 people needlessly died as a result

he needs to be removed immediately

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5222 on: January 08, 2021, 09:27:47 PM »
The following accounts have all either had tweets deleted or been suspended outright after Trump tried tweeting from them:

@realDonaldTrump
@POTUS
@thedonalddotwin
@garycoby
@TeamTrump

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5223 on: January 08, 2021, 09:33:06 PM »
The following accounts have all either had tweets deleted or been suspended outright after Trump tried tweeting from them:

@realDonaldTrump
@POTUS
@thedonalddotwin
@garycoby
@TeamTrump

Not being allowed on Twitter might actually have a better chance of killing him than COVID-19 ever would have.

EDIT: Also, relevant:

https://twitter.com/nancyleong/status/1347722925009371137?s=19
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #5224 on: January 08, 2021, 09:36:03 PM »
he's trying to tweet from other fvckin accounts lmao. he can't fvckin help himself LMFAOOOOOOOO

how are you the fvcking president and allow twitter to make you look like a petulant little baby lmfaooooo. it's fcking twitter, move on

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5225 on: January 08, 2021, 09:45:56 PM »
dunno what rush limbaugh did, but hes banned on twitter too now

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5226 on: January 08, 2021, 09:59:01 PM »
dunno what rush limbaugh did, but hes banned on twitter too now

Gave Cadet Bone Spur the password, probably.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5227 on: January 08, 2021, 10:07:13 PM »
Alaska Senator Lisa Murkowski becomes the first Republican to say Trump should resign, and then openly questions her membership in the Republican Party.

https://www.npr.org/sections/congress-electoral-college-tally-live-updates/2021/01/08/955043187/i-want-him-out-alaska-republican-sen-lisa-murkowski-calls-for-trump-to-resign

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #5228 on: January 09, 2021, 07:50:33 AM »
Unironic Stan Kelly has tweeted his last over-labeled cartoon.  Sad!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #5229 on: January 09, 2021, 07:51:22 AM »
RIP Zyklon Ben

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #5230 on: January 09, 2021, 07:57:44 AM »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #5231 on: January 09, 2021, 08:59:59 AM »
I can't tell whats the more unintentionally funny part of this thread, the game of who the worst MSNBC host is, the MULTIPLE stacy abrams avi's or sigs (LMAO) or supposed liberals/leftists simping for big daddy tech to have the type of control over our process that they bitched about when calling Citizens United the "death knell of democracy" or some such bullshit.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5232 on: January 09, 2021, 09:08:29 AM »
i mean, i guess 2 people is technically "multiple", altho it seems a bit much

re: twitter...private businesses can do whatever they want. if you break their rules, they are well within their right to refuse service. similar to refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple. you cant force a business to host content that violates its rules.

let me know when the federal gov has a social media platform youre banned from and ill happily support you in your fight to get back.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #5233 on: January 09, 2021, 09:10:33 AM »
I can't tell whats the more unintentionally funny part of this thread, the game of who the worst MSNBC host is, the MULTIPLE stacy abrams avi's or sigs (LMAO) or supposed liberals/leftists simping for big daddy tech to have the type of control over our process that they bitched about when calling Citizens United the "death knell of democracy" or some such bullshit.

You are consistently the most unintentionally funny part of this thread.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #5234 on: January 09, 2021, 09:26:32 AM »
i mean, i guess 2 people is technically "multiple", altho it seems a bit much

re: twitter...private businesses can do whatever they want. if you break their rules, they are well within their right to refuse service. similar to refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple. you cant force a business to host content that violates its rules.

let me know when the federal gov has a social media platform youre banned from and ill happily support you in your fight to get back.

I can't get behind the free market/private business argument given Parler being throttled and then temporarily shut down yesterday.

Gotta say, I'm not there yet with Liawatha Liz in terms of breaking them up (just allow for actual competition with their own ToS instead of banding together to try to destroy any start up/alternative company that dares to hold people to the same standard instead of becoming the new frontier for controlled propaganda), but I'm more sympathetic to her on this issue then I ever thought I'd be.

Twitter and fb aren't mom and pop shops in terms of the "bake my cake" argument, there's a difference between a sole private business and whats become the information super-highway, without getting into the fact that those bakers were sued into oblivion for making (IMHO) a business stunting decision. Put it this way-I'm doing mat for the time being. Whatever issues I have with same sex marriage (and to be clear the only issue I have with Obergfell is it doesn't go far enough), their money is green. A friend of mine from law school has built his entire practice off of it and he's living large. But they shouldn't have been persecuted the way they were when you consider that this is a situation easily solved by the free market-go to the other baker down the corner.

Expanding on your analogy, there is no baker down the corner, and every time one tries to open up, they excrement in their dough, slap their best bakers apprentice with a paternity suit and burn the building down. There is absolutely no reason according to your free-market solution why Parler can't exist without having to deal with the selective bullshit from google and apple that went on yesterday.

To be clear, I'd be saying the same exact thing if they banned the previously mentioned Stacey Abrams for calling into question the 2018 gubernatorial election as she's done time and time again. You guys can laugh now, but you're now subject to the whims of multinational corporations beholden to no one.

Trump was sued for blocking people and it was held that social media is a public forum. I'm not even saying I agree with that holding, but it is what it is. If that's the case, then forget about Trump, but the mass blocking and purging of things like #walkaway accounts is absolutely a deprivation of these people's rights.

You are consistently the most unintentionally funny part of this thread.

Don't worry, the big evil cartoonist can't get you anymore!

Tags: