Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645363 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #5100 on: January 07, 2021, 11:10:49 AM »
The amount of stupidity that goes into this comment is the same one that goes into insulting someone on the basis of their second job and thinking you have the right in the argument, you ignorant fathead.

Anyway, while we're desiring to see everyone who was there locked up on the basis of treason, I guess I should've demanded the same thing when a bunch of retards stormed and occupied the capital building to protest a supreme court nomination as what happened with Kavanaugh. The kvetching over this from the "ItS jUst PrIvatE pROpErTy" and ACAB imbeciles like the hypocrisy isn't obvious.

You're a pathetic drone.

lol
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5101 on: January 07, 2021, 11:14:43 AM »
Exactly!

Pompeo is a piece of excrement and a coward. History is going to remember those who contributed to this psychopath's reign. Bailing now isn't helping you. Being part of a solution might.

Resigning now will not save their reputations. They had the chance to fix this multiple times and they chose every other option.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #5102 on: January 07, 2021, 11:20:08 AM »

The only warning I have against outright dismissing these schmucks is that the Beer Hall Putsch failed and the Nazis were ridiculed as a joke, for a while.

This was sedition and every lover of the older lady who smashed a window, stormed through rotunda, and vandalized offices and the Senate chamber deserves to stand trial for it. All because of the bruised ego of a deranged lunatic.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #5103 on: January 07, 2021, 11:20:39 AM »
Resigning now will not save their reputations. They had the chance to fix this multiple times and they chose every other option.

They even still have one more.

And they're choosing to take their ball and go home.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5104 on: January 07, 2021, 11:24:11 AM »
The only warning I have against outright dismissing these schmucks is that the Beer Hall Putsch failed and the Nazis were ridiculed as a joke, for a while.

I know what you mean, but I can't hear Beer Hall Putsch and think of anything other than Doug Stanhope. And now I really, really want to know what Doug Stanhope has to say about yesterday's little drama.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5105 on: January 07, 2021, 11:27:08 AM »
I know what you mean, but I can't hear Beer Hall Putsch and think of anything other than Doug Stanhope. And now I really, really want to know what Doug Stanhope has to say about yesterday's little drama.

The same opinion he has on every topic. “I’m somehow not the worst person to host The Man Show.”
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #5106 on: January 07, 2021, 11:30:03 AM »
I know what you mean, but I can't hear Beer Hall Putsch and think of anything other than Doug Stanhope.

His bit about his mom's suicide is a work of art.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #5107 on: January 07, 2021, 11:41:18 AM »

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5108 on: January 07, 2021, 11:45:38 AM »
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
@AOC
If the 25th amendment is not invoked today, Congress must reconvene immediately for impeachment and removal proceedings.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5109 on: January 07, 2021, 11:47:12 AM »
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
@AOC
If the 25th amendment is not invoked today, Congress must reconvene immediately for impeachment and removal proceedings.

They've already filed articles for impeachment, I think. Which presumably they can pass in two weeks' time given they'll have the majority in both houses.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5110 on: January 07, 2021, 11:51:26 AM »
They've already filed articles for impeachment, I think. Which presumably they can pass in two weeks' time given they'll have the majority in both houses.

I don't think Warnock and and Ossoff have had their elections certified yet, so the motion would rely on another bipartisan vote to convict which has only happened once before. However, the one time it has happened was with the current president and after yesterday I'm thinking a few more Republican senators would be willing.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5111 on: January 07, 2021, 11:52:06 AM »
So which is it:
- The cops and security are completely incompetent
- The cops and security were in on it
- Little bit of both

I don't see a third option for defending our security during this issue. A Republican rep didn't send any staff in that day. A Democratic rep told her husband where to find her will the night before. People on the right wing fringes have been talking about Jan. 6 as a day of reckoning for a while. This shouldn't have been that surprising to people whose job it is to protect the Capitol.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5112 on: January 07, 2021, 11:53:48 AM »
Little of both, probably.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5113 on: January 07, 2021, 11:58:32 AM »
I don't think Warnock and and Ossoff have had their elections certified yet, so the motion would rely on another bipartisan vote to convict which has only happened once before. However, the one time it has happened was with the current president and after yesterday I'm thinking a few more Republican senators would be willing.

Yeah, that's why I said it would be in a couple of weeks - they would need to be sure of having the votes. It doesn't remove him from office, but it prevents him from ever running again.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5114 on: January 07, 2021, 12:04:10 PM »
It doesn't remove him from office, but it prevents him from ever running again.

Which would be the incentive for some of the Republicans to switch and vote to convict. There’s enough in the Senate who don't want to deal with his excrement again.

Tags: