Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645055 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #4995 on: January 06, 2021, 05:28:39 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/06/twitter-pledges-action-on-any-calls-for-violence-in-capitol-riot.html

Time to cut this shithead off completely. Deplatform him from the mainstream sources and let him spend his time on Parler and OANN. He is an insurrectionist and an enemy of the state.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4996 on: January 06, 2021, 05:35:15 PM »
Whether we like it or not, what happened this summer is different, if only because it put these situations in the national spotlight. I can guarantee new methods, new trainings and new plans of action were created for handling these situations in different ways. I know this because I happen to have a friend who works for the FBI that went through these trainings leading up to the election. Now obviously the way the FBI trains their staff is certainly different than all forms of law enforcement, but my assumption is these trainings are being gone through other LEA.

This situation is different purely because it happened after and people are being trained to act differently. I hope this doesn’t devolve into violence like many of those did.

This situation is different because this is an act of insurrection. This is not a protest. This is people storming the US Capitol to disrupt a lawful election. Whether or not they have the mental capacity to fully realize the severity of their actions is another debate but letting people enter the Capitol is beyond me given that on any normal day I cannot get within 50 yards of the Rotunda’s door.

The complete inadequacy of the security force stationed during a rally where multiple participants had made open and blatant calls to violence on social media is either sheer stupidity or willful complicity.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4997 on: January 06, 2021, 05:39:00 PM »
Any Senator or Member of Congress who was complicit in stoking this act of domestic terrorism should be expelled from their position.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4998 on: January 06, 2021, 05:43:27 PM »
Senate vote count expected to continue at 8.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4999 on: January 06, 2021, 05:44:23 PM »
Senate vote count expected to continue at 8.

Will be interesting to see if the representatives from Arizona, Louisiana, Colorado and so on are still as keen to object to the results.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5000 on: January 06, 2021, 05:45:58 PM »
Will be interesting to see if the representatives from Arizona, Louisiana, Colorado and so on are still as keen to object to the results.

I’m guessing the QAnon Congresswomen and that poopchute former Jet will be ready to continue.

Not sure about Cruz and Hawley.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 05:48:44 PM by CatoTheElder »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5001 on: January 06, 2021, 05:48:48 PM »
Apparently a pipe bomb was found and deactivated at the RNC.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5002 on: January 06, 2021, 05:49:17 PM »
Apparently a pipe bomb was found and deactivated at the RNC.

Yeah, MB posted that earlier.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #5003 on: January 06, 2021, 05:50:48 PM »
Let's freaking go.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5004 on: January 06, 2021, 05:56:41 PM »
McMorris-Rodgers will no longer object to the certification.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #5005 on: January 06, 2021, 05:57:56 PM »
This is an incredibly sad day in American history.

I am extremely anti politics. I stay the freak out of almost every political discussion that takes place in or around me, purely because I see no positive to those discussions and arguments, the vast majority of people are set in their views and are for the most part unwilling to change their minds despite evidence and reason presented to them.

This is something a friend of mine reached out and said that we haven’t seen news coverage and Imagery and sadness like this since 9/11. I think they might be right. This blows my mind that I live in a society that would result to this and to see a president that has stoked this fire and lead to the actions we see today.

Tonight we weep for the country and what we have lost with the actions by these people who are clearly out of their minds. I fear for the lives of Biden and Harris and the lives of everyone who will be working the inauguration. The fires of Hate have been stoked in our country and those who are angry are acting out their anger inappropriately and unfortunately it will take a lot of time for that anger to subside and this country to heal.

The violence we have seen today will not end tonight, it will not end on Inauguration Day, it will not end at the conclusion of year 1. It will be a long time, and that is an incredibly sad moment for a country as amazing as ours is
I still think it's pretty funny.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5006 on: January 06, 2021, 06:06:23 PM »
I still think it's pretty funny.

Given that this city is my home, I fail to see the humor.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5007 on: January 06, 2021, 06:08:06 PM »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5008 on: January 06, 2021, 06:10:33 PM »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5009 on: January 06, 2021, 06:10:50 PM »
Twitter just locked Trump’s account for 12 hours.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 06:12:55 PM by CatoTheElder »

Tags: