Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645846 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #4980 on: January 06, 2021, 05:08:26 PM »
In today's edition of "the business world and the markets love Trump":

A cross-dressing limey poofter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4981 on: January 06, 2021, 05:09:17 PM »
I guess this is the end of the whole "Trump will step down and have Pence pardon him" narrative.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4982 on: January 06, 2021, 05:12:45 PM »
I guess this is the end of the whole "Trump will step down and have Pence pardon him" narrative.

"I can't pardon you right now baby, I gots to take a excrement man."

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4983 on: January 06, 2021, 05:13:23 PM »
This is an incredibly sad day in American history.

I am extremely anti politics. I stay the freak out of almost every political discussion that takes place in or around me, purely because I see no positive to those discussions and arguments, the vast majority of people are set in their views and are for the most part unwilling to change their minds despite evidence and reason presented to them.

This is something a friend of mine reached out and said that we haven’t seen news coverage and Imagery and sadness like this since 9/11. I think they might be right. This blows my mind that I live in a society that would result to this and to see a president that has stoked this fire and lead to the actions we see today.

Tonight we weep for the country and what we have lost with the actions by these people who are clearly out of their minds. I fear for the lives of Biden and Harris and the lives of everyone who will be working the inauguration. The fires of Hate have been stoked in our country and those who are angry are acting out their anger inappropriately and unfortunately it will take a lot of time for that anger to subside and this country to heal.

The violence we have seen today will not end tonight, it will not end on Inauguration Day, it will not end at the conclusion of year 1. It will be a long time, and that is an incredibly sad moment for a country as amazing as ours is
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4984 on: January 06, 2021, 05:15:16 PM »

I am extremely anti politics. I stay the freak out of almost every political discussion that takes place in or around me, purely because I see no positive to those discussions and arguments, the vast majority of people are set in their views and are for the most part unwilling to change their minds despite evidence and reason presented to them.

This is something a friend of mine reached out and said that we haven’t seen news coverage and Imagery and sadness like this since 9/11. I think they might be right. This blows my mind that I live in a society that would result to this and to see a president that has stoked this fire and lead to the actions we see today.

Tonight we weep for the country and what we have lost with the actions by these people who are clearly out of their minds. I fear for the lives of Biden and Harris and the lives of everyone who will be working the inauguration. The fires of Hate have been stoked in our country and those who are angry are acting out their anger inappropriately and unfortunately it will take a lot of time for that anger to subside and this country to heal.

The violence we have seen today will not end tonight, it will not end on Inauguration Day, it will not end at the conclusion of year 1. It will be a long time, and that is an incredibly sad moment for a country as amazing as ours is
It's a sad moment, but this isn't remotely surprising. The sad moment was when Trump won. Nonsense like this was inevitable as soon as you put someone like him in power.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4985 on: January 06, 2021, 05:15:55 PM »
He’s still inciting insurrection. The Cops are pushing back the remaining rioters back with kid gloves.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4986 on: January 06, 2021, 05:17:48 PM »

Ehh, it'll all settle out soon.  Once these loonies get their $2000 stimulus check from Biden, they'll shut the freak up and retreat to the bowels of America from whence they came and resume watching Duck Dynasty reruns.

Time heals all wounds.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4987 on: January 06, 2021, 05:19:28 PM »
It's a sad moment, but this isn't remotely surprising. The sad moment was when Trump won. Nonsense like this was inevitable as soon as you put someone like him in power.

Like I said, I stay out of these discussions because I’m very liberal and very against everything in the MAGA movement. I have strong opinions about Trump and I don’t disagree with this. I was physically ill when he was elected. I live in a (now) curfewed area of VA and thankfully I’m not there now, but I was set to return to VA tomorrow and I am certainly not about to do that. This scene is beyond mind melding and I can’t even imagine how history will treat this day 50 years from now. In my grandkids history “books” what will they say about this day?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4988 on: January 06, 2021, 05:20:34 PM »
Ehh, it'll all settle out soon.  Once these loonies get their $2000 stimulus check from Biden, they'll shut the freak up and retreat to the bowels of America from whence they came and resume watching Duck Dynasty reruns.

Time heals all wounds.

This bullshit will not be over soon, especially not if he tries to run again.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4989 on: January 06, 2021, 05:20:52 PM »
He’s still inciting insurrection. The Cops are pushing back the remaining rioters back with kid gloves.

I’m sure if the police make the first “violent” action then the insurrection will be “allowed” to fight back in “self defense.”

Bullshit as it all may be

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4990 on: January 06, 2021, 05:21:55 PM »
This bullshit will not be over soon, especially not if he tries to run again.

If he tries to run again, I don’t think it will be as a republican, I think he will end up starting his own party and all of these people will support him, and god only knows what will happen if that’s the case

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #4991 on: January 06, 2021, 05:22:06 PM »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4992 on: January 06, 2021, 05:24:18 PM »
I’m sure if the police make the first “violent” action then the insurrection will be “allowed” to fight back in “self defense.”

Bullshit as it all may be

The point is they used much harsher tactics this summer for people demanding an end to police brutality.

These people stormed the US Capitol and disrupted our election and the Cops are barely enforcing the curfew. This is why they are bastards.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4994 on: January 06, 2021, 05:28:33 PM »
The point is they used much harsher tactics this summer for people demanding an end to police brutality.

These people stormed the US Capitol and disrupted our election and the Cops are barely enforcing the curfew. This is why they are bastards.

Whether we like it or not, what happened this summer is different, if only because it put these situations in the national spotlight. I can guarantee new methods, new trainings and new plans of action were created for handling these situations in different ways. I know this because I happen to have a friend who works for the FBI that went through these trainings leading up to the election. Now obviously the way the FBI trains their staff is certainly different than all forms of law enforcement, but my assumption is these trainings are being gone through other LEA.

This situation is different purely because it happened after and people are being trained to act differently. I hope this doesn’t devolve into violence like many of those did.

Tags: