Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645741 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #4740 on: January 03, 2021, 05:03:50 PM »
Pelosis funbags re-elected to Titty of the house

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4741 on: January 03, 2021, 05:42:54 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #4743 on: January 03, 2021, 07:38:54 PM »
Pelosis funbags re-elected to Titty of the house

No longer her funbags but 'them' funbags:

https://www.businessinsider.com/proposal-eliminate-gendered-language-house-of-representatives-2021-1

The House of Representatives on Sunday is set to vote on a series of changes that would eliminate all gendered words like "mother," "father," "he," and "she" from its rules.

In addition to these specific words, the proposal outlines dozens of other shifts to gender-neutral language, as well as the establishment of an "Office of Diversity and Inclusion."

The proposal was put forth by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Rules Committee Chair James McGovern. In a press release, McGovern said the proposal "promotes inclusion and diversity" and is a way to "honor all gender identities by changing pronouns and familial relationships in the House rules to be gender-neutral."

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4744 on: January 03, 2021, 07:45:15 PM »
Excellent. It's relatively meaningless but will serve to irritate people stupid enough to be irritated by such things.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4745 on: January 03, 2021, 07:52:27 PM »
Excellent. It's relatively meaningless but will serve to irritate people stupid enough to be irritated by such things.

Somewhere J. K. Rowling has an opinion on how this belittles women.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #4746 on: January 03, 2021, 08:04:46 PM »

Yeah I guess,  I was just going for the cheap joke. 

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4747 on: January 05, 2021, 08:25:21 AM »
I just can't believe the Democrats will win both seats in Georgia.  Maybe 1 if they are lucky.  It's still Georgia and they aren't voting for or against Trump directly.  I can't believe the Democrats can turn out enough people who didn't vote last time to overcome the deficit they had. I don't believe a significant enough number of people will not vote because they think the vote is rigged.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 08:27:07 AM by bojanglesman »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4748 on: January 05, 2021, 08:25:48 AM »
Unrelated, I know Pence will bite his tongue and read the certified results tomorrow.  I am curious what would happen if he decided not to recognize the results.  Obviously it isn't legal and wouldn't work, yada yada yada, and I know it won't happen, but what would happen immediately, in that moment, not what would happen in the end (I know that)?  Would someone else come in and certify it?  Would Pence be removed?  Would the Senate explode in flames and titty dancers come out and grind Mitch McConnell? I've seen lots of people just say it would be illegal and leave it at that, but I haven't read anywhere what actually happens at that moment if Pence didn't do his ceremonial job.  Just curious.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 08:28:13 AM by bojanglesman »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4749 on: January 05, 2021, 09:00:54 AM »
I just can't believe the Democrats will win both seats in Georgia.  Maybe 1 if they are lucky.  It's still Georgia and they aren't voting for or against Trump directly.  I can't believe the Democrats can turn out enough people who didn't vote last time to overcome the deficit they had. I don't believe a significant enough number of people will not vote because they think the vote is rigged.
Warnock wins, Ossoff loses, shitlibs go mask off and yell at black people for not voting the right way

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4750 on: January 05, 2021, 08:30:28 PM »
So there's a short fuse press conference just announced by the Georgia Secretary of State.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4751 on: January 05, 2021, 08:49:40 PM »
pennsylvania republicans are giving us a preview of things to come by refusing to acknowledge his victory because his opponent has refused to concede.

im so glad i dont live in one of these shitholes

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4752 on: January 05, 2021, 08:50:55 PM »
"I can tell you, Sean, any senator or any congressmen -- meaning on this side -- that does not fight tomorrow, I'm telling you, their political career is over, because the MAGA movement is going nowhere ... they will get primaried" -- Eric Trump

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1346646357071835141

is that so, eric? imagine being in the trump freaking party of all things, good god

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4753 on: January 05, 2021, 09:21:15 PM »
I think Warnock might win.  I don't know about Ossoff. Probably not.  Still too close.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4754 on: January 05, 2021, 09:29:47 PM »
I think Warnock might win.  I don't know about Ossoff. Probably not.  Still too close.

dekalb and cobb are gonna swing heavy blue, theres a good chance they both win.

Tags: