Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645093 times)

ons

• Chad Pennington
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #4425 on: October 12, 2020, 08:31:46 PM »
couple things:
1. Buttigieg definitely said that in January/February when he was still running for president. Definitely wasn't said to be pertinent to the current supreme court justice nomination.
2. Buttigieg also is very invested in grounding basic Dem policy with language regarding faith - his argument is one that is trying to appeal to swayable Christians to appeal to their sense of empathy. Whether right or wrong, he has had his angle he consistently tries to work.
3. There is no medical definition of a late-term abortion, but most abortions that happen past the 20th week are because the women trying to get the abortion lives far away from a clinic/can't afford the time off to go/can't afford the procedure/won't get it covered under their insurance. Which is why Roe vs Wade can still be upheld but abortion access still be fucked up. When you only allow abortions for people who are 20+ weeks pregnant when it's medically necessary, but put up roadblocks in access to abortion clinics, you are de facto prohibiting certain people from getting abortions while still upholding previous SC decisions.

Republicans right now are generally not attempting to overturn Roe vs Wade, they tend to just put up huge hurdles for women to get abortions quickly, and then make up some deadline when abortions turn into "state sanctioned murder," which allow them to win their fight while saying they respect the Supreme Court. Focusing on Roe v Wade is just political shorthand for both parties to activate parts of their base.

edit: oh yeah, and 4. mj making up talking points regarding what Buttigieg probably meant to say/argue is hilariously on brand.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 08:33:31 PM by ons »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #4426 on: October 12, 2020, 08:51:12 PM »
Does anyone actually think that third trimester abortions for any reason other than dire health consequences should be allowed? It's my understanding that elective abortions have a pretty firm cutoff date that no one is reasonably arguing should be changed, is that not right? Genuine question BTW, I honestly don't know the answer. I thought I did.
Nobody gets shits and giggles abortions that late, you don't need to outlaw them.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4427 on: October 12, 2020, 09:09:20 PM »
Nobody gets shits and giggles abortions that late, you don't need to outlaw them.
I don't understand why anyone thinks someone would wait until giving birth to have an abortion without a major, dire medical reason.  Nor would any doctor (even if it was reduced from a panel of three to 1 doctor) give the OK on that for any medical reason.  I've lost a lot of hope for humanity lately, but not that much.  That's just fear mongering.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4428 on: October 12, 2020, 09:15:53 PM »

Only pathetic right wing males who have no hope of procreation anyways.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The fact that you've actually procreated is a net negative on society.

edit: oh yeah, and 4. mj making up talking points regarding what Buttigieg probably meant to say/argue is hilariously on brand.

I'm done getting into the rest of your stupidity and trying to have an actual conversation when you continually cherrypick and completely mischaracterize what I say. It's chronic and annoying as excrement, but now pathetically sad when you have to essentially parrot IATA.

I totally made up a talking point by bringing up his own talking point and then bringing up the two most associated with it. Dumb.

I don't understand why anyone thinks someone would wait until giving birth to have an abortion without a major, dire medical reason.  Nor would any doctor (even if it was reduced from a panel of three to 1 doctor) give the OK on that for any medical reason.  I've lost a lot of hope for humanity lately, but not that much.  That's just fear mongering.

Then what is the issue with having that be codified?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4429 on: October 12, 2020, 09:18:21 PM »
Well ACKSHULLY I have this article from freedom eagle dot biz that says a woman named LaStereotype Jackson got an abortion on a perfectly healthy baby at 39 weeks and 6 days

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4430 on: October 12, 2020, 09:21:17 PM »

Then what is the issue with having that be codified?

Because it's more likely that a 3rd party arbiter would force someone to carry a bad pregnancy to term than it is that a pregnant woman would yeet a baby at the 11th hour for no good reason.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4431 on: October 12, 2020, 09:23:58 PM »

Because it's more likely that a 3rd party arbiter would force someone to carry a bad pregnancy to term than it is that a pregnant woman would yeet a baby at the 11th hour for no good reason.
You word things better than I do.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #4432 on: October 13, 2020, 09:43:02 AM »
I'm done getting into the rest of your stupidity and trying to have an actual conversation when you continually cherrypick and completely mischaracterize what I say. It's chronic and annoying as excrement, but now pathetically sad when you have to essentially parrot IATA.

Oh no, mischaracterizing what other people are saying, I'm making such a charade of the forum

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4433 on: October 13, 2020, 09:51:02 AM »
Oh no, mischaracterizing what other people are saying, I'm making such a charade of the forum

ahahahahahahahahahahahah

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4434 on: October 13, 2020, 08:58:08 PM »
Pope would come back if ACB was a mod here

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #4435 on: October 17, 2020, 10:26:18 AM »

18 days to go with this bullshit

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4436 on: October 17, 2020, 11:19:42 AM »

Wrong. There's absolutely no proof of this, and taking the decision out of the hands of medical professionals was part of Buttigieg's whole rant.

I just don't enjoy engaging in people who are stupid/shitty enough to do that.

Anyway, do I make another Lieawatha joke or will that send you down another tangent?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4437 on: October 17, 2020, 11:35:33 AM »
I'm gonna do a rewrite of the Fred Hampton movie and insert a 5 minute monologue where he explains why property destruction is just as bad as systemic racism

https://twitter.com/runolgarun/status/1317351207367684105?s=19

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4438 on: October 17, 2020, 11:37:23 AM »
I'm gonna do a rewrite of the Fred Hampton movie and insert a 5 minute monologue where he explains why property destruction is just as bad as systemic racism

https://twitter.com/runolgarun/status/1317351207367684105?s=19

They already wrote the fictional version where he's some sort of non-racist freedom fighter.

On an unrelated note, good to see Ice Cube getting excrement from the left for the high crime of working with the sitting President on legislation to help enrich communities he's advocating for.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #4439 on: October 17, 2020, 11:40:32 AM »
They already wrote the fictional version where he's some sort of non-racist freedom fighter.

On an unrelated note, good to see Ice Cube getting excrement from the left for the high crime of working with the sitting President on legislation to help enrich communities he's advocating for.
Stop using left and liberal interchangeably. Libs are mad he's not cheering the blue team, leftists understand the blue team offered nothing.

Also Fred Hampton was good, the Black Panthers were good, and only racists disagree.

Tags: