Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645476 times)

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #4410 on: October 09, 2020, 01:07:33 PM »
fbi needs to investigate this sheriff and what else he has let go

jesus that whole town looks related lmao

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4411 on: October 09, 2020, 05:54:09 PM »
fbi needs to investigate this sheriff and what else he has let go

jesus that whole town looks related lmao
It's ok.  He has a mustache.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4412 on: October 10, 2020, 01:47:34 PM »
Big shock that as it turns out supposed "right wing nationalists" are actually black flag anarchists that hate Trump.

Do some of you in your rush to believe the first headline ever get tired of being wrong?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4413 on: October 10, 2020, 02:10:09 PM »
Big shock that as it turns out supposed "right wing nationalists" are actually black flag anarchists that hate Trump.

Do some of you in your rush to believe the first headline ever get tired of being wrong?

Do you have some kind of legitimate source for this, or is it some kind of twisted No True Scotsman theory?

Edit: I assume you're talking about this, or at least the information contained within it.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/10/michigan-plot-wolverine-watchmen-whitmer.html

I guess it takes us into the whole libertarianism / anarchism discussion. That said, I think it would be highly disingenuous to just dismiss Trump's rhetoric about Michigan and specifically Whitmer as being of no relevance to this.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 02:16:36 PM by Johnny English »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4414 on: October 11, 2020, 09:04:35 AM »
I guess it takes us into the whole libertarianism / anarchism discussion. That said, I think it would be highly disingenuous to just dismiss Trump's rhetoric about Michigan and specifically Whitmer as being of no relevance to this.

There is literal video of one of the planners of this stupid bullshit denouncing Trump.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1314326901683617792

In b4 "freak Posobiec" as if that changes whats on video.

Saying Trump had anything to do with this is as disingenuous as saying BLM is behind this because one of these douchebags attended a rally in the memory of George Floyd.

https://web.archive.org/web/20201010005927if_/https:/www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/kidnap-plot-whitmer-fox-militia/2020/10/09/ce81751a-0a65-11eb-9be6-cf25fb429f1a_story.html

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4415 on: October 12, 2020, 01:04:09 AM »
Mayor Pete crushing it right now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4416 on: October 12, 2020, 02:57:21 AM »
Mayor Pete crushing it right now.

Lmao, yeah he’s really killing it by attempting to once again make the “rape or health of the mother” argument when just 1% of women obtain an abortion because they became pregnant through rape, and less than 0.5% do so because of incest, according to the Guttmacher Institute. And he has the unmitigated balls to complain about hypotheticals. That’s almost as hilarious as this little shitbag complaining about government overreach given his platform and stated policies.

Firm believer in the framework set forth by Roe. It’s amazing how the left complains the right wants to gut “abortion rights” yet totally wants to do away with a very pertinent part of the Roe analysis. Anyway, as much as I think abortion is a moral choice best left to the individual, late term abortion is state sanctioned murder and I have no problem summarily judging those who believe in “abortion on demand and without apology“ as absolute monsters.

But the right has been wrong about this issue for forty years now. If  leftists want to cull their own, let them. For example, if you were terminated by the business end of a suction machine, it wouldn’t be any sort of net negative on society.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4417 on: October 12, 2020, 07:39:25 AM »
He never mentioned rape or incest once in that response and specifically mentioned the health of the mother multiple times while acknowledging that these pregnancies were expected to be carried to term and are therefore the product of extraordinary circumstances.

For someone who constantly accuses everyone of projection you are really stretching to make argument based on nothing he said in that quote.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4418 on: October 12, 2020, 09:29:44 AM »
He never mentioned rape or incest once in that response and specifically mentioned the health of the mother multiple times while acknowledging that these pregnancies were expected to be carried to term and are therefore the product of extraordinary circumstances.

For someone who constantly accuses everyone of projection you are really stretching to make argument based on nothing he said in that quote.

I'm not stretching anything. He has the absolute balls to bitch about hypotheticals invoking emotional reactions before actually (unwittingly) laying out how disingenuous it is to hide behind the "health of the mother" talking point when that makes up for such a small percentage. Surely some sort of carve-out could be (and is) made towards protecting moms life in these situations. Only your most pro-life advocate believes that baby should be carried to term if mom is going to die. You're arguing against no one.

I'd like to thank him for making the case then, that those who think abortion should be on-demand because they're hiding behind 1% of cases are disingenuous at best and freaking disgusting at worst.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4419 on: October 12, 2020, 09:34:44 AM »
I'm not stretching anything. He has the absolute balls to bitch about hypotheticals invoking emotional reactions before actually (unwittingly) laying out how disingenuous it is to hide behind the "health of the mother" talking point when that makes up for such a small percentage. Surely some sort of carve-out could be (and is) made towards protecting moms life in these situations. Only your most pro-life advocate believes that baby should be carried to term if mom is going to die. You're arguing against no one.

I'd like to thank him for making the case then, that those who think abortion should be on-demand because they're hiding behind 1% of cases are disingenuous at best and freaking disgusting at worst.

Does anyone actually think that third trimester abortions for any reason other than dire health consequences should be allowed? It's my understanding that elective abortions have a pretty firm cutoff date that no one is reasonably arguing should be changed, is that not right? Genuine question BTW, I honestly don't know the answer. I thought I did.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4420 on: October 12, 2020, 09:41:49 AM »
Does anyone actually think that third trimester abortions for any reason other than dire health consequences should be allowed? It's my understanding that elective abortions have a pretty firm cutoff date that no one is reasonably arguing should be changed, is that not right? Genuine question BTW, I honestly don't know the answer. I thought I did.

We have a sitting Governor in this country (governor blackface) who has supported legislation which would end the requirement that third-trimester abortions only be performed after a medical panel determines that the mothers health would be impaired in a fashion thats irreversible and irredeemable. Moms health no longer apparently needs to be at-risk via a medical determination.

Again, I'm under no illusions that there aren't hard-liners within the pro-life movement (i.e. "my side" or whatever the freak) who actually do think that women should just be procreation farms. Hence why even though its not a...sound decision based on actual substance, I've always dug the trimester framework Justice O'Connor set forth in her opinion.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 09:44:17 AM by mj2sexay »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4421 on: October 12, 2020, 10:00:18 AM »

I'm arguing against you putting words in Mayor Pete's mouth.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4422 on: October 12, 2020, 10:09:55 AM »
I'm arguing against you putting words in Mayor Pete's mouth.

That's not what I'm doing, he made the health of the mother argument.

No, he didn't make the rape or incest argument, but that usually follows, nor does it make a difference when those are exactly the type of hypotheticals that invoke an emotional reaction that he's arguing against.

If he'd come out unequivocally and say that late term abortions are a grave and desperate action, only to be taken under the guidance of a medical determination that mom is at risk, then we might have some common ground here today. I'm not arguing that dangerous or risky pregnancies should be carried to term.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4423 on: October 12, 2020, 10:52:30 AM »

Does anyone actually think that third trimester abortions for any reason other than dire health consequences should be allowed?

Only pathetic right wing males who have no hope of procreation anyways.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4424 on: October 12, 2020, 10:54:01 AM »

No, he didn't make the rape or incest argument, but that usually follows

So you lied. Got it.

Tags: