Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645560 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #3810 on: February 13, 2020, 02:34:47 PM »
I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, but you're saying because the likelihood was that he wouldn't get impeached his actions should have been ignored?

Wrong is wrong.  If you want to argue it was a poor strategic decision I can understand that.

It was a waste of time just like the blow job mockery of Clinton. You want to really hurt Trump get that crazy poopchute and his cronies out of office.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #3811 on: February 13, 2020, 02:59:10 PM »
It was a waste of time just like the blow job mockery of Clinton. You want to really hurt Trump get that crazy poopchute and his cronies out of office.

Exactly what I was saying. The Dems wasted time, money, and effort on an impeachment they were flat out told would fail as soon as it hit the GOP-led Senate. It wasn't a "maybe we'll see" it was Mitch McConnell and his associates basically saying "We dare you to send this to us so we can shove it up your asses."

All of the resources spent on the doomed-from-the-start impeachment process should have been used to fight for elections. But as I've said repeatedly, while I am in full support of the D agenda, the GOP are far better politicians.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3812 on: February 13, 2020, 03:07:33 PM »
JOHN KELLY IS A SECRET DEMOCRATIC OPERATIVE!  #SPY #SWAMP #FIRED
I DON'T EVEN KNOW THE GUY!!!!!

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3813 on: February 13, 2020, 03:12:39 PM »
JOHN KELLY IS A SECRET DEMOCRATIC OPERATIVE!  #SPY #SWAMP #FIRED
I DON'T EVEN KNOW THE GUY!!!!!

Yep, that's what he said.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3814 on: February 13, 2020, 04:21:22 PM »
Rand Paul is crying about having a video removed from YouTube.

"A chilling and disturbing day in America when giant web companies such as YouTube decide to censor speech. Protected speech, such as that of a senator on the Sen floor, can be blocked from getting to the people. This is dangerous & politically biased."

This is the same Rand Paul who opposed net neutrality laws, because he felt that “The Internet has successfully flourished without the heavy hand of government interference”, preferring instead to let the companies who operate the internet be able to do as they wish.

Ain't karma a bitch, Rand?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3815 on: February 13, 2020, 04:25:15 PM »
Exactly what I was saying. The Dems wasted time, money, and effort on an impeachment they were flat out told would fail as soon as it hit the GOP-led Senate. It wasn't a "maybe we'll see" it was Mitch McConnell and his associates basically saying "We dare you to send this to us so we can shove it up your asses."

All of the resources spent on the doomed-from-the-start impeachment process should have been used to fight for elections. But as I've said repeatedly, while I am in full support of the D agenda, the GOP are far better politicians.

They're retarded for sure, it's kind of funny to be honest. We have one of the most unpopular people as President ever and they continually nominate/promote people even more unpopular than that. Crazy......
I will straight up say that Bloomberg is the only option that's palatable to me, he's a Jew so he'll never win.
America was ready for a black person and probably a decent woman but Jew.... Lmao no.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 04:27:32 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3816 on: February 13, 2020, 06:14:31 PM »
They're retarded for sure, it's kind of funny to be honest. We have one of the most unpopular people as President ever and they continually nominate/promote people even more unpopular than that. Crazy......
I will straight up say that Bloomberg is the only option that's palatable to me, he's a Jew so he'll never win.
America was ready for a black person and probably a decent woman but Jew.... Lmao no.
I was asking my wife the other day if she ever thought a gay dude would be president before a woman. What a world.....
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 06:16:55 PM by bojanglesman »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3817 on: February 13, 2020, 10:00:50 PM »
I was asking my wife the other day if she ever thought a gay dude would be president before a woman. What a world.....

Would be pretty surprising if it was.

I mean Republicans would never vote for a gay dude because of Jesus. And Democrats wouldn't because the blacks don't like gays either.

Whereas I feel like more dems would vote for a woman because she's not a white man. And Republicans went wild over Palin.

I think this is why buttigeg will basically crash and burn once the DNC gets to places like SC

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3818 on: February 14, 2020, 07:34:56 AM »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #3819 on: February 14, 2020, 11:06:17 AM »
Bipartisan agreement to pull in the reins on Trump's attempts at war powers expansion. Who would've thought Capitol Hill could actually govern?

And how long till Barr is fired for having the gall to say Trump should stop making his job impossible?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #3820 on: February 14, 2020, 11:17:35 AM »
*My relatively newcomer JO status 2 cents if I may*

The leadership of the DOJ has commandeered the sentencing in a politically sensitive criminal matter, reversing the position uniformly accepted and promoted by highly skilled career prosecutors.  To the point that they all quit.  The criminal attorneys in the U.S. Attorneys' Office in NY are the best of the best.  The 7 to 9 yrs.?  Whatever, but that's a different discussion for another time.  The point is, this ain't right and Barr's got to check himself and Trump and pull back on the reins. 

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3821 on: February 14, 2020, 11:22:26 AM »

The leadership of the DOJ has commandeered the sentencing in a politically sensitive criminal matter, reversing the position uniformly accepted and promoted by highly skilled career prosecutors.  To the point that they all quit.  The criminal attorneys in the U.S. Attorneys' Office in NY are the best of the best.  The 7 to 9 yrs.?  Whatever, but that's a different discussion for another time.  The point is, this ain't right and Barr's got to check himself and Trump and pull back on the reins.

I'd actually agree with most of this if the clear and obvious juror bias at play didn't exist. The problem is, it does. Stone at the very least should be entitled to a new trial.

The only thing I'd disagree with (call it a function of my career experience if you'd like because its certainly possible I've been jaded after my experience working at legal aid) is the deference the comment gives towards the prosecutors involved. Seven times out of ten, these people are not justice-seekers.

Since some of us around here are so invested in ensuring Stone gets "justice" I'm wondering why those same voices aren't calling the DOJ "compromised" or wanting Bill Barr's head on a pike for declining to charge Andrew McCabe for blatantly lying to Congress.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:39:48 AM by mj2sexay »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3822 on: February 14, 2020, 02:55:25 PM »

New opinions are heavily encouraged. No one wants to hear what me and dcm have to say over and over
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3823 on: February 14, 2020, 04:48:17 PM »
New opinions are heavily encouraged. No one wants to hear what me and dcm have to say over and over
Can 100% confirm
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3824 on: February 14, 2020, 05:35:59 PM »

Hey I have far less to inject into this political nonsense than some others.

Politics is just a miserable way of life

Tags: