Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645352 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #3765 on: February 05, 2020, 11:31:53 AM »
I think any half intelligent person can agree that the more political a person is, the greater the likelihood is that they're either a psychopath or gigantic piece of excrement

This applies to spectators, media personalities, and well politicians.

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #3766 on: February 05, 2020, 11:32:49 AM »

One called Sandy Hook a hoax.

STOP PARSING THROUGH EVERYTHING ALEX JONES HAS EVER SAID OVER THE YEARS AND CHERRY-PICKING ONE NEGATIVE THING, HE'S AN ENTERTAINER AND COMEDIAN NOT A JOURNALIST SMH.

/s

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3767 on: February 05, 2020, 11:37:06 AM »
Lmao where'd that come from, Media Matters?

Yeah, sorry. Most of that excrement is benign compared to the vitriol that comes out of TheRoot, Jacobin, Salon, etc.
Funniest post you've ever made

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3768 on: February 05, 2020, 11:37:55 AM »

Also some one should find the copy of the State of the Union and make that disgusting queynte eat every page she ripped up and maybe give that stupid queynte seconds. My god I wanted to break my tv screen watching that queynte sit behind the President. You may not like the President, he's tough to like but show some respect you dumb hateful bitch, my god you're a congresswoman have some freaking respect for the office, show some courtesy. Especially when the entire world is watching.. My god do I hate Pelosi.

You lose for caring this much

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3769 on: February 05, 2020, 12:02:15 PM »

You lose for caring this much
He's just mad because she's geriatric thicc

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #3770 on: February 05, 2020, 12:14:32 PM »
He's just mad because she's geriatric thicc

And now I actually did throw up in my mouth
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3771 on: February 05, 2020, 12:19:19 PM »
Baby Mexican jail: I sleep

Lady tear paper: real excrement

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #3772 on: February 05, 2020, 12:55:01 PM »
Thought Pelosi looked immature ripping up the speech. Can see that gesture backfiring on the Democratic Party. The sore loser campaign will continue until Trumps re-election it seems.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3773 on: February 05, 2020, 01:06:21 PM »
STOP PARSING THROUGH EVERYTHING ALEX JONES HAS EVER SAID OVER THE YEARS AND CHERRY-PICKING ONE NEGATIVE THING, HE'S AN ENTERTAINER AND COMEDIAN NOT A JOURNALIST SMH.

/s

The comparison is ridiculous.

Baby Mexican jail: I sleep

Lady tear paper: real excrement

At least you didn't classify it as a concentration camp but its still an absurd classification.

Aaaaaaand given the breaking news, I feel so freaking justified in not voting for Romney.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 01:14:46 PM by mj2sexay »

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #3774 on: February 05, 2020, 02:20:38 PM »
The comparison is ridiculous.

Which is literally something an Alex fan would say to a comparison with a media figure they happened to disagree with. The comparison is ridiculous because you happen to think it is as someone who believes Rush is The Man, not because Rush happens to be more popular for more years.

Rush is an enormously successful and influential radio legend, I have no disagreement. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with the argument that Howard Stern and Rush are the 2 dominant figures in talk radio over the last 30 years or so (off the top of my head, maybe Im missing someone).
Alex Jones also has an ardent, loyal following. He has also had great success and built himself a media empire, albeit not on the scale of Rush. He is also influential to a great many Americans. You (and most thinking, empathetic, non-shitty people) were likely offended by his Sandy Hook nonsense, pandering to his conspiracy-swallowing base. Just like many millions have been offended by some of Rush's comically misogynistic and racist and asinine comments. Rush is playing a character to his base and pandering to them as much as Alex. Both are cartoonish. Both are adored by the current President (who is the embodiment of both of their respective bases, remarkably).

You cherry-picking a comment from Jones that you disagreed with and found offensive is very similar someone cherry-picking something gross that offended them from Rush. Both men are hypocrites, and both are pieces of excrement who have said outrageous, shitty things to be hurtful. I have ZERO doubt that Trump would also award Alex Jones the Medal of Freedom next time he wants to trollololol the left.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #3775 on: February 05, 2020, 02:24:37 PM »
Which is literally something an Alex fan would say to a comparison with a media figure they happened to disagree with. The comparison is ridiculous because you happen to think it is as someone who believes Rush is The Man, not because Rush happens to be more popular for more years.

Rush is an enormously successful and influential radio legend, I have no disagreement. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with the argument that Howard Stern and Rush are the 2 dominant figures in talk radio over the last 30 years or so (off the top of my head, maybe Im missing someone).
Alex Jones also has an ardent, loyal following. He has also had great success and built himself a media empire, albeit not on the scale of Rush. He is also influential to a great many Americans. You (and most thinking, empathetic, non-shitty people) were likely offended by his Sandy Hook nonsense, pandering to his conspiracy-swallowing base. Just like many millions have been offended by some of Rush's comically misogynistic and racist and asinine comments. Rush is playing a character to his base and pandering to them as much as Alex. Both are cartoonish. Both are adored by the current President (who is the embodiment of both of their respective bases, remarkably).

You cherry-picking a comment from Jones that you disagreed with and found offensive is very similar someone cherry-picking something gross that offended them from Rush. Both men are hypocrites, and both are pieces of excrement who have said outrageous, shitty things to be hurtful. I have ZERO doubt that Trump would also award Alex Jones the Medal of Freedom next time he wants to trollololol the left.

But how are they even remotely the same?!
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3776 on: February 05, 2020, 02:31:24 PM »

Ok. Give me a list of pundits you enjoy and I guarantee I can find offensive commentary. This outrage is selective horseshit because he espouses a conservative worldview. Period.

As I said earlier, this retroactive parsing of people's comments throughout their career is how we get people trying to get Bernie Sanders to disavow Rogan's endorsement. It's absurd.

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #3777 on: February 05, 2020, 02:54:20 PM »
Ok. Give me a list of pundits you enjoy and I guarantee I can find offensive commentary.

Oh, no doubt. Anyone can find anything to be offended by from anyone, especially those who disagree with their current political worldview. Thanks for reinforcing my point!

This outrage is selective horseshit because he espouses a conservative worldview. Period.

I don't necessarily disagree. Part of the outrage is because the Medal was given by Trump, a president disliked by most of the populace. Many Americans automatically assume the President is trolling them and antagonizing them with many of his comments and tweets and stunts. Giving Rush the Medal during the SOTU was an obvious stunt to poke the left in the eye, that's obvious right? It was meant to annoy/outrage millions of Americans, let's be intellectually honest.

As I said earlier, this retroactive parsing of people's comments throughout their career is how we get people trying to get Bernie Sanders to disavow Rogan's endorsement. It's absurd.

Yes, I agree. The manufactured Rogan/Sanders "outrage" is absurd and frustrating. It has nothing to do with my original post, but again, we agree.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3778 on: February 05, 2020, 03:07:01 PM »

I don't necessarily disagree. Part of the outrage is because the Medal was given by Trump, a president disliked by most of the populace. Many Americans automatically assume the President is trolling them and antagonizing them with many of his comments and tweets and stunts. Giving Rush the Medal during the SOTU was an obvious stunt to poke the left in the eye, that's obvious right? It was meant to annoy/outrage millions of Americans, let's be intellectually honest.

I'm torn between thinking how much of the timing was a "freak you" to the usual suspects as opposed to a display to his supporters that he doesn't give a excrement what the other side thinks; he'll back "their guys." In other words the direct opposite of your motive that he was trolling the left as opposed to offering support to the right. The motivation probably comes from both places.

As immature as this attitude is, if it gets the Joy Behar's the Chris Cuomo's the Jennifer Rubin's of the world angry, good. These people view me with contempt. Rick Wilson and Don Lemon's little exchange was indicative of the wider attitude that this unelected aristocracy of elites in this country have towards anyone who doesn't fall in line with their worldview to be lorded over.

I might very well be a freaking rube, its a distinct possibility. But I know a lot of people who voted for Trump who have done more for the greater societal good in one day than people like Rick Wilson Steve Schmidt and Jennifer Rubin have ever contributed in their life.

If it was the latter, even better. There's a spin cycle and a narrative machine that's going to do what they do no matter what. For too long, certain politicians have (and some still do) governed their actions on the basis that its' possible to, if not win these people over, at least gain respectability in their eyes. It's impossible. John Kasich can say whatever he wants about unity and principled governance, the Matt Yglesias's of the world are still going to hate him because he's not progressive. Mitt did what he did today, and he'll get his book deal and go on his redemption tour. 8 years ago the same voices who are now bending over backwards to kiss his derriere (lol) tried to directly tie him to someones death because of a Bain Capitol takeover. It's one giant grift.

This idea that Trump is disliked by the general populace when even the historically oversampled Gallup poll has him polling at 49% doesn't match up with reality. I'm as confident in his re-election as I was that Obama was going to destroy Romney. 

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3779 on: February 05, 2020, 11:05:38 PM »

Tags: