Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645840 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #3750 on: February 05, 2020, 08:22:11 AM »
I wouldn't pee on the piece of excrement Limbaugh if he was on fire. Freaking guy was against drug users and he's popping 100 pills a day the biggest lying hypocrite in this country freak him. He's a freaking joke.

Ok, so he's a hypocrite. Him and literally 99.9 percent of the rest of us.

Agree the paper ripping was in called for and disrespectful.

I also thought the way the gop acted was disrespectful.  Support your party, support your president, but this is Congress not the superbowl.  The chants and yelling was over the top and lacked respect for govt

The chants and yelling are par for the course no matter who the President is. It's not atypical.

As for Pelosi, she literally ripped apart a speech that spoke of black and hispanic financial advancement and cited American heroes in the audience such as Charles McGee. That is...so bewildering because its not a move that's going to endear herself to anyone but the vocal minority. A huge miscalculation imho. 

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3751 on: February 05, 2020, 08:38:22 AM »

The chants and yelling are par for the course no matter who the President is. It's not atypical.

As for Pelosi, she literally ripped apart a speech that spoke of black and hispanic financial advancement and cited American heroes in the audience such as Charles McGee. That is...so bewildering because its not a move that's going to endear herself to anyone but the vocal minority. A huge miscalculation imho.

Defense #1- There are people who are worse

Defense #2 - This is only his POV on 19 different topics.  If you looked at 10 or so other you'd clearly see hes a good guy who is misunderstood

Defense #3 - He does the same thing everyone else does

It is funny because these are the same defenses you hear for Trump.

I also want to clarify my position
1.  Someone can be entertaining and be a bad person.  i.e. Athletes don't need to be role models
2.  Liking someone that is a bad person, doesn't make you a bad person.  I'm not attacking your character.
These things are not mutually exclusive

I'm really curious about this.  I'll probably look at an old obama or bush state of the union over the weekend to see if this is true.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3752 on: February 05, 2020, 08:47:29 AM »
Defense #1- There are people who are worse

Defense #2 - This is only his POV on 19 different topics.  If you looked at 10 or so other you'd clearly see hes a good guy who is misunderstood

Defense #3 - He does the same thing everyone else does

It is funny because these are the same defenses you hear for Trump.

I also want to clarify my position
1.  Someone can be entertaining and be a bad person.  i.e. Athletes don't need to be role models
2.  Liking someone that is a bad person, doesn't make you a bad person.  I'm not attacking your character.
These things are not mutually exclusive
I'm really curious about this.  I'll probably look at an old obama or bush state of the union over the weekend to see if this is true.

Regarding defense #1 and #2, you keep misinterpreting the point, but this is what happens when you regurgitate this approach of taking the most offensive things someone has said (usually in jest) over a thirty year career and judging him on that basis no matter how anomalous they are of his stated beliefs.

The fact is, the same people who are castigating Rush as a racist have no problem sharing the latest racist drivel from Michael Harriot, Neera Tandeen, etc. That's not a "there are people who are worse" defense, that's a highlight of how the outrage is completely selective. Puck made a good point about the guys hypocrisy when it came to addiction-having lived with an addict, they're all hypocrites. It's part of the disease (and I do subscribe to the idea that addiction is a disease). Most non-addicts are hypocrites too.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3753 on: February 05, 2020, 08:58:51 AM »
Regarding defense #1 and #2, you keep misinterpreting the point, but this is what happens when you regurgitate this approach of taking the most offensive things someone has said (usually in jest) over a thirty year career and judging him on that basis no matter how anomalous they are of his stated beliefs.

The fact is, the same people who are castigating Rush as a racist have no problem sharing the latest racist drivel from Michael Harriot, Neera Tandeen, etc. That's not a "there are people who are worse" defense, that's a highlight of how the outrage is completely selective. Puck made a good point about the guys hypocrisy when it came to addiction-having lived with an addict, they're all hypocrites. It's part of the disease (and I do subscribe to the idea that addiction is a disease). Most non-addicts are hypocrites too.
I understand argument, but I disagree that someone supporting something negative negates their ability to call someone else out on their bullshit.  Or better stated, person 2s actions doesn't delegitimize (word?) the actions that person 1 did.  Rush still said these things throughout his career.

Its also worth noting, and this is my main point, Michael Harriot, Neera Tandeen, and whomever else, didn't get the Presidential medal of freedom.  Rush Limbaugh did.

I'm calling Rush out strictly for the reason of him winning the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

To further clarify, I, insanity, the one pushing this argument, is not promoting racist rhetoric on one side while also saying Rush is a POS.  This argument exists in a vacuum.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 09:37:10 AM by insanity »

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3754 on: February 05, 2020, 09:37:56 AM »

There's a big difference to what he has been doing as a hypocrite versus us here. He deserves a beating to an inch of his life but stage 4 lung cancer will suffice. The good thing is he can take lots and lots of pain pills.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 09:44:20 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3755 on: February 05, 2020, 09:59:40 AM »
I understand argument, but I disagree that someone supporting something negative negates their ability to call someone else out on their bullshit.  Or better stated, person 2s actions doesn't delegitimize (word?) the actions that person 1 did.  Rush still said these things throughout his career.

Its also worth noting, and this is my main point, Michael Harriot, Neera Tandeen, and whomever else, didn't get the Presidential medal of freedom.  Rush Limbaugh did.

I'm calling Rush out strictly for the reason of him winning the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

To further clarify, I, insanity, the one pushing this argument, is not promoting racist rhetoric on one side while also saying Rush is a POS.  This argument exists in a vacuum.

You do realize though, this method of retroactively parsing through every single statement made by a notable radio/podcast host is exactly how people are content to call Rogan a racist, anti-trans bla bla bla.

Also, I gotta note, the last President handed a Presidential Medal of Freedom to someone who literally vocalized her belief that race relations in this country won't improve until old white people die.

I know politifact (lol) is going to rate that claim as false because "she didn't overtly say white people" or some such excrement they usually say to justify their bias, but if we're reviewing statements from public figures here, a precedent was set.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3756 on: February 05, 2020, 10:18:49 AM »
You do realize though, this method of retroactively parsing through every single statement made by a notable radio/podcast host is exactly how people are content to call Rogan a racist, anti-trans bla bla bla.

Also, I gotta note, the last President handed a Presidential Medal of Freedom to someone who literally vocalized her belief that race relations in this country won't improve until old white people die.

I know politifact (lol) is going to rate that claim as false because "she didn't overtly say white people" or some such excrement they usually say to justify their bias, but if we're reviewing statements from public figures here, a precedent was set.

I agree that you cherry picking is a recipe for disaster.  We all have said things we regret.

I for one hold political commentators to a higher standard than comedians like Joe Rogan.
Additionally we're not cherrypicking 1, 2, or 3 things.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #3757 on: February 05, 2020, 10:25:01 AM »
Jesus freaking Christ. I really never thought I'd have to watch someone defend Rush freaking Limbaugh on this freaking site. Let's defend Alex Jones while we're at it because there's got to be someone who leans left who is a complete waste of skin too.

I almost literally threw up in my mouth.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3758 on: February 05, 2020, 10:30:09 AM »
Jesus freaking Christ. I really never thought I'd have to watch someone defend Rush freaking Limbaugh on this freaking site. Let's defend Alex Jones while we're at it because there's got to be someone who leans left who is a complete waste of skin too.

Your comparison of Limbaugh to Jones tells me pretty much all I need to know in terms of your knowledge of their respective careers.

One called Sandy Hook a hoax.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #3759 on: February 05, 2020, 10:34:12 AM »
the arguments about Gase are more interesting than this little slapfest over Limbaugh.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3760 on: February 05, 2020, 10:38:03 AM »
the arguments about Gase are more interesting than this little slapfest over Limbaugh.

infinitely so.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #3761 on: February 05, 2020, 10:39:18 AM »
infinitely so.

Gase sucks derriere by the way.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #3762 on: February 05, 2020, 10:54:11 AM »
Your comparison of Limbaugh to Jones tells me pretty much all I need to know in terms of your knowledge of their respective careers.

One called Sandy Hook a hoax.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (that's the way to do this, correct?)

My father listened to Rush for freaking years and it disgusted me. And yes, I compare Limbaugh to Alex Jones. Science says climate change is real. In just the stuff insanity posted, he denied the science multiple times. He also denied nicotine's addictive properties. He utilizes emotion under the guise of a "conservative" platform to sell himself as a product.

No, there's no similarity at all.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #3763 on: February 05, 2020, 10:59:43 AM »

I would like to defend Alex Jones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj5ec0pS1XI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JRLCBb7qK8

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3764 on: February 05, 2020, 11:00:43 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (that's the way to do this, correct?)

My father listened to Rush for freaking years and it disgusted me. And yes, I compare Limbaugh to Alex Jones. Science says climate change is real. In just the stuff insanity posted, he denied the science multiple times. He also denied nicotine's addictive properties. He utilizes emotion under the guise of a "conservative" platform to sell himself as a product.

No, there's no similarity at all.

Lmao, I do do that.

Tags: