Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 647451 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #3480 on: January 22, 2019, 01:25:05 PM »
Covington Catholic has been closed until its “safe to return”

The tolerant Left strikes again

What has "the tolerant left" done to cause this? Have there been specific threats, or is the school just sticking its head below the parapet until some other poopchute steps up to take their turn in the limelight?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3481 on: January 22, 2019, 01:30:15 PM »
retards on twitter saying those kids should get fucked up. idk why they closed other than to righteously say they closed, but here we are

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #3482 on: January 22, 2019, 02:02:02 PM »
What has "the tolerant left" done to cause this? Have there been specific threats, or is the school just sticking its head below the parapet until some other poopchute steps up to take their turn in the limelight?

A ton of journalists and verified people on twitter calling for actions against these kids, and you don't think some people would follow the lead and make death/bomb threats against the school?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3483 on: January 22, 2019, 02:06:51 PM »
A ton of journalists and verified people on twitter calling for actions against these kids, and you don't think some people would follow the lead and make death/bomb threats against the school?

I don't know. That's why I asked the question as to whether there had been specific threats.

If we're taking preventative actions over empty threats being made on Twitter then there's a missive most days from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue that should be causing concern.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #3484 on: January 22, 2019, 02:19:23 PM »
I don't know. That's why I asked the question as to whether there had been specific threats.

If we're taking preventative actions over empty threats being made on Twitter then there's a missive most days from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue that should be causing concern.

Nothing publicly as far as I can tell. But it wouldn't be surprising in the slightest if there were.

But "the tolerant left" or whatever in effect caused the school to close because of how the incident was treated this weekend, even if there weren't any specific threats.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3485 on: January 22, 2019, 02:50:27 PM »
Nothing publicly as far as I can tell. But it wouldn't be surprising in the slightest if there were.

But "the tolerant left" or whatever in effect caused the school to close because of how the incident was treated this weekend, even if there weren't any specific threats.

Did it? I think that's a bit of a leap. I think that a bunch of white teenage boys from a private Catholic school wearing MAGA hats and protesting against abortion are going to be a lightning rod for trouble and I think they're fully cognisant and welcoming of that. The images of them wearing blackface at school basketball games and the allegations of their accompanying behaviour don't tend to make me very sympathetic.

I suspect that the school isn't closed for reasons of safety, but because they're in PR damage control mode.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #3486 on: January 22, 2019, 03:06:15 PM »
Did it? I think that's a bit of a leap. I think that a bunch of white teenage boys from a private Catholic school wearing MAGA hats and protesting against abortion are going to be a lightning rod for trouble and I think they're fully cognisant and welcoming of that. The images of them wearing blackface at school basketball games and the allegations of their accompanying behaviour don't tend to make me very sympathetic.

I suspect that the school isn't closed for reasons of safety, but because they're in PR damage control mode.

I mean that's quite possibly the reason the school is closed, but the fact they have to be closed in the first place is ridiculous.

Comparing what this group of goddamn teenagers did to the reaction of everyone is ridiculous. Two people from the same school at an three years ago, ergo likely unrelated to anyone in this entire fiasco, painting their entire body black for a blackout basketball game isn't blackface imo, but even if it was, I don't see how that changes anything about the people involved in this event. They weren't even protesting against abortion at the time this whole thing happened. If wearing a stupid hat and having stupid political beliefs is enough to justify everything that's happened to these kids I think that's pretty freaking sad.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3487 on: January 22, 2019, 03:13:32 PM »
I mean that's quite possibly the reason the school is closed, but the fact they have to be closed in the first place is ridiculous.

Which is my point, I'm not sure they have to be. They're choosing to be. I don't know that we should be granting them martyrdom for doing so, no one is going to throw a molotov through their windows.

Comparing what this group of goddamn teenagers did to the reaction of everyone is ridiculous. Two people from the same school at an three years ago, ergo likely unrelated to anyone in this entire fiasco, painting their entire body black for a blackout basketball game isn't blackface imo, but even if it was, I don't see how that changes anything about the people involved in this event. They weren't even protesting against abortion at the time this whole thing happened. If wearing a stupid hat and having stupid political beliefs is enough to justify everything that's happened to these kids I think that's pretty freaking sad.

I don't actually know what has happened to these kids. One of them got his face plastered across social media, but again, you go for a march down The Mall in support of a divisive and emotional issue while wearing a MAGA hat, I'd put it to you that you're not really in a position to complain when someone notices you. That's kind of the point in the first place, is it not?

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3488 on: January 22, 2019, 05:43:38 PM »

From Kaepernick and the right to protest, (on company time mind you) to actually placing culpability on teenagers who were being screamed at and yelled racial and homophobic slurs by the black version of the WBC when kids decide to peacefully protest on their own saturday.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3489 on: January 22, 2019, 05:47:17 PM »

Let me tell you exactly what it is. A shitty and pathetic cop out.

Since the story about the kid at the protest isn't what people made it out to be, someone actually went digging through this schools history and posted this to somehow be vindicated and justify just the lying and the horrible treatment these kids have received. Because a kid was in the wrong place at the wrong time and wearing a MAGA hat, this somehow justifies a giant moral crusade involving digging through the schools history looking for anything that is not politically correct or even slightly racist.

Worse yet, there's clear video at this point that shows Phillips to be the lying sack of excrement that he is, but some are such slaves to identity or their political narrative, that in the case of "native american protestor vs. white pro-choice kid in a MAGA hat" they cannot comprehend, even with video to the contrary mind you, that the kid could be in the right.  It's freaking insane.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #3490 on: January 25, 2019, 08:39:28 AM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3491 on: January 25, 2019, 09:10:03 AM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #3492 on: January 25, 2019, 11:02:31 AM »
That read like a fuckin satire piece

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3493 on: January 25, 2019, 09:18:49 PM »
Let me tell you exactly what it is. A shitty and pathetic cop out.

Since the story about the kid at the protest isn't what people made it out to be, someone actually went digging through this schools history and posted this to somehow be vindicated and justify just the lying and the horrible treatment these kids have received. Because a kid was in the wrong place at the wrong time and wearing a MAGA hat, this somehow justifies a giant moral crusade involving digging through the schools history looking for anything that is not politically correct or even slightly racist.

Worse yet, there's clear video at this point that shows Phillips to be the lying sack of excrement that he is, but some are such slaves to identity or their political narrative, that in the case of "native american protestor vs. white pro-choice kid in a MAGA hat" they cannot comprehend, even with video to the contrary mind you, that the kid could be in the right.  It's freaking insane.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3494 on: January 25, 2019, 09:58:41 PM »

Ironic considering as I said, people combed the history of this school to find anything, no matter what the year or who was involved to bring down those MAGA teens!

"THOSE DARN TEENS AND THEIR HATS AND SMUG SMIRKS!" the collective left said while shaking their fists in the air. When did you all become Vernon Wormer.

Tags: