Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 646113 times)

ons

• Chad Pennington
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #3345 on: October 16, 2018, 02:08:52 PM »

...what?

Good question. You're the one who said immigrants only suffer political violence to people who believe the conditions "equate to Auschwitz." Quite confusing indeed.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3346 on: October 16, 2018, 03:14:29 PM »
Good question. You're the one who said immigrants only suffer political violence to people who believe the conditions "equate to Auschwitz." Quite confusing indeed.

That's not what I said at all, but failing an actual argument, why not harp on a misinterpretation?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3347 on: October 17, 2018, 02:23:26 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3348 on: October 18, 2018, 12:51:13 AM »
That's not what I said at all
It's political violence only if you're deluded enough to believe that air condition tents and ample provisions equate to Auschwitz.

Honestly have no idea what you mean.

Regarding immigrants, the two inane things you said were (1) the implication that they don't suffer from political violence (the separating of families is political violence, regardless of the conditions that the children are kept in) and (2) that Democrats shot down Ted Cruz's anti-family separation bill.

News from June/July indicated Feinstein and Cruz were working on a bipartisan compromise, not sure what propaganda outlet indicated to you that the Senate Dems either had the capacity or desire to ensure Cruz's bill would fail.

Regarding Elizabeth Warren - I have never particularly defended her, I have no strong feelings regarding her belief that her family was part American Indian. Seems like she genuinely believed it, and also seems like she's never particularly done anything to improve the living conditions of indigenous North Americans. Generally seems idiotic to give a excrement about one way or another, unless you're a member of her family.

Regarding the VA, the tragedy has always been the unnecessary wars we've fought since 2001. The waste of human life has been horrific and idiotic. Corruption in the VA has been tied to people trying to cover their own asses when underfunded systems are overtaxed by returning soldiers we never had plans for. What happened in the Arizona VA program is horrible, and attempts to politicize the suicides of veterans who were waiting to try get mental health care disgusts me. The amount of profit wrung from the bodies of sick and dead veterans is also disgusting.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 12:54:06 AM by ons »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3349 on: October 18, 2018, 09:31:51 AM »
Honestly have no idea what you mean.

Regarding immigrants, the two inane things you said were (1) the implication that they don't suffer from political violence (the separating of families is political violence, regardless of the conditions that the children are kept in) and (2) that Democrats shot down Ted Cruz's anti-family separation bill.

News from June/July indicated Feinstein and Cruz were working on a bipartisan compromise, not sure what propaganda outlet indicated to you that the Senate Dems either had the capacity or desire to ensure Cruz's bill would fail.

Regarding Elizabeth Warren - I have never particularly defended her, I have no strong feelings regarding her belief that her family was part American Indian. Seems like she genuinely believed it, and also seems like she's never particularly done anything to improve the living conditions of indigenous North Americans. Generally seems idiotic to give a excrement about one way or another, unless you're a member of her family.

Regarding the VA, the tragedy has always been the unnecessary wars we've fought since 2001. The waste of human life has been horrific and idiotic. Corruption in the VA has been tied to people trying to cover their own asses when underfunded systems are overtaxed by returning soldiers we never had plans for. What happened in the Arizona VA program is horrible, and attempts to politicize the suicides of veterans who were waiting to try get mental health care disgusts me. The amount of profit wrung from the bodies of sick and dead veterans is also disgusting.

1. The separation of children from their families during the asylum process is not political violence, but rather the only available option given existing legislation. The alternative is to incentivize people bringing their children to the border by essentially ensuring that if you have a kid, it's a get out of jail free card. What should we do? Release them into the general population while their claims are being processed, so that if and when the asylum claim is determined to be bogus its a moot point anyway? Sorry we aren't going back to catch and release, and that the leftist dream of open borders is completely unpalatable to the rest of the nation, not to mention idiotic. I'm not, "gatekeeping" anything, you're utilizing hyperbole and an emotional appeal by using the term "political violence" and comparing keeping people in humane conditions to enforce rational immigration law to psycho protesters blocking traffic, harassing people at dinner and putting their hands on others because there's otherwise no substance to the argument.

Like every other sovereign nation in the history of the world, we're allowed to enforce our border and at least attempt to keep some semblance of order at the border and meaningfulness to the existing laws we have. "Political violence" is to allow unfettered illegal immigration in this country, with the social and economic consequences specifically to the lower and middle class that follow.

Democrats in the Senate did shoot down Ted Cruz's bill. Not sure what propaganda outlet convince you otherwise. Feinstein's bill was utter dreck and again, a vehicle that would've ensured the return of catch-and-release at best.

Regarding Elizabeth Warren, literally every time I bring up what a fraud she is, you run to her defense. It's an idiotic thing to give a excrement about until you realize the sad state of affairs where a politician can repeatedly state a lie, release a DNA test that does absolutely nothing to bolster her claim, and know that the establishment media will try to gaslight their way into giving her the victory on the subject. CNN, WaPo, Time, they all tried to paint this as a situation where the test proved her claim. If they're willing to lie about this, what else are they willing to lie about, besides anything that would ensure the end of Drumpf. And, while I'm not a believer in cultural appropriation, she literally used Native Americans as a pet ancestry to advance her career. This is a woman that in law review releases, other academic material and on her actual senate page was referred to as a person of color.

Regarding the VA scandal, what's really horrifying is having a single payer system demonstratively fail and argue that we should go back because of an utter cult like devotion to a shitty system. I'm not trying to politicize anything, I'm not the one that made that claim. It's not "politicizing" an issue by stating that a previous system failed, and wanting better. For what it's worth, I agree that the last thing we should be doing is still engaging in "depose-and-replace" around the world and nation building in areas that don't want us there and aren't interested in our efforts to change their leadership. Hence why I didn't vote for a war-mongering hawk who's record as Secretary of State speaks for itself.

You're a hack who self-projects while trying to maintain some sort of guise of independence and rationality. You look past every single instance of partisan commentary in this sub, you look past every demonstrated sign of political violence being perpetrated by the left, lying in wait just to harp on my latest post. You can stay on my johnson if you'd like, but it's weird.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 09:39:08 AM by mj2sexay »

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #3350 on: October 22, 2018, 06:47:21 AM »
I think this speaks for itself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZcHKAbl4UA

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3351 on: October 24, 2018, 08:31:50 AM »
Pipe bombs intercepted and defused in the personal mail of George Soros and the Clintons.

Those evil violent lefties are at it again.

Edit: also Barack Obama's office.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 08:45:47 AM by Johnny English »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3352 on: October 24, 2018, 09:09:48 AM »
Pipe bombs intercepted and defused in the personal mail of George Soros and the Clintons.

Those evil violent lefties are at it again.

Edit: also Barack Obama's office.

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/ricinlaced-letter-sent-to-pentagon-jim-mattis-admiral-john-richardson/news-story/a37de518e2b9753c314b5ae49c9cad98

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2017/06/congressional-baseball-shooter-hated-republicans-has-died-of-injuries.html

I know, its only the right-wing with a violent streak. You aren't this dumb.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3353 on: October 24, 2018, 09:27:24 AM »

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/ricinlaced-letter-sent-to-pentagon-jim-mattis-admiral-john-richardson/news-story/a37de518e2b9753c314b5ae49c9cad98

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2017/06/congressional-baseball-shooter-hated-republicans-has-died-of-injuries.html

I know, its only the right-wing with a violent streak. You aren't this dumb.

It's probably a false flag operation to make the right wing look bad in advance of the midterms. My guess is that Soros paid for them himself.

Time Warner's head office as well, BTW. Presumably aimed at CNN.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3354 on: October 24, 2018, 10:16:50 AM »
It's probably a false flag operation to make the right wing look bad in advance of the midterms. My guess is that Soros paid for them himself.

Time Warner's head office as well, BTW. Presumably aimed at CNN.

I mean, in fairness, what can I say. I've seen the conspiracy theory being floated about, it's incredibly dumb.

Though Time Warner's head office being on the list is a bit suspicious. Almost trying to drive the point home that this was indeed one of those crazy redneck Trumptards/Trumpkins.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3355 on: October 24, 2018, 02:24:40 PM »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #3356 on: October 24, 2018, 03:09:01 PM »
I'm clearly no Trump fan, but I commend him for denouncing any attempts at terrorism. Calling the acts "abhorrent" and calling for unity. That's acting Presidential.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3357 on: October 25, 2018, 03:44:16 AM »
I'm clearly no Trump fan, but I commend him for denouncing any attempts at terrorism. Calling the acts "abhorrent" and calling for unity. That's acting Presidential.
That's literally the bare minimum. I mean, these days, that's still an accomplishment by Trump, but are we really giving him credit for saying terrorism is bad?

Wait a week, and he'll be saying they're false bomb threats by the libs at his mob rallies.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #3358 on: October 25, 2018, 12:03:35 PM »
That's literally the bare minimum. I mean, these days, that's still an accomplishment by Trump, but are we really giving him credit for saying terrorism is bad?

Wait a week, and he'll be saying they're false bomb threats by the libs at his mob rallies.

You know, the other day he called out the Fed, which I agreed with. I don't think they should be repeatedly raising the rate. Then he said that, and I thought "Okay, this is better."

But he didn't even wait a day before turning around and blaming the "liberal media" and its "fake news" for causing the sentiment that led to these attacks.

Also, who the hell sends an IED to Robert De Niro?!
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3359 on: October 25, 2018, 12:11:09 PM »
You know, the other day he called out the Fed, which I agreed with. I don't think they should be repeatedly raising the rate. Then he said that, and I thought "Okay, this is better."

But he didn't even wait a day before turning around and blaming the "liberal media" and its "fake news" for causing the sentiment that led to these attacks.

Also, who the hell sends an IED to Robert De Niro?!

Any of these are acceptable answers:

A) George Soros
B) Honduran Immigrant Caravan
C) Antifa
D) ISIS
E) Russia

Tags: