Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645539 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #3330 on: October 16, 2018, 09:30:18 AM »
http://apnews.com/27d20f50883d47e4926ec28f27343274

ALTON, Ill. (AP) — After last year’s deadly clash between white nationalists and counter-protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, the federal government quietly spent millions of dollars to hire private security guards to stand watch over at least eight Confederate cemeteries, documents from the Department of Veterans Affairs show.

Good use of VA money. Can't afford to hire more staff though.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3331 on: October 16, 2018, 10:13:42 AM »

Hopefully this doesn’t cut into the Space Force budget
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3332 on: October 16, 2018, 12:07:31 PM »

I know, we should just go back to the days Obama was in charge and placed General Shinseki as Secretary of Veterans Affairs.

No more guards standing over confederate statues, just veterans dying on waiting lists.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3333 on: October 16, 2018, 12:36:52 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Lieawatha BTFO.
I know, we should just go back to the days Obama was in charge and placed General Shinseki as Secretary of Veterans Affairs.

No more guards standing over confederate statues, just veterans dying on waiting lists.

I have to say, I remain impressed by your dedication to upholding the image of a pure, undiluted partisan hack.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3334 on: October 16, 2018, 12:46:05 PM »

You're right, efforts to privatize the VA have rotted the agency. Full single payer now.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3335 on: October 16, 2018, 12:51:43 PM »
I have to say, I remain impressed by your dedication to upholding the image of a pure, undiluted partisan hack.

I knew the mere mention of Liz Warren as Fauxahontas would draw you out.

Your insistence on continuing to defend this psycho and her not only ridiculous lie every time she brings up her family history, but her demonstrative profiteering off of this speaks a lot more towards your own partisan hackery then it does my own. She's a freaking fraud, (not just on this), the media in trying to run cover for her has done more to argue towards Trump's point that they're just a mass entity of lying twats then he ever could. You got ABC News actually running the beginning of their story as "Senator Warren calling the Presidents bluff!" Yea, she called it alright, with the worst hand I've ever seen. Time running a headline that she was proven right. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

As for the second quote, maybe my priorities are out of whack, but yes I'll be willing to let a little frivolous spending go from the VA if it means 17 veterans don't die due to inaction and bureaucracy from a horrifically mismanaged system. Like what happened under the previous administration for example. 

You're right, efforts to privatize the VA have rotted the agency. Full single payer now.

Just to recap:

The VA under the closest thing to a universal system we had in this country: people dying on waiting lists, rampant corruption.

The VA privatized: some funds are being directed to prevent statues from being torn down by crazy, fat, blue haired leftists. Like the ones seen blocking traffic in Portland.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3336 on: October 16, 2018, 01:01:36 PM »
When people talk about Trump Derangement Syndrome it's shocking that they aren't talking about people who went from "I'd be happy with a tax cut" to "MUH BLUEHAIRED DEGENRATS".

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3337 on: October 16, 2018, 01:03:17 PM »
When people talk about Trump Derangement Syndrome it's shocking that they aren't talking about people who went from "I'd be happy with a tax cut" to "MUH BLUEHAIRED DEGENRATS".

I know, we should just talk about people who somehow rationalize calls for political violence from sitting Democratic congresswomen.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3338 on: October 16, 2018, 01:06:00 PM »
I know, we should just talk about people who somehow rationalize calls for political violence from sitting Democratic congresswomen.
Rationalize? I straight up endorse that excrement.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3339 on: October 16, 2018, 01:06:50 PM »
Rationalize? I straight up endorse that excrement.

And that makes you a piece of excrement.

Sorry, there is no sugarcoating this. You are literally advocating for violence against your political opposites.

We live in a country that is by and large, centrist. They will put up with buffoonery, especially if employment is available and especially if the other option is advocating for violence and lawlessness. This is why the left will continue to lose. Imagine a party in opposition to the President that's unable to take a majority of the Senate? That's historically bad.

Enjoy taking the House, passing an extremely hollow impeachment and then watching as Trump becomes the first sitting President to be impeached and be elected to a second term.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 01:10:03 PM by mj2sexay »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3340 on: October 16, 2018, 01:09:36 PM »

And that makes you a piece of excrement.

Sorry, there is no sugarcoating this. You are literally advocating for violence against your political opposites.

Unlike carrying out political violence on immigrants. That's fine.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3341 on: October 16, 2018, 01:10:04 PM »
I knew the mere mention of Liz Warren as Fauxahontas would draw you out.

Your insistence on continuing to defend this psycho and her not only ridiculous lie every time she brings up her family history, but her demonstrative profiteering off of this speaks a lot more towards your own partisan hackery then it does my own.

Ah yes, being embarrassed that inane name-calling seems to be the standard of political discourse in this country is a sign of my partisan hackery. Good point, as always.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3342 on: October 16, 2018, 01:10:33 PM »

Unlike carrying out political violence on immigrants. That's fine.

It's political violence only if you're deluded enough to believe that air condition tents and ample provisions equate to Auschwitz.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3343 on: October 16, 2018, 01:12:19 PM »
It's political violence only if you're deluded enough to believe that air condition tents and ample provisions equate to Auschwitz.

... political violence must be Auschwitz level or it's not real? Gatekeeping the definition of violence, more well-reasoned political debating in the modern age.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3344 on: October 16, 2018, 01:34:17 PM »
... political violence must be Auschwitz level or it's not real? Gatekeeping the definition of violence, more well-reasoned political debating in the modern age.

...what?

Ok then. Putting undocumented children in humane conditions https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/inside-tornillo-the-expanded-tent-city-for-migrant-children/ar-BBOiTHd and not the cages they had been previously locked in under the last administration while their parents asylum claims are being processed, is not the same as roundhouse kicking some pro-life advocate (misguided as they may be), a former candidate for President feeding into angry mobs by saying, "we can't be civil until our side retakes power" or as the left likes to do, any of the Nazi concentration camps such as Auschwitz or Buchenwald that they're so frequently compared to.

For what it's worth, Zodiac Killer introduced legislation in the Senate to divert more funds to the border by way of increasing funding for legal services, installing more immigration judges and streamlining the process so that these claims would be more quickly adjudicated and therefore these kids would have a clear and defined timeline for detention in these facilities. Of course, it wasn't even considered by Senate Democrats so as not to forfeit the talking point.

And before anyone shits on legal services, those people are the true believers, and I would have full faith in their ability to fairly represent anyone with a legitimate claim of asylum.

Tags: