Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645983 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #3180 on: May 01, 2018, 01:55:58 AM »
This part isn’t important as how they’re treated by club owners and bookers and TV execs.

Read this. Laurie is one of the funniest people working in comedy.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/opinion/sunday/louis-ck-harassment.html

(Yes I love trashing Haberman a few posts ago and still linking to the NYT)

I know, I read the first part of it. It's not just comedy and it's a shame. Thankfully in this era, men that do that excrement are finally starting to pay the price. I saw it first hand in the financial industry. excrement I have good friends (gals) that I protected from that excrement and will be my friends until the day I die.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3181 on: May 01, 2018, 06:21:56 AM »
Nathan J. Robinson did a good piece on Wolf's set and the reaction to it.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/04/what-being-politically-incorrect-actually-looks-like

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #3182 on: May 01, 2018, 11:23:24 AM »
I like Nathan J Robinson a lot. Current Affairs is a legit publication. He torched Jordan Peterson in a thorough and intellectually sound manner

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3184 on: May 01, 2018, 02:26:26 PM »
There is still a lot of thinking on the right that if big corporations are happy, they’re going to take the money they’re saving and reinvest it in American workers. In fact they bought back shares, a few gave out bonuses; there’s no evidence whatsoever that the money’s been massively poured back into the American worker.

Quote from well known libtard commie Marco Rubio in pinko leftist rag The Economist.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #3185 on: May 01, 2018, 03:23:57 PM »
Quote from well known libtard commie Marco Rubio in pinko leftist rag The Economist.

My twitter feed blew up about this. Part of me is like "Good! I'm glad someone is finally growing a backbone in that party" and part of me is like "Motherfuckers! We all knew this excrement was going to happen, and you did too, and you did it any damn way!"
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3186 on: May 01, 2018, 06:58:52 PM »
I like Nathan J Robinson a lot. Current Affairs is a legit publication. He torched Jordan Peterson in a thorough and intellectually sound manner

What.

I read that article. On top of completely misinterpreting and taking excerpts of the book out of context, it was the usual denial of basic societal and biological norms that the side of science has come to adopt.

FFS, This place never fails to come off like the derriere end of r/pol.

I don’t have the energy (on here) to express how chickenly excrement coward most of the press and mainstream media are. Michelle Wolf absolutely killed at the WHCD and nearly everyone of these snakely opportunists tried to manipulate the content of her jokes. It is an insane logical position to normalize a fascist and the ones who pedal lies on her behalf and then say Wolf’s set was mean spirited

Maggie Haberman is a very bad person

Ah, I see you're part of the "EVERYONE I DON'T LIKE IS A FASCIST" crowd. Not sure if that's as hilarious as the idea that the mainstream press somehow carries water for Trump. Hilarious! Carry on.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 07:01:58 PM by mj2sexay »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3187 on: May 01, 2018, 08:36:13 PM »
Clean your room mj

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3188 on: May 01, 2018, 11:47:08 PM »
FFS, This place never fails to come off like the derriere end of r/pol.

r/iamverysmart

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3189 on: May 03, 2018, 01:32:30 AM »
Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson flunkies are some of the saddest people on earth. I guess the only thing worse is Ben Shapiro flunkies.

They are a stupid person’s idea of a smart person. Their positions are either so convoluted that there’s no salient point, or they’re so rudimentary that every 10 year old knows it already. Dumb people aren’t able to sift through their boring prose to see that they’re full of excrement and in the case of the former 2, just entirely repackaging old Jungun or Eastern philosophies.

It only took 2 lines for MJ to come with the cliche “out of context” these charlatans use to be evasive about the shaky status of their fundamental ideas. It’s like waving a sign, “I don’t know what the freak I’m talking about so I need a pseudointellectual to simplify life in a box for me”
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:37:43 AM by JFIF »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #3190 on: May 03, 2018, 06:26:12 PM »
When you’re such a regressive lady garden you even have a problem with SAM HARRIS. Wow.

Anyway, you think we’re under the throes  of fascism, so I’ll go ahead and place the same value on any insult you want to lob at me as I would a Browning Nagle rookie card. But tell me this my intellectual savior, if Pedersons positions are so convoluted or rudimentary, (a contradiction in itself) why the need to misrepresent them, and mask your idiocy with nothing but insults?

Believe me, you’re nowhere near as intelligent as you think you are.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3191 on: May 03, 2018, 06:40:50 PM »
When you’re such a regressive lady garden you even have a problem with SAM HARRIS. Wow.

Anyway, you think we’re under the throes  of fascism, so I’ll go ahead and place the same value on any insult you want to lob at me as I would a Browning Nagle rookie card. But tell me this my intellectual savior, if Pedersons positions are so convoluted or rudimentary, (a contradiction in itself) why the need to misrepresent them, and mask your idiocy with nothing but insults?

Believe me, you’re nowhere near as intelligent as you think you are.

Ok Donny, nice projection here. Maybe see a therapist?  Not Jordan Peterson.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3192 on: May 03, 2018, 07:02:16 PM »

Sam Harris is a smart guy with some bad ideas. Jordan Peterson is a cynic who has done a great job of monetising the role of being the respectable face of angry neckbeards. I'm not sure I'd necessarily equate the two completely, but I can understand why people have issues with them both. I certainly do, but I'd be happy to sit and talk with Harris; Peterson, not so much.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3193 on: May 03, 2018, 08:13:01 PM »
Ever relevant

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis