Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645780 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #3165 on: April 13, 2018, 02:52:29 PM »
Also, I can't imagine any person would just vote against this without there being some backstory about why.  Maybe they left something out of this story or maybe there was other legislation in it that these others voted against besides the banging cows part.  If these 10 people just thought it should be fine for a dude to have a one night stand with a goat, then good grief....

It has to be because it included legislation deeming anal sex between adults as no longer illegal.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #3166 on: April 13, 2018, 02:54:13 PM »
Take it easy chief.  Parts, yes.  All, no.  Parts of the Northeast are a cesspool too.

Also, I can't imagine any person would just vote against this without there being some backstory about why.  Maybe they left something out of this story or maybe there was other legislation in it that these others voted against besides the banging cows part.  If these 10 people just thought it should be fine for a dude to have a one night stand with a goat, then good grief....

I am presuming it's linked to the other element of the story, that the previous law was struck down as unconstitutional because it also included sodomy and they're the kind of hardcore dickhead Christians who think that the government should be allowed to legislate the bedroom. I'd guess they're voting against it in principle because they want to keep the debate about outlawing homosexuality open, and in their fucked up narrative there's no separating it from bestiality just as long as no one catches them freaking their 17 year old rent boy.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3167 on: April 17, 2018, 03:29:43 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/us/politics/supreme-court-deportations-trump.html

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Tuesday struck down a law that allowed the government to deport some immigrants who commit serious crimes, saying it was unconstitutionally vague. The decision will limit the Trump administration’s efforts to deport people convicted of some kinds of crimes.

The vote was 5 to 4, with Justice Neil M. Gorsuch joining the court’s four more liberal members to form a bare majority, which was a first. Justice Gorsuch wrote that the law crossed a constitutional line.

“Vague laws,” he wrote in a concurring opinion, “invite arbitrary power.”

Justice Gorsuch had voted with the court’s conservative majority in February in a different immigration case, one that ruled that people held in immigration detention, sometimes for years, are not entitled to periodic hearings to decide whether they may be released on bail.

His vote in Tuesday’s case was not entirely surprising, though, as he has a skepticism of vague laws that do not give people affected by them adequate notice of what they prohibit.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #3168 on: April 20, 2018, 12:10:30 PM »
The DNC has filed a civil lawsuit against members of Trump's campaign party, Russia, and Wikileaks. On the surface, it seems almost petty and insignificant, but it's actually kind of brilliant and far from what I usually expect from the Democratic party.

If people like Manafort, Kushner, and Trump Jr. have to testify under oath on a civil witness stand, Congress can't protect them with closed-door sessions. Every detail will be right in front of the media. Plus, the suit already has presented previously undisclosed information, such as the exact dates of the data breaches.

This is a tactic the Dems used against Nixon as well. The suit was settled on the day Nixon left office.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3169 on: April 22, 2018, 01:06:38 PM »
https://t.co/N1SjwLB1gD

Alexander, who was born in Guatemala, but had been adopted and brought to the U.S. at eight months old, said he knew something was wrong when courtroom staff took fifteen minutes to check his Guatemalan identification card after only taking moments to check his then-fiance's.

"I didn't have my Green Card yet, so I gave them the I.D. I had been given and they took it back to the judge and next thing I know a constable is coming out and telling me he needs to detain me because I.D. didn't look real," Alexander told Newsweek.

"I tried to tell them it wasn't fake and that it was issued from the Guatemalan Consulate but they wouldn't believe me and told me I wasn't allowed to go anywhere or leave the building until I could show proof," he added.

Afraid the couple wouldn't be able to go on with their wedding, Krisha, 23, raced home to get Alexander's paperwork and prove he was in the U.S. legally. But she says as soon as she left, Judge Elizabeth Beckley, who had been meant to marry the young couple, called Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to have her fiance arrested.

Krisha said ICE officers "scared the hell out of [Alexander]," when they showed up, threatening to take him to an immigration detention center if they couldn't confirm he was in the U.S. legally.

Alexander said officers fingerprinted him without asking for his permission and warned him that instead of celebrating his wedding, he could end up spending the evening at an immigration detention center in Harrisburg.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3170 on: April 26, 2018, 02:30:23 PM »
special boy (@HonoredSpirit) Tweeted:
because we live in hell i have downloaded the campaign ad for white supremacist Paul Nehlen, who paid Diamond and Silk $7000 for it. enjoy https://t.co/GweDKtIwux https://twitter.com/HonoredSpirit/status/989555333935894529?s=17

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3171 on: April 27, 2018, 08:54:15 PM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3172 on: April 29, 2018, 08:37:36 PM »

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #3173 on: April 30, 2018, 10:58:39 PM »
I don’t have the energy (on here) to express how chickenly excrement coward most of the press and mainstream media are. Michelle Wolf absolutely killed at the WHCD and nearly everyone of these snakely opportunists tried to manipulate the content of her jokes. It is an insane logical position to normalize a fascist and the ones who pedal lies on her behalf and then say Wolf’s set was mean spirited

Maggie Haberman is a very bad person

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3174 on: April 30, 2018, 11:23:12 PM »
I just listened to her and it was pretty funny and as a rule I don't like women comedians too much.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3175 on: May 01, 2018, 01:10:22 AM »
I don't like women comedians too much.

This is a horrendously bad take.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3176 on: May 01, 2018, 01:21:31 AM »
I half assume you’re kidding but the amount of people who genuinely feel that way is alarming.

The problem is the funniest women either don’t get booked by club owners or are less likely to get a TV deal or get harassed out of the industry. It’s like there can only be one famous female stand up comedian at a time and everyone else has to wait. Then the public shits on the ones who make it (Amy Schumer, Nikki Glaser, etc) because they’re not “the best” but it’s not their fault they got elevated and no one else did. It is a product of the industry trying to find attractive people who happen to be funny.

Female comics that can survive how horrible comedy and humanity is in general are usually not to be fucked with.  The way men (and other women) treat female comics at clubs is really bad.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 01:25:10 AM by JFIF »

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3177 on: May 01, 2018, 01:29:43 AM »
This is a horrendously bad take.

Yeah oddly enough it's not. I find a lot of them not too funny. I can make a list. They're just not my style of comedy, usually.

How they're treated by male comics is a separate issue.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 01:34:17 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3178 on: May 01, 2018, 01:33:51 AM »
Yeah oddly enough it's not. I find a lot of them not too funny. I can make a list.

You can make a list of mainstream comics you’re exposed to that are likely cute and got TV shows. They are also probably funny but since they’re the only female comic you’re exposed to so you grade them on a Richard Pryor/ Bill Hicks curve.

There are tons of funny female comics that you simply haven’t heard of because they don’t get the late night shows or sets as much

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #3179 on: May 01, 2018, 01:42:50 AM »
Yeah oddly enough it's not. I find a lot of them not too funny. I can make a list. They're just not my style of comedy, usually.

How they're treated by male comics is a separate issue.

This part isn’t important as how they’re treated by club owners and bookers and TV execs.

Read this. Laurie is one of the funniest people working in comedy.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/opinion/sunday/louis-ck-harassment.html

(Yes I love trashing Haberman a few posts ago and still linking to the NYT)

Tags: