Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645205 times)

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2014, 08:35:00 PM »

I voted slightly agree on that one.

Same here. Strongly would imply that other people's lives mean nothing, or something to that effect.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2014, 12:09:37 AM »
I got 78% conservative and 22 Liberal because I dogs more than cats, I think borders are cool and I prefer Times Square to the Met.....I am 50/50 because I think both sides suck balls.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2014, 12:09:56 AM »
I voted slightly agree on that one.

+1
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

FlashGordon

• Drew Coleman
« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2014, 12:16:31 AM »
I got 78% conservative and 22 Liberal because I dogs more than cats, I think borders are cool and I prefer Times Square to the Met.....I am 50/50 because I think both sides suck balls.

I'll take it.
If Mussolini’s fascism was based upon the idea of a charismatic ruler, on corporatism, on the utopia of the Imperial Fate of Rome, on an imperialistic will to conquer new territories, on an exacerbated nationalism...

Ur-Fascism Umberto Eco

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2014, 12:22:27 AM »
He dogs more than cats.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2014, 10:19:26 AM »
That excrement was stupid.  I got 100% Turned It Off After 3 Questions.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2014, 10:45:50 AM »
That excrement was stupid.  I got 100% Turned It Off After 3 Questions.

Lack of drive and ambition? Liberal.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2014, 10:48:24 AM »
So all the liberals in my Facebook feed are freaking the hell out over this Christie thing. It's insane. I know conservatives can tend to go apeshit over minor things, but looks like manh liberals have been waiting for something negative to say about Christie.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2014, 11:19:15 AM »

So all the liberals in my Facebook feed are freaking the hell out over this Christie thing. It's insane. I know conservatives can tend to go apeshit over minor things, but looks like manh liberals have been waiting for something negative to say about Christie.

That's because über partisan people freak the freak out.  Über cons think it's a liberal problem.  über libs think it's a conservative problem.  Meanwhile, the country continues to get more fucked up because all they really want to do is find a way to demonize the other side.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2014, 11:23:11 AM »
He dogs more than cats.

Geez typing from phone is such a pain in the balls.......

It's because I like Dogs more than Cats.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2014, 06:11:01 PM »
That's because über partisan people freak the freak out.  Über cons think it's a liberal problem.  über libs think it's a conservative problem.  Meanwhile, the country continues to get more fucked up because all they really want to do is find a way to demonize the other side.

I realize this more and more as I get older. I spent 8 years defending Bush on a bunch of little excrement only to watch the right do the exact same thing to Obama. It's sickening. If anything Christie is the one guy many liberals could get behind, but that R in his name makes it impossible, lest they end up looking like backward racists.
"Wrong!"

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2014, 06:14:05 PM »
I realize this more and more as I get older. I spent 8 years defending Bush on a bunch of little excrement only to watch the right do the exact same thing to Obama. It's sickening. If anything Christie is the one guy many liberals could get behind, but that R in his name makes it impossible, lest they end up looking like backward racists.

In my experience, the racist term has primarily been tossed around when the target can't think of an actual reason he hates Obama.  I've mostly just seen people claiming they're not allowed to hate him because they'll be called racist.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #177 on: January 13, 2014, 08:32:07 AM »

The only thing this traffic thing reflects now is that Christie might not always have the best judgment choosing staffers.

If it comes out that he knew about it/was behind it, I think it's a story that will stick with him, however bizarre it might seem. It just reads so straightforward - he did something bad to innocent people cause he didn't like their mayor - that it's easy for it to get traction.

If no one uncovers anything that shows he was aware of it, I think it blows over relatively easily.

Edit: Also, disliking 'fusion' food makes me a conservative? Fusion is freaking tacky, snobby liberal elitists like me have no time for that excrement. (64% conservative for me).
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:35:16 AM by ons »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #178 on: January 13, 2014, 08:35:16 AM »
The thing is, it's never just one thing. Everyone's putting the boot in now, it seems:

http://thinkprogress.org/home/2014/01/13/3152271/6-need-know-federal-investigation-chris-christies-sandy-relief-funds/
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #179 on: January 13, 2014, 08:40:29 AM »
The thing is, it's never just one thing. Everyone's putting the boot in now, it seems:

http://thinkprogress.org/home/2014/01/13/3152271/6-need-know-federal-investigation-chris-christies-sandy-relief-funds/

Well it was some flunky that did it, they have the emails to prove it. So in a few weeks he will apologize, some of his life long friends will be fired, routine stuff, yawn. Oh wait didn't that already happen?

Tags: