Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645171 times)

ons

• Chad Pennington
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2014, 04:59:58 PM »
What a shame.

It was nice having the healthcare of an entire country being handled by Michelle Obamas college friend on a no bid contract.

Because whats America without cronyism

CGI was approved to be one of the only IT firms in the nation to be allowed to work on Government healthcare IT in 2007, before Obama and before that woman who knows Michelle worked there. Out of that limited group, four of the companies went on to submit bids for the contract that would end up as Obamacare, and they submitted the most "cost-effective" plan. Do you just mindlessly suck at the right-wing hysteria bullshit nozzle 24/7?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2014, 06:01:09 PM »
CGI was approved to be one of the only IT firms in the nation to be allowed to work on Government healthcare IT in 2007, before Obama and before that woman who knows Michelle worked there. Out of that limited group, four of the companies went on to submit bids for the contract that would end up as Obamacare, and they submitted the most "cost-effective" plan. Do you just mindlessly suck at the right-wing hysteria bullshit nozzle 24/7?

I think the right sucks balls too.

That said I dont know that washington post is a "right wing hysteria bullshit nozzle" (maybe they are ?)

But http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/10/16/meet-cgi-federal-the-company-behind-the-botched-launch-of-healthcare-gov/

Apparently their were 16 bids though, and we decided to go with a Canadian company (so much for those American Jobs eh?)

who was
"CGI Federal is a relative newbie on the U.S. government IT contracting scene."

And
Its performance on Ontario, Canada's health-care medical registry for diabetes sufferers was so poor that officials ditched the $46.2 million contract after three years of missed deadlines, the Washington Examiner reported.

But I guess its ok because you have Obamas nut in your mouth, that just because YES WE CAN

That everything he does is great, even if its a massive epic failure

Its cool though because it all worked so well
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:05:06 PM by dcm1602 »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2014, 06:23:34 PM »
Apparently their were 16 bids though, and we decided to go with a Canadian company (so much for those American Jobs eh?)

You've heard of a little document called NAFTA, I presume? Notwithstanding the fact that CGI employ tens of thousands of people in the US, trust me when I say with first hand knowledge (because it's what I do for a living) that the US and particularly the US tech sector does much, much better out of the agreement than Canadian companies do.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2014, 06:52:25 PM »
You've heard of a little document called NAFTA, I presume? Notwithstanding the fact that CGI employ tens of thousands of people in the US, trust me when I say with first hand knowledge (because it's what I do for a living) that the US and particularly the US tech sector does much, much better out of the agreement than Canadian companies do.

I never said it was illegal.

I said instead of spending BILLIONS of dollars in the American Economy, creating tens of thousands of American jobs. We decided to give Canada BILLIONS of dollars for their economy, while wasting billions of American dollars on a broken website.

And ill take your word for it that NAFTA does more for America than it does for Canada. But im not talking about NAFTA

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2014, 08:50:03 PM »

Do you even know how to read? THere are sixteen IT firms who are allowed to bid for these types of contracts, and CGI successfully bid to become one of those in 2007. Of those sixteen, four submitted bids for this particular contract, and CGI was awarded it.

I did not anywhere in anything I wrote today say anything complimentary about CGI or Obamacare- that's all your delusional parania and complete lack of ability to comprehend basic sentences.

Your no-bid contract claim was demonstrably proven false by the Post, and the claim they 'won' a single bid obamacare contract because someone who graduated in Michelle Obama's undergraduate class became one of the VPs is delusional right wing rhetoric, regardless of what you say your political orientation is.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2014, 09:42:40 PM »
Do you even know how to read? THere are sixteen IT firms who are allowed to bid for these types of contracts, and CGI successfully bid to become one of those in 2007. Of those sixteen, four submitted bids for this particular contract, and CGI was awarded it.

I did not anywhere in anything I wrote today say anything complimentary about CGI or Obamacare- that's all your delusional parania and complete lack of ability to comprehend basic sentences.

Your no-bid contract claim was demonstrably proven false by the Post, and the claim they 'won' a single bid obamacare contract because someone who graduated in Michelle Obama's undergraduate class became one of the VPs is delusional right wing rhetoric, regardless of what you say your political orientation is.

The post said
The Department of Health and Human Services reviewed only CGI’s bid for the Obamacare account

The House Committee on Energy and Commerce that four companies submitted bids, but did not name those companies or explain why only CGI’s bid was considered.

If that doesnt come off as a little funky to you, well then Pucks got a bridge to sell you.

Also apparently the Obasmas and her friend at CGI spent christmas together in 2010 (as well as posted pictures of it on facebook which are readily available on the internet)

So one would deduce that theyre probably more than just people who walked by each other in the halls

Im not really interested in conspiracy theories or any of that bullshit. But I dont think it takes a wild imagination to think that its not a coincidence that a college friend of hers, who spent christmas with them, and is VP of a major company, was the only company whose bid was reviewed.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2014, 09:49:27 PM »
The government bidding process is pretty dumb and inefficient anyway. Having sold to U.S government institutions it drove me absolutely crazy that they were legally bound to contact more than one provider when making a decision, and usually go with the cheaper option. That's probably what happened here. Of course when it comes to a national healthcare initiative like this, not hiring Accenture in the first place was a huge gamble. I guess the administration wanted to keep costs as low as possible and CGI promised them the world.

Though I don't agree with Obamacare, they really shouldn't be nickel and diming.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2014, 10:03:35 PM »
Also apparently the Obasmas and her friend at CGI spent christmas together in 2010 (as well as posted pictures of it on facebook which are readily available on the internet)

Thanks Obasma.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2014, 10:09:17 PM »
Thanks Obasma.

Well hes a secret Muslim, so I subliminally combined Obama and Osama

And before some crazy tree hugger goes crazy, im not being serious.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2014, 10:11:31 PM »
Thanks Obasma.

What I find funny about the "Thanks Obama" joke is that it's just that, a joke. During the Bush years people had no issue with blaming Bush for every little thing no matter how ridiculous.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2014, 10:14:33 PM »
Well hes a secret Muslim, so I subliminally combined Obama and Osama

And before some crazy tree hugger goes crazy, im not being serious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J47wTvlCoyo

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2014, 01:58:12 AM »
But I dont think it takes a wild imagination to think that its not a coincidence that a college friend of hers, who spent christmas with them, and is VP of a major company, was the only company whose bid was reviewed.

It takes a special level of 'listening to paranoid right wing media' to believe that CGI won a no-bid contract for the healthcare.gov rollout because Michelle decided to pressure government agencies into giving preferential treatment to her friends. None of that happened - you should focus your criticisms on what actually happens in the real world so you don't sound like a partisan nut-job.

And here's some light reading for you:
http://www.factcheck.org/2013/12/michelle-obama-and-cgi-federal/
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/whitley.asp
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 02:09:05 AM by ons »

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2014, 02:05:40 AM »
I never said it was illegal.

I said instead of spending BILLIONS of dollars in the American Economy, creating tens of thousands of American jobs. We decided to give Canada BILLIONS of dollars for their economy, while wasting billions of American dollars on a broken website.

And ill take your word for it that NAFTA does more for America than it does for Canada. But im not talking about NAFTA

Also, lol at "BILLIONS" - where do you get any of your information? All of CGI's many govn't contracts add up to significantly less than a single BILLION, and their IT headquarters are probably located within 50 miles of DC. Just so you know.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2014, 01:51:32 PM »
http://science.time.com/2014/01/09/can-time-predict-your-politics/

Time has a thing where it guesses how liberal/conservative you are.

Was fairly accurate with me, 37% conservative, 63% liberal.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2014, 01:54:51 PM »
Not bad, although I think it's a bit wrong for me. By US political standards it's probably correct though - 8% conservative, 92% liberal. In Canada and the UK I'm a bit more centrist.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: