Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645851 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #3030 on: January 04, 2018, 09:21:16 AM »
Has anyone ever told you to shut the freak up?

yes.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3031 on: January 04, 2018, 09:36:31 AM »
I never said it wasn't a big deal.  Maybe I worded this poorly but I'm talking about the hatred toward the individual.  Lots of people make bad decisions with big implications.  It's a whole different level to hate the dude.

Not really it's been his mandate from day one. I hate him and want to beat his smug derriere face to a bloody pulp. STFU
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #3032 on: January 04, 2018, 09:40:47 AM »
A former Verizon lawyer weaseled his way into a position to remove consumer protections from the internet. As JE said, it'll have wide-ranging implications, including but not limited to the suppression of free speech online, which is something anyone who is American should be outraged over.

And he did it with smug confidence. He actually had the gall to film a skit poking fun at the idea of being a long-game plant by the telcos. This was after ignoring the shitton of objections submitted to the FCC, and his administration using dead people to file comments in favor of what he was doing.

He is human filth, and worthy of hatred. There isn't a single redeeming quality to him.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3033 on: January 04, 2018, 11:05:38 AM »
Bo, sometimes the answer isn't somewhere in the middle.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3034 on: January 04, 2018, 11:35:28 AM »
https://apnews.com/19f6bfec15a74733b40eaf0ff9162bfa

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General Jeff Sessions is rescinding an Obama-era policy that paved the way for legalized marijuana to flourish in states across the country, creating new confusion about enforcement and use just three days after a new legalization law went into effect in California.

President Donald Trump’s top law enforcement official was to announce the change Thursday, people with knowledge of the decision told The Associated Press. Instead of the previous lenient-federal-enforcement policy, Sessions’ new stance will instead let federal prosecutors where marijuana is legal decide how aggressively to enforce longstanding federal law prohibiting it, the people said.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #3035 on: January 04, 2018, 12:58:15 PM »
Remember how I said I reserve the word hate? I hate Jeff Sessions too.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3036 on: January 05, 2018, 12:16:58 PM »
That coward Ajit Pai was supposed to do a town hall style sit down at the Consumer Electronics Show, but he abruptly canceled his appearance yesterday with no explanation. He's a straight-up piece of human filth. I reserve the word "hate" for very few things/people; I hate that guy.

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/4/16850956/fcc-chairman-ajit-pai-ces-death-threats

Funny, I can’t find this story on CNN
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #3037 on: January 05, 2018, 12:20:17 PM »
https://www.recode.net/2018/1/4/16850956/fcc-chairman-ajit-pai-ces-death-threats

Funny, I can’t find this story on CNN

I saw that last night. When I posted, it was still completely undisclosed as to why he was skipping it.

I can understand cowardly backing out because his life is being threatened. But maybe he shouldn't have been such a queynte in the first place?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3038 on: January 05, 2018, 01:45:03 PM »
I saw that last night. When I posted, it was still completely undisclosed as to why he was skipping it.

I can understand cowardly backing out because his life is being threatened. But maybe he shouldn't have been such a queynte in the first place?

Being a queynte is no excuse to threaten to kill someone.  And if someone threatened my life, I would certainly not feel any shame in "cowardly" backing out.  This is totally aside from agreeing or disagreeing with what he did.  I too think it is not the right thing to do, and I certainly wouldn't stop to help this dude change a flat tire, but death threats? 

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #3039 on: January 05, 2018, 02:03:08 PM »
Being a queynte is no excuse to threaten to kill someone.  And if someone threatened my life, I would certainly not feel any shame in "cowardly" backing out.  This is totally aside from agreeing or disagreeing with what he did.  I too think it is not the right thing to do, and I certainly wouldn't stop to help this dude change a flat tire, but death threats? 

This is where it gets complicated.

I don't condone death threats. The thing is, at some point, people are going to have to pay for their sins. Peaceful resistance only lasts so long before it becomes a violent revolution. What someone like Trump and the GOP did with the new tax law pisses people off, but they can hide behind their "ideology" as an excuse.

It's a lot harder for Pai to hide behind anything. There isn't anyone who isn't an internet service provider who is happy with what he did, so it's really not shocking that he's going to have made enemies. Once you have enemies, you risk them being irrational.

It is cowardly for him not to appear. It's not like security won't be high and every person/bag checked. I'm certain that this is a bullshit excuse because of the backlash he received when the announcement came. The original announcement was from another member of his administration, and she was very specific that it was due to "scheduling conflicts." He doesn't want to have to answer questions.

We're talking about a guy who had his administration literally use the identities of dead people to submit comments in favor of his plan. freak him.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #3040 on: January 05, 2018, 02:07:33 PM »
My problem with the death threats is that they aren't legitimate.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #3041 on: January 05, 2018, 06:27:12 PM »
On the plus side, club Sapphire is going to have 2 robotic strippers at CES.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #3042 on: January 05, 2018, 06:37:06 PM »
My problem with the death threats is that they aren't legitimate.

Hahaha, careful the snowflake bojanglesman might get upset and use harsh language.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #3043 on: January 05, 2018, 06:43:34 PM »
Hahaha, careful the snowflake bojanglesman might get upset and use harsh language.
Ha, dick.  We have a real group of killas up in here. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 06:48:05 PM by bojanglesman »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3044 on: January 08, 2018, 05:57:33 AM »
Apparently Oprah will be the next president of the United States after a rousing speech she had at the Golden globes
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tags: