Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645680 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2985 on: December 14, 2017, 05:20:20 PM »
I would expect a reckoning to come for pretty much all incumbent politicians, it won't matter what party. I am hoping the change will be drastic and severe. Then again this country is really stupid so who knows.
Trump was a drastic change.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2986 on: December 14, 2017, 05:25:54 PM »
Trump was a drastic change.

Not compared to whom he was running against. He ran against some of the all time worst candidates, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and the worst of all Hillary.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2987 on: December 14, 2017, 05:48:42 PM »
Not compared to whom he was running against. He ran against some of the all time worst candidates, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and the worst of all Hillary.

I could see Rubio get another shot later if he wants to try again.

The rest of them are unsalvageable though.

Cruz easily had the best policy knowledge out of the Republican field but he's just so unlikeable and a not insignificant portion of their base prides itself on being anti intellectual.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2988 on: December 14, 2017, 06:00:41 PM »
I could see Rubio get another shot later if he wants to try again.

The rest of them are unsalvageable though.

Cruz easily had the best policy knowledge out of the Republican field but he's just so unlikeable and a not insignificant portion of their base prides itself on being anti intellectual.

The Deomcrats are actually targeting Cruz in 2018 as a winnable seat.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2989 on: December 14, 2017, 09:33:56 PM »
Speaking of Little Marco, he's not being a complete piece of excrement with the tax bill.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/timing-of-tax-vote-next-week-is-up-in-the-air-1513279164

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2990 on: December 14, 2017, 09:39:27 PM »
Wait.  What the freak dude?  I get you hated Hillary, but worse than Ted Cruz?  The only bacteria worse than Ted Cruz is president.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2991 on: December 14, 2017, 09:43:00 PM »
Absoluetly anyone else not named Trump.
Hillary
Marco
Jeb
Ted
Trump

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2992 on: December 14, 2017, 10:27:43 PM »
You forgot Ben Carson.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #2993 on: December 14, 2017, 11:38:06 PM »
Wait.  What the freak dude?  I get you hated Hillary, but worse than Ted Cruz?  The only bacteria worse than Ted Cruz is president.

Yeah if he beat her, she was a worse candidate. You fail to realize the only people that liked Hillary were the ones that had a huge D tattooed to the inside of their anus. She was an unlikeable queynte, that ran one of the worst campaigns of all time. The Dems made their bed and now have to lie in it. She was straight up garbage that had a crown bestowed on her, not earned by any stretch.

You seem to think that saying the above somehow is me exonerating Trump, that isn't the case at all. I hate Trump with every fiber of my being. He's a disgusting vile slob of a human being. He is going down as perhaps the single worst President of all time. His policies, the ones other than reversing ever single Obama era policy are complete horseshit. He's making this country more of a joke every day he breaths air in DC.

I would hate the stupid hateful racist idiotic slob component of America that voted for him even more if not for the simple fact, he ran against a person that's just as bad if not worse, Hillary. So don't blame me, blame your party for putting forth that steaming pile of excrement against him. If any other viable candidate ran, Biden, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Sanders, Bloomberg (even though he's Jewish) etc. etc. then Trump would be an afterthought right now.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 11:40:14 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2994 on: December 15, 2017, 07:54:47 AM »

Hot take: Ted Cruz would be a worse president for me than Trump. Populism prevents Trump from doing certain things that Cruz would love to do, like gut my career.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2995 on: December 15, 2017, 10:05:47 AM »
Not to get into a useless argument, but it's ridiculous to say Hillary didn't deserve anything. She was an elected Senator and a Secretary of State. If you feel she stole the nomination, or that she had an unlikable personality, I'll accept those arguments. But saying she didn't deserve the opportunity is ridiculous.

Anyway, as for Republicans, I can't believe I'm going to actually write this, but I think the "savior" of the party is Mitt Romney. Never have I agreed with the guy, until this year. I still don't agree with his politics, but he at least acts like someone who would deserve respect, and that's what we need to get back to.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #2996 on: December 15, 2017, 10:25:19 AM »
Not to get into a useless argument, but it's ridiculous to say Hillary didn't deserve anything. She was an elected Senator and a Secretary of State. If you feel she stole the nomination, or that she had an unlikable personality, I'll accept those arguments. But saying she didn't deserve the opportunity is ridiculous.

freak you, the evidence she didn't deserve it was losing to Trump so eat my derriere.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2997 on: December 15, 2017, 04:59:32 PM »
freak you, the evidence she didn't deserve it was losing to Trump so eat my derriere.
How did you vomit so many words out while completely missing my point?  I took exception to you saying hillary was worse than ted.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #2998 on: December 15, 2017, 05:09:38 PM »
How did you vomit so many words out while completely missing my point?  I took exception to you saying hillary was worse than ted.

She sucked, she was worse than Cruz, Cruz was fringe and lost in the primaries, Hillary was a party nominee, and an all time bad one at that, so suck it.

When it comes to politics you're a typical one note bitch. Add some nuance to your,"if it comes from a Republican" it must be bad stance and maybe we won't have a moribund country.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:12:07 PM by Miamipuck »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2999 on: December 15, 2017, 05:10:45 PM »
Vote Puck 2020.  Make America Gay Again!

Tags: