Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645337 times)

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2955 on: December 11, 2017, 08:58:13 PM »
I can't imagine Moore wins. I think. How would you like to be the other guy that loses to him.

I don't think you understand how isolated Alabama is. I've been to Huntsville a few times, not a bad city but the drive there you're going through these incredibly poor towns. It's surreal, doesn't feel like you're in the US anymore.

UN investigated just how poor Alabama is....
Tom Brady kisses his kids like that kid from Glee who hung himself last week.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2956 on: December 11, 2017, 09:11:14 PM »
I don't think you understand how isolated Alabama is. I've been to Huntsville a few times, not a bad city but the drive there you're going through these incredibly poor towns. It's surreal, doesn't feel like you're in the US anymore.

UN investigated just how poor Alabama is....
Oh I know. Same goes for Arkansas and Mississippi. It's a different world.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2957 on: December 11, 2017, 10:17:44 PM »
I can't imagine Moore wins. I think. How would you like to be the other guy that loses to him.

Two keys to this election:

-How many low-key voters turn out for Moore? As in people who support him but are smart enough to not do it publicly. People like them are hold to poll for.

-Can Doug Jones attract enough previously disaffected voters to put him over the top? "I'm not Trump" was a losing strategy for Clinton, and I'm not sure Jones learned from that.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2958 on: December 11, 2017, 11:37:31 PM »
Two keys to this election:

-How many low-key voters turn out for Moore? As in people who support him but are smart enough to not do it publicly. People like them are hold to poll for.

-Can Doug Jones attract enough previously disaffected voters to put him over the top? "I'm not Trump" was a losing strategy for Clinton, and I'm not sure Jones learned from that.

Because Clinton was an unlikeable queynte. Any other candidate with a pulse would have won that election going away. Nope instead our country is becoming more and more of a joke filled with racist ideations and catering to the 1% off the backs of the working stiffs.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2959 on: December 12, 2017, 12:04:26 PM »
The Joint Committee on Taxation has determined that even after allowing for the claimed economic growth it will create, the tax bill will add an extra $1 trillion of debt.

The Republican response is hilarious. "Yeah but they're always really conservative on their growth estimates." $1 trillion would be one hell of a miscalculation.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2960 on: December 12, 2017, 12:30:15 PM »
The Joint Committee on Taxation has determined that even after allowing for the claimed economic growth it will create, the tax bill will add an extra $1 trillion of debt.

The Republican response is hilarious. "Yeah but they're always really conservative on their growth estimates." $1 trillion would be one hell of a miscalculation.

I think the truth is somewhere between.  I still don't think it will pass, but I'm guessing that the growth will be better than expected, but not what the Republicans expect. 

GDP has been above 3% this year so far, which is more than most expected.  How much of that is carryover from the previous administration's policies?  Who knows.  Of course Trump is going to take credit for anything remotely good that happens from here out, regardless of his involvement because he is an egomaniac.  Small gains in GDP growth can make a significant difference from everything I've read though. 

In the end, I think this tax bill will die an embarrassing death because some Senate Republicans will back out in the end.  If it does pass, it will ultimately do a little good, but mostly line the pockets of businesses and corporation.  By the time that has happened, people will have forgotten about it mostly. 

/non-expert babbling
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:32:35 PM by bojanglesman »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2961 on: December 12, 2017, 04:57:10 PM »

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2962 on: December 12, 2017, 06:08:52 PM »
Makes no sense JE

In true GOP authoritarian style, this jerkoff Merrill is going to declare a Moore victory 3 minutes after the polls close and before a single vote is even counted

Protecting his RWNJ party just in case his concerted effort to block actual voting fails

ASAP after his annoucement, all voting records will be destroyed

Welcome to the GOP Fourth Reich

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2963 on: December 12, 2017, 09:07:51 PM »
Alabama election is really close. Looks like Jones will squeak it out. The margin will probably be less than the write in vote.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:10:30 PM by bojanglesman »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2964 on: December 12, 2017, 09:15:00 PM »
Moore has the lead, but almost all the remaining votes are in Democratic-leaning counties.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2965 on: December 12, 2017, 09:21:19 PM »
Jones is going to win. Very little Republican territory left and Jones is in the lead.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2966 on: December 12, 2017, 09:23:22 PM »
It's over.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #2967 on: December 12, 2017, 11:21:00 PM »
I can not believe this was even close, it's sickening even in a win, frightening really.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2968 on: December 12, 2017, 11:59:19 PM »
I can not believe this was even close, it's sickening even in a win, frightening really.
I hate it when Puck is the voice of reason.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #2969 on: December 13, 2017, 12:05:43 AM »
I hate it when Puck is the voice of reason.

Sometimes, rarely but sometimes, I cease to be an internet persona and give my real opinion on things.

Tags: