Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644723 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2940 on: December 04, 2017, 10:14:37 AM »
The tax bill is a wonderful Christmas gift to the rich. It's also opposed by something like 80% of the American public. They don't give a excrement. Gerrymandering, coupled with "No libtards are gonna take muh guns, let baby murderers thrive, or tax me without rep-zentation" is going to keep them in power to keep feeding their billionaire buddies lining their pockets.

It's being reported that literally thousands of DC lobbyists worked on this tax bill. Anyone recall voting for a lobbyist to represent you in Congress?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2941 on: December 04, 2017, 11:35:19 AM »
Corporate profits are at record levels and have been for a few years. If they want to reinvest and grow there's nothing stopping them doing that already.
Well, the promise of a tax cut and immediate write-offs for purchases will surely make them sit on the sidelines until it happens.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2942 on: December 05, 2017, 12:59:15 AM »
Well, the promise of a tax cut and immediate write-offs for purchases will surely make them sit on the sidelines until it happens.

They had no reason to expect a cut until last November.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2943 on: December 05, 2017, 08:12:12 AM »
They had no reason to expect a cut until last November.

That's the time period I'm talking about. Before that, I'm sure they were doing whatever benefits their bottom line the best.  According to these conservative analysts, the goal of the reform is to entice businesses to spend money by taxing them less (so they keep more $- not necessarily a huge issue overall prior to this as JE said)and allow immediate expensing to encourage businesses to buy the equipment/whatever they need now.  There's also the lowered tax on repatriating money, which is again more money for businesses- opinions differ on whether that will ultimately help or not.

The real question is not whether this will bring money back into the country and back to businesses, it's whether doing that will ultimately help increase paychecks and good jobs for people in the US.  We'll see I guess.  I'm not enough of an economist to know.  I don't think the personal tax reform does a lot to help most people, but it isn't final, so we'll see.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2944 on: December 05, 2017, 03:31:34 PM »
It won't change anything.  It's all smoke and mirrors.

There is still zero incentive to repatriate money, raise wages, or create more jobs domestically.

I like your luke warm optimism, but you will ultimately be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2947 on: December 09, 2017, 01:18:47 PM »
Can we make a deal to at least caption links?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2948 on: December 09, 2017, 03:40:10 PM »
Can we make a deal to at least caption links?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2949 on: December 09, 2017, 04:17:20 PM »

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2950 on: December 09, 2017, 11:34:13 PM »
https://www.theroot.com/a-racist-flyer-might-cost-doug-jones-the-election-becau-1821065764

Ugh, freak the DNC for being utter trash. And freak Alabama for being the worst freaking state in this country.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2951 on: December 10, 2017, 02:07:19 AM »
I still can't help but LMAO that people will knowingly vote for a pedophile.

Give Harvey Weinstein a gun and a bible and he might be a Senator from Alabama. Actually scratch that he couldn't, he's Jewish.

Not to cast dispersion on anyone but that state is a blight on this country's poopchute. A bunch of backwards derriere fucktards. I hate people.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2952 on: December 10, 2017, 02:53:13 AM »
Ugh, freak the DNC for being utter trash. And freak Alabama for being the worst freaking state in this country.
If that swings votes to pedophile Judge Bull Conner and the party of son of KKK member Rump, then Alybamy should officially be nicknamed "The MORON State"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2953 on: December 11, 2017, 08:14:34 PM »
Alabama social election is tomorrow.

They interviewed some Moore supporter outside a rally or something and she said "They're making up these lies because they're scared of him coming to Washington to drain the swamp." and I'm just dumbfounded at how strong the freaking delusion is. And this wasn't some creature who crawled out of a trailer park, it was a woman who looked reasonably put together, probably has a decent career and owns a house. Wtf.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2954 on: December 11, 2017, 08:46:09 PM »
I can't imagine Moore wins. I think. How would you like to be the other guy that loses to him.

Tags: