Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644670 times)

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2850 on: November 13, 2017, 10:47:35 AM »
We are not talking about polar opposites.  Not wanting to kill blacks and jews seems like a pretty moderate stance to me.  But universal health care and everyone paying their part in taxes seems moderate to me too, so I could just be crazy.

What are we even talking about? My post was about those idiot groups protesting in Berkeley to deny free speech to those they disagreed with and who they believed to be racists or nazis. I'd happily wave a flag of Stalin and march with those Antifa faggots if it's against the Nazis or white supremacists, but just because they were against obvious Nazis doesn't mean everything they do is righteous. You're allowed to criticize them AND hate nazis, but you're making it seem like being anti-Antifa is pro-nazi.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2851 on: November 13, 2017, 07:12:01 PM »
And you're proving that you're just as transparent as Fox News and just as much of a lapdog but with a polar opposite viewpoint.

I'm glad we're holding Fox News and a random shitposter to the same standard.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2852 on: November 13, 2017, 07:44:12 PM »
I'm glad we're holding Fox News and a random shitposter to the same standard.

Who do you think writes Fox News material and controls their format: their viewers. MSNBC doesn't push their collective agenda on the people. They didn't create the far left, it's the other way around. Fox News itself is the same in that their sole agenda is to pander to their viewer demographics and perpetuate their collective opinions. Republican shills and ultra conservatives.

The vast majority of the public don't watch that excrement and they sure as hell don't get their news from them. They have their own sources. Most are stuck speaking to people who share their views and read blogs/listen to podcasts that give them the same reaction: that they're right and the other side is wrong. They're part of a way of thinking, or a member of a team, and that team wants to discredit their rivals.

I ridicule the far left morons like Antifa and SJWs because I get enjoyment out of it just like you guys and those on the other side. Hearing opinions that fit yours entrenches those beliefs even more and further discourages you from engaging in dialogue with the other side since their beliefs are also being entrenched, which makes honest debate increasingly difficult.

The far left and far right are already hopeless, just as we've seen with the Berkeley protests, the SJWs in their incubated college campuses where their views are being reinforced on a daily basis. Far right whose views do the same by watching Fox News and telling them what to broadcast. It's the majority of us, the ones in the middle, who I'm  concerned about. Increasingly being pulled in either direction until we truly get to a point where we're so polarized that we stop talking. And we all know what comes next when that happens, history repeats itself and I fear that we're already in the middle of it and we don't realize it yet.

I'm not under the delusion that because I see what's going on that I'm immune to falling into this like so many others. I've seen it with you as you've noticeably have been pulled quite a bit to the left while always being in the middle, and some can say that I'm moving more into the right. Before we know it this thread will become a graveyard because debate will no longer be possible.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2853 on: November 13, 2017, 08:08:09 PM »
So basically you've bundled together a bunch of things you don't like and decided they are the far left.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2854 on: November 13, 2017, 10:23:40 PM »
So basically you've bundled together a bunch of things you don't like and decided they are the far left.

I'm not calling people who disagree with me far left, I'm calling those who rush to accuse anyone who disagree with them as a nazi as the Far Left. That's far worse than me accusing someone of being Far Left, but those morons marching definitely fit that label, so I don't know what the issue is. If you consider the Berkeley riots perfectly normal behavior by a group of people who simply disagree with conservatives, then you're so far removed from reality that it's pointless going any further than this with you.

It is what it is.
"Wrong!"

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2855 on: November 14, 2017, 05:39:05 AM »
Tommy

The virtuous beacon of the moderate middle ground in American politics

Defending the "tenants" of democracy!

LOL

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2856 on: November 14, 2017, 09:28:26 AM »
I'm not calling people who disagree with me far left, I'm calling those who rush to accuse anyone who disagree with them as a nazi as the Far Left. That's far worse than me accusing someone of being Far Left, but those morons marching definitely fit that label, so I don't know what the issue is. If you consider the Berkeley riots perfectly normal behavior by a group of people who simply disagree with conservatives, then you're so far removed from reality that it's pointless going any further than this with you.

It is what it is.
The problem Tommy is that there is no polar opposite to the far right.  There just isn't.  Being an idiot and calling someone a nazi because you disagree with them is not the same as actually being a freaking nazi or white supremacist.  That's where your argument falls flat.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2857 on: November 14, 2017, 11:22:33 AM »
I think Tommy's right, at least about the country migrating into polar opposite directions. True discourse is becoming increasingly rare. Both sides are an echo chamber, and neither wants to listen to the other anymore. The middle ground is quickly disappearing.

That said, I can't see any reasonable defense for the "alt right." And no, I won't entertain their "right" to "free speech." All rights have a limit, and hate speech goes beyond the first amendment's.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2858 on: November 14, 2017, 01:07:29 PM »
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/opinion/juanita-broaddrick-bill-clinton.html

Guess we’re done pretending this never happened cuz 2017
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2859 on: November 14, 2017, 01:25:34 PM »
Of the remaining unaccused ex-presidents, who is most likely to have grazed a little side boob back in the eighties?

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2860 on: November 14, 2017, 01:30:36 PM »
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/opinion/juanita-broaddrick-bill-clinton.html

Guess we’re done pretending this never happened cuz 2017
When did right wing hack Michelle Malkin get married to right wing hack Jonah Goldberg?

Seriously Bill Clinton finished his successful Presidency 17 years ago. Since then we have had a sex scandal free 8 years with Bush and 8 more with Obama.

Now with the King of Sleeze in the WH sex scandals are dropping out of the sky daily. Sad that the Whataboutism right wingers have to go dredging all the way back to the last century to try and deflect from the ethical problems the Orange dildo, O'Reilly, Ailes, Moore and the rest of the GOP cockroaches have caused our nation recently

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2861 on: November 14, 2017, 01:33:47 PM »
When did right wing hack Michelle Malkin get married to right wing hack Jonah Goldberg?

Seriously Bill Clinton finished his successful Presidency 17 years ago. Since then we have had a sex scandal free 8 years with Bush and 8 more with Obama.

Now with the King of Sleeze in the WH sex scandals are dropping out of the sky daily. Sad that the Whataboutism right wingers have to go dredging all the way back to the last century to try and deflect from the ethical problems the Orange dildo, O'Reilly, Ailes, Moore and the rest of the GOP cockroaches have caused our nation recently

Right, Trump made all of those people in Hollywood rape women and kids 25+ years ago. Got it.

The point is these claims of rape and sexual abuse have largely been ignored or swept under the rug as long as I can remember. How are they less valid than the accusations currently flooding out of Hollywood?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 01:36:41 PM by SixFeetDeep »

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2862 on: November 14, 2017, 01:47:10 PM »
Wait. I thought this thread was about US politics.  I think there's another one about Hollywood groping where you can discuss Hollywood groping

Meanwhile the only relevant US Politics groping topic now is Judge Roy Cosby and the 14, 16 and two or three other teenagers and you What Abouted up Juanita Broderick to desperately defend his acts.

Was she 14 by the way?  Doesn't look like it in that article

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2863 on: November 14, 2017, 01:49:46 PM »
Wait. I thought this thread was about US politics.  I think there's another one about Hollywood groping where you can discuss Hollywood groping

Meanwhile the only relevant US Politics groping topic now is Judge Roy Cosby and the 14, 16 and two or three other teenagers and you What Abouted up Juanita Broderick to desperately defend his acts.

You tell that poopchute, SFD, show him who is boss.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2864 on: November 14, 2017, 02:11:36 PM »

I’m not defending anyone. I didn’t write the NYT article either. Put these posts in whatever rape thread you want. If you don’t think Bill Clinton should face consequence just like everyone else who committed sexual assault I don’t know what to tell you.

With that last comment it sounds like you’re insinuating rape is ok as long as the female is of age.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:13:09 PM by SixFeetDeep »

Tags: