Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644701 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2790 on: November 07, 2017, 08:17:44 AM »
No on 1
Yes on 2
Yes on 3

FYI All, This is the combo that gets Trump impeached
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2791 on: November 07, 2017, 08:51:40 AM »
FYI All, This is the combo that gets Trump impeached
No, that's up up down down left right left right B A.

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2792 on: November 07, 2017, 01:26:26 PM »
No on 1
Yes on 2
Yes on 3
I think that is how I voted, tho I might have gone No on 3

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2793 on: November 07, 2017, 01:40:39 PM »
Forgive my foreigner ignorance, but what is a Constitution Convention and why would you not want one?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2794 on: November 07, 2017, 01:45:27 PM »
Forgive my foreigner ignorance, but what is a Constitution Convention and why would you not want one?
This one is more or less an attempt by the Governor to do a Scott Walker revocation of public employee pensions negotiated over the years in collective bargaining between the two parties.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2795 on: November 07, 2017, 02:03:39 PM »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2796 on: November 07, 2017, 02:10:46 PM »

"Clap your hands everybody, everybody clap your hands.  We're lambda lambda lambda and, omega mu...we're all here, to put on a show for you. We got Poindexter on the violin, and Gilbert/Louis will be joining in...."
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2797 on: November 07, 2017, 02:13:59 PM »

It would be a gathering of representatives who would then be tasked with rewriting the state constitution of New York. I think I read that the last time something like this happened was 1957.

It's being opposed by groups from both sides of the aisle because it would leave a wide open hole for special interest groups to have a big hand in the redesign of the state constitution. Obviously, neither side wants that influence coming from the opposite side.

I'm against it because I'd rather stick with the evil I know. Sure, there are special interests in Albany, but they can only affect small change at any given time. With the ability to help reshape the entire state constitution, I worry what that would result in.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2798 on: November 07, 2017, 02:22:58 PM »
"Clap your hands everybody, everybody clap your hands.  We're lambda lambda lambda and, omega mu...we're all here, to put on a show for you. We got Poindexter on the violin, and Gilbert/Louis will be joining in...."
No on 15!!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2799 on: November 07, 2017, 03:11:03 PM »
It would be a gathering of representatives who would then be tasked with rewriting the state constitution of New York. I think I read that the last time something like this happened was 1957.

It's being opposed by groups from both sides of the aisle because it would leave a wide open hole for special interest groups to have a big hand in the redesign of the state constitution. Obviously, neither side wants that influence coming from the opposite side.

I'm against it because I'd rather stick with the evil I know. Sure, there are special interests in Albany, but they can only affect small change at any given time. With the ability to help reshape the entire state constitution, I worry what that would result in.

Gotcha, thanks.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2800 on: November 07, 2017, 04:09:58 PM »

Basically this.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2801 on: November 07, 2017, 04:11:15 PM »
I think that is how I voted, tho I might have gone No on 3

3 isn't hugely consequential but I have some ties in the Adirondacks that make it seem like a decent proposal. I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't pass.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2802 on: November 07, 2017, 06:52:45 PM »

Thank you, taxes are high enough can you imagine if they raided pensions and had to pay it back? We will be fucked. Anyway I don't have a pension but see the danger.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2803 on: November 07, 2017, 09:26:38 PM »
Update

Democrat Phil Murphy wins NJ Gov race to replace Fat boy Christie

Democrat Ralph Northram wins VA Gov race over Trump diehard Ed Gillespie

VA Legislature will probably flip blue

Trump response to the voters rebuking him and his nominees.

Tweeted from Korea

"Not my fault at all. Gillespie lost because he didn't embrace me and my positions"

Tillerson was more than right about Trump being "a FU*KING MORON

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2804 on: November 08, 2017, 07:10:05 AM »
And here in New York State

Prop 1 for a Convention to "Scott Walker" pensions agreed to thru collective bargaining was apparently only supported by 4 voters, the 3 Koch Bros  and dcm since it got clobbered in every county in the State..downstate, upstate, city, suburbs, rural ALL

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 07:25:33 AM by sg3 »

Tags: