Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645364 times)

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2760 on: November 02, 2017, 10:19:59 PM »
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774
Beginning to think dcm and Sarah Huckabuck both think Hillary Clinton is the POTUS

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #2761 on: November 03, 2017, 12:55:52 AM »
That reads very much like a piece of complete fiction. She's basically blaming every single person but herself; I'm not for a moment pretending that Clinton, Wasserman-Schulz or anyone else have clean hands, but this isn't a very credible smoking gun.

It's honestly not far from what I'd suspect to be true.  My biggest issue is Brazile trying to distance herself from a situation in which she was likely more complicit than she admits.

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2762 on: November 03, 2017, 05:54:09 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how much of this is true.  Sucks for Bernie.  I do wonder why she's bringing this out now.  Seems that it's part of her book release and would certainly help with sales.  I just wonder why she's airing this out at all.  Maybe she knows it will eventually come out and was trying to get ahead of it and paint herself in a good light. 

I agree with JE that Donna Brazile probably isn't the angel she pretends to be.  I don't think this is pure fiction though.  Just my opinion but I bet it's mostly the truth.  She sure is going to look horrible if it is made up. 

She's doing it because a solid 25% of the country will eat up anything that says the DNC is more evil than the racists they vote for. NY times bestseller list here she comes!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2763 on: November 03, 2017, 07:25:34 AM »
She's doing it because a solid 25% of the country will eat up anything that says the DNC is more evil than the racists they vote for. NY times bestseller list here she comes!

Dear lord that excerpt was enough to make the determination that I would rather read the entire instruction manual for a new car.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2764 on: November 03, 2017, 08:41:31 AM »
It's honestly not far from what I'd suspect to be true.  My biggest issue is Brazile trying to distance herself from a situation in which she was likely more complicit than she admits.
She definitely was more aware than she lets on. I'm not giving her a pass but her story validates what many suspected about the DNC.

I should have just posted the relevant excerpts because everyone seems to be getting hung up on how much DB sucks and not the real story.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2765 on: November 03, 2017, 09:28:57 AM »
FWIW, someone on Twitter challenged her to provide actual evidence because supposedly the evidence she's quoting is actually from 2012.

Bigger than this story though is that the DNC is a complete shitshow and if they don't get it figured out soon, the GOP is going to have a stranglehold on every branch of every level of this country.

Like them or loathe them, the GOP is far better at running cohesively than the Dems.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2766 on: November 03, 2017, 09:51:59 AM »
House tax plan is out.  While I know this isn't the final product, they are likely going to be increasing taxes on an unexpected group:  Middle class families with 2 or more kids that itemize (i.e. have a mortgage).  The killer for these people is the elimination of personal exemptions.  That more than offsets any increase in standard deduction or child tax credits. 

While I'm sure the GOP doesn't care about tax increases in blue states, I don't think it's a good idea to have a tax increase to fairly typical families in the middle class when that is what you are claiming to be helping. 

It's early, so maybe I'm missing something, but the elimination of personal exemptions is getting little attention compared to all the flashy changes.

Hopefully there will be some blowback from people with kids and mortgages seeing that it's not exactly a small population of people.  I can't imagine they don't tweak something to make up for this gap.  It's probably going to get changed quite a bit, if it even passes at all.

EDIT:  I think I underestimated the offsetting effect of the lower tax bracket rates.  We'll see.  My bet is it doesn't pass anyway.
But, you can do your taxes on a post card personally kissed by Donald Trump.

That must be a gif by now.  How can I not find it?

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2767 on: November 03, 2017, 11:54:52 AM »
FWIW, someone on Twitter challenged her to provide actual evidence because supposedly the evidence she's quoting is actually from 2012.

Bigger than this story though is that the DNC is a complete shitshow and if they don't get it figured out soon, the GOP is going to have a stranglehold on every branch of every level of this country.

Like them or loathe them, the GOP is far better at running cohesively than the Dems.

The only elections the DNC will be winning will be purely because of how terrible Trump is. They could do nothing and everything would probably go better for them than whatever they actually do next year.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2768 on: November 03, 2017, 02:14:24 PM »
The only elections the DNC will be winning will be purely because of how terrible Trump is. They could do nothing and everything would probably go better for them than whatever they actually do next year.

I think that's symptomatic of the problem. Conservatives turn out in large numbers to support their own belief structures. Liberals just stay home.

What makes the GOP successful is that they understand their constituencies' beliefs and they cater to them. The Democrats don't seem to understand that their constituents have a huge spectrum of beliefs and that many of them conflict. So the Democrats rely on saying "You need to vote so that the other guy doesn't win!" So disillusioned Dems stay home because no one is "looking out for them anyway."

As a party, the Democrats are spineless and refuse to take a stand on anything. Campaigning on "We're not Trump" is going to lose them the midterms. They need new leadership immediately. Young leadership, at that. They need to stand for things that will make millennials get up early or stop on the way home from work to cast their vote. Right now, they don't have that. Just watch how many Republicans win their races on Tuesday.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2769 on: November 03, 2017, 05:04:06 PM »
I think that's symptomatic of the problem. Conservatives turn out in large numbers to support their own belief structures. Liberals just stay home.

If they supported a conservative belief structure they would have nominated an actual conservative. They just do better showing up for the guy with the (R).

What makes the GOP successful is that they understand their constituencies' beliefs and they pander to them.

Slightly FTFY

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2770 on: November 04, 2017, 06:10:54 PM »
Rand Paul assaulted at his home in Kentucky, suffers minor injury.

George Soros strikes again.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2771 on: November 05, 2017, 12:16:55 PM »

What makes the GOP successful is that they understand their constituencies' beliefs and they cater to them. The Democrats don't seem to understand that their constituents have a huge spectrum of beliefs and that many of them conflict. So the Democrats rely on saying "You need to vote so that the other guy doesn't win!" So disillusioned Dems stay home because no one is "looking out for them anyway."

As a party, the Democrats are spineless and refuse to take a stand on anything. Campaigning on "We're not Trump" is going to lose them the midterms. They need new leadership immediately. Young leadership, at that. They need to stand for things that will make millennials get up early or stop on the way home from work to cast their vote. Right now, they don't have that. Just watch how many Republicans win their races on Tuesday.
I disagree to a point.  The Dems are pretty solid when it comes to womens rights and gun control.

They need to stop talking about both.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2772 on: November 06, 2017, 07:25:52 PM »
Big unions in New York are spending mega money to defeat this constitutional convention. The thoughts of losing their billions in guaranteed pension money they're stealing from the tax payer is just too much

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2773 on: November 06, 2017, 07:49:21 PM »
Big unions in New York are spending mega money to defeat this constitutional convention. The thoughts of losing their billions in guaranteed pension money they're stealing from the tax payer is just too much

You are without a shadow of doubt he dumbest poster here, every time you post you make us dumber.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2774 on: November 06, 2017, 07:51:44 PM »
You are without a shadow of doubt he dumbest poster here, every time you post you make us dumber.

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2017/11/03/public-employee-unions-make-last-ditch-push-to-kill-constitutional-convention/amp/

You should try posting things that require more thought than sg3

Tags: