Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645331 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2745 on: October 30, 2017, 06:21:41 PM »
The panic attack could very well be real, and I've no idea why the poster decided to put PTSD in the title. Panic attacks can happen to anyone at any time for any reason, especially when that person is under a lot of stress.

What I do have an issue with is people trying to use their position to claim that the law should somehow apply differently to them, and dropping names in order to wriggle out from beneath its consequences. That alone should render them unfit for the office they hold, be they other cops or elected officials, regardless of their political alignments.

Because she said “I have PTSD”
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2746 on: October 30, 2017, 07:06:33 PM »
Because she said “I have PTSD”

I missed that but then I quickly tuned out her shrieking. Still, maybe she does - I have no idea what she's gone through in her life. I'm not going to criticise someone for having a panic attack.

Neither PTSD nor a panic attack is an excuse for using the "do you know who I am and who I know?" defense, which I find far more offensive.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2747 on: November 02, 2017, 06:37:52 AM »
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

Donna Brazile airing dirty laundry from the DNC. Odd since she's considered a Clinton loyalist.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2748 on: November 02, 2017, 07:31:25 AM »
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

Donna Brazile airing dirty laundry from the DNC. Odd since she's considered a Clinton loyalist.
That reads very much like a piece of complete fiction. She's basically blaming every single person but herself; I'm not for a moment pretending that Clinton, Wasserman-Schulz or anyone else have clean hands, but this isn't a very credible smoking gun.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2749 on: November 02, 2017, 07:59:41 AM »

It'll be interesting to see how much of this is true.  Sucks for Bernie.  I do wonder why she's bringing this out now.  Seems that it's part of her book release and would certainly help with sales.  I just wonder why she's airing this out at all.  Maybe she knows it will eventually come out and was trying to get ahead of it and paint herself in a good light. 

I agree with JE that Donna Brazile probably isn't the angel she pretends to be.  I don't think this is pure fiction though.  Just my opinion but I bet it's mostly the truth.  She sure is going to look horrible if it is made up. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2750 on: November 02, 2017, 08:25:41 AM »
What a sham, how is any of that even possible?

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2751 on: November 02, 2017, 08:55:23 AM »
I wasted five minutes reading that self serving drivel. That woman sounds so full of excrement, it's coming out of her eyeballs. It reads like a total fabrication. She tries way too hard to make herself look honest. Lol it's always people like that, that are lying through their teeth. Always......
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2752 on: November 02, 2017, 09:17:30 AM »
That reads very much like a piece of complete fiction. She's basically blaming every single person but herself; I'm not for a moment pretending that Clinton, Wasserman-Schulz or anyone else have clean hands, but this isn't a very credible smoking gun.

It does read like "Everyone but Bernie and me suck!" And she even kind of threw Bernie under the bus at the end.

However much truth is in her story, the part that bothers me the most is not the corruption, but the sheer waste of money within the DNC. This is exactly how racists get to take control of the country. The alternative is a bunch of headless chickens running around setting piles of cash on fire.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2753 on: November 02, 2017, 09:26:29 AM »
It does read like "Everyone but Bernie and me suck!" And she even kind of threw Bernie under the bus at the end.

However much truth is in her story, the part that bothers me the most is not the corruption, but the sheer waste of money within the DNC. This is exactly how racists get to take control of the country. The alternative is a bunch of headless chickens running around setting piles of cash on fire.

South Park: Douchebag vs. Turd Sandwich
2017: Headless chickens running around setting piles of cash on fire vs. racists

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2754 on: November 02, 2017, 09:37:56 AM »
I do agree that Donna Brazile is really embellishing her role in the story.  The question is whether the rest of it aside from her is true.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2755 on: November 02, 2017, 11:45:07 AM »
House tax plan is out.  While I know this isn't the final product, they are likely going to be increasing taxes on an unexpected group:  Middle class families with 2 or more kids that itemize (i.e. have a mortgage).  The killer for these people is the elimination of personal exemptions.  That more than offsets any increase in standard deduction or child tax credits. 

While I'm sure the GOP doesn't care about tax increases in blue states, I don't think it's a good idea to have a tax increase to fairly typical families in the middle class when that is what you are claiming to be helping. 

It's early, so maybe I'm missing something, but the elimination of personal exemptions is getting little attention compared to all the flashy changes.

Hopefully there will be some blowback from people with kids and mortgages seeing that it's not exactly a small population of people.  I can't imagine they don't tweak something to make up for this gap.  It's probably going to get changed quite a bit, if it even passes at all.

EDIT:  I think I underestimated the offsetting effect of the lower tax bracket rates.  We'll see.  My bet is it doesn't pass anyway.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 02:31:00 PM by bojanglesman »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2756 on: November 02, 2017, 03:55:07 PM »
House tax plan is out.  While I know this isn't the final product, they are likely going to be increasing taxes on an unexpected group:  Middle class families with 2 or more kids that itemize (i.e. have a mortgage).  The killer for these people is the elimination of personal exemptions.  That more than offsets any increase in standard deduction or child tax credits. 

While I'm sure the GOP doesn't care about tax increases in blue states, I don't think it's a good idea to have a tax increase to fairly typical families in the middle class when that is what you are claiming to be helping. 

It's early, so maybe I'm missing something, but the elimination of personal exemptions is getting little attention compared to all the flashy changes.

Hopefully there will be some blowback from people with kids and mortgages seeing that it's not exactly a small population of people.  I can't imagine they don't tweak something to make up for this gap.  It's probably going to get changed quite a bit, if it even passes at all.

EDIT:  I think I underestimated the offsetting effect of the lower tax bracket rates.  We'll see.  My bet is it doesn't pass anyway.
It's a test to see how badly people will shoot themselves in the dick if they're told it'll pee off liberals.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

Tags: