Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645422 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »
I didn't say anything about nationalising healthcare (although that point could be argued as well), I said you nationalise the insurance.

Anyway, it's Saturday night. Joyous though I find these conversations, I'm going out for fancy food and expensive wine.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2013, 08:23:40 PM »
I'm not really interested in getting involved in this argument, largely because I don't have the knowledge to do so, but I'd just like to put my thanks to dcm on record for the new signature.
hahahafuckingha. never change that.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2013, 10:03:47 PM »
Yeah im the stupid one.

I don't even know why I read anything past this sentence, it sums up most of the entire thread so adequately.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2013, 12:50:54 AM »
I don't even know why I read anything past this sentence, it sums up most of the entire thread so adequately.

After JE jumped on the other quote, I almost took this one.  Priceless.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2014, 12:49:11 AM »
This is sort of politically related..

Deadspin did a little piece on "things that should die(i.e. need to go away) in 2014". Tom Ley, who is one of their funnier writers, posted that Trick Shot Titus(I had to google it) should go away because his dad touts him around like honeyboo with a jumpshot . The kid is 2 years old.  Well, the dad apparently is a right wing nut radio show host in freaking Missouri or some excrement and they got into a bit of a twitter spat. 

Tom Ley made him look stupid(by retweeting a lot of his bigoted/jesusy old tweets consecutively) and I never heard of the other guy, so I responded to one of their interactions and asked if he got the show parading around his kid like a prize show dog. The guy responded and then all of a sudden I get this flurry of "YOU LIBERAL RETARD!" like tweets from packs of right wing psychopaths that follow him.  Which is pretty hilarious considering they managed to make that assumption from a single tweet, and the fact i've never actually voted democrat in my life.

Keep in mind this guy only has like 500 followers...I've had retweets and back and forth debates with major sports writers/personalities, rappers, even spike lee and my twitter never blew up like this.

Anyways, these people are freaking TERRIFYING...It's not like I've ever lived in an area where i've had to interact with them on any real basis and I've never actually paid attention to these people or the Rush Limbaugh/Glen Beck's of the world. But when you actually are reminded these people exist  and are not just some hilarious caricatures,the world becomes a frightening place. Even the libiest of libs could never be remotely this scary
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:52:54 AM by JFIF »

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2014, 12:58:48 AM »
oh, apparently my tweet to him along with other deadspin reader went up on something called Twitchy..which is run also run by a bunch of right wing nutbags judging by their staff.  Which is why i got all the responses

http://twitchy.com/about/

I have no idea who Michelle Malkin is, but i guess she's kind of famous and that's her site. Funny thing is it claims to be a twitter aggregator but it's actually is a political vehicle.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 01:01:57 AM by JFIF »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2014, 04:37:10 AM »
No idea what that is, but I know Malkin used to always end up on like OReilly and stuff back in the day.

She's pretty hot from what I remember, but she also is in the same category as like Ann Coulter and stuff so yeah

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2014, 04:42:25 AM »
oh, apparently my tweet to him along with other deadspin reader went up on something called Twitchy..which is run also run by a bunch of right wing nutbags judging by their staff.  Which is why i got all the responses

http://twitchy.com/about/

I have no idea who Michelle Malkin is, but i guess she's kind of famous and that's her site. Funny thing is it claims to be a twitter aggregator but it's actually is a political vehicle.

The site just highlights a lot of the hypocrisy amongst self-righteous liberals. There are similar ones targeting the Right, but most of the targets are the weird Christian conservatives.
"Wrong!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2014, 05:51:47 AM »
Btw this law sucks: U.S. Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/15/news/banks-americans-lockout/
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2014, 03:31:10 PM »
The site just highlights a lot of the hypocrisy amongst self-righteous liberals. There are similar ones targeting the Right, but most of the targets are the weird Christian conservatives.

Self-righteous liberals?

I don't even know where to start man.  That's like a beige pot calling the other pot black.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2014, 05:15:14 PM »

Uh...

They took a joking deadspin article and turned into "DEADSPIN HATES BABIES".

You're too smart to be this dumb

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2014, 05:19:21 PM »
No idea what that is, but I know Malkin used to always end up on like OReilly and stuff back in the day.

She's pretty hot from what I remember, but she also is in the same category as like Ann Coulter and stuff so yeah

Apparently she proudly calls herself the Asian Uncle Tom.

She wrote a book defending Japanese internment and said we should do the same to middle easterners.

Sounds like a woman who desperately wanted to be white growing up so she's overcompensating now.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2014, 05:27:42 PM »
Uh...

They took a joking deadspin article and turned into "DEADSPIN HATES BABIES".

You're too smart to be this dumb

Okay, I usually ignore all the crazy stuff. I'll admit that I didn't read any of your posts and only saw you mention Twichy.

Anyway, I used to follow and read Malkin during the Bush years when being conservative meant schooling liberals complaining ad naseum about every little thing Bush did. Now it's the people like Malkin who have decided to go batshit crazy and complain about every little thing.

The last 3 terms I went from a left leaning republican to a far right war hawk, and settled on a more libertarian ideology. I may end up giving up following politics altogether because it's just a bunch of emotional seasawing.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2014, 03:50:24 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-administration-to-end-contract-with-cgi-federal-company-behind-healthcaregov/2014/01/10/001eb05a-719e-11e3-8b3f-b1666705ca3b_story.html

What a shame.

It was nice having the healthcare of an entire country being handled by Michelle Obamas college friend on a no bid contract.

Because whats America without cronyism

Tags: