Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644558 times)

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2580 on: July 20, 2017, 03:07:07 PM »
I have a hard time imagining anything passing with this Congress.  Any law.  I swear, they could have a vote on whether oxygen was good for people and it wouldn't pass.  Everyone is salty.
Rand Paul despises Trump.  Graham is starting to let his hatred show.  Rubio is likely the next to distance himself.  Cruz seems to be the only one willing to go down with the Titanic.

With McCain, who was already right there with Graham, out for a bit, nothing major is getting passed in 2017.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2581 on: July 20, 2017, 03:11:24 PM »

I'm not talking about repeal but complete bipartisan reform. And the ACA really doesn't work that well, it's too expensive and plans costs are increasing incredibly fast

No repeal, no tea party votes.

If they take repeal off the table (they won't) some bipartisan work could get done.

Premiums and deductibles in blue and purple states are going up at a slower rate than before the ACA.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2582 on: July 20, 2017, 08:22:44 PM »
I have a hard time imagining anything passing with this Congress.  Any law.  I swear, they could have a vote on whether oxygen was good for people and it wouldn't pass.  Everyone is salty.

I feel like I've had it altogether with politics. It was fun watching Trump win as a big FU to the establishment and whiny people on the left, but now I'm kinda like "meh". I just don't have the energy to get emotionally invested in this crap anymore.
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2583 on: July 20, 2017, 09:34:01 PM »

No repeal, no tea party votes.

If they take repeal off the table (they won't) some bipartisan work could get done.

Premiums and deductibles in blue and purple states are going up at a slower rate than before the ACA.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2017/03/22/yes-it-was-the-affordable-care-act-that-increased-premiums/#219cdceb11d2
t turns out that across the board, for all ages and family sizes, for HMO, PPO, and POS plans, premium increases averaged about 60 percent from 2013, the last year before ACA reforms took effect, to 2017. In same length of time preceding that, all groups experienced premium increases of less than 10 percent, and most age groups actually experienced premium decreases, on average.

tell me more

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2584 on: July 21, 2017, 02:23:16 AM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2017/03/22/yes-it-was-the-affordable-care-act-that-increased-premiums/#219cdceb11d2
tell me more
So the author, an obvious conservative with an agenda, talks about cherry picking being bad, than uses unsubstaniated data, from which he obviously cherry picked data.

I read through some of his other articles and checked his CV to confirm my suspicions.

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2585 on: July 21, 2017, 04:07:27 AM »
So the author, an obvious conservative with an agenda, talks about cherry picking being bad, than uses unsubstaniated data, from which he obviously cherry picked data.

I read through some of his other articles and checked his CV to confirm my suspicions.
Next dcm will be sourcing Ann Coulter, Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity as EXPERTS on the failure of Pres Obama
and the YUUUUUGE success of Crooked Donnie of Russia

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2586 on: July 21, 2017, 05:24:52 AM »

Link that supports your claims about premiums?

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2587 on: July 21, 2017, 09:29:27 AM »
Link that supports your claims about premiums?
It's been widely reported for years outside of the far right echo chamber.  I don't have the time or energy to sift through years of reports at the moment.

The fact that the author showed premiums going down before the ACA, discredited the rest of his article.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2588 on: July 21, 2017, 10:05:16 AM »
It's been widely reported for years outside of the far right echo chamber.  I don't have the time or energy to sift through years of reports at the moment.

The fact that the author showed premiums going down before the ACA, discredited the rest of his article.

Well if it's widely reported it must be difficult to find

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2589 on: July 21, 2017, 10:08:45 AM »

Private insurance isn't working well, prices are high and many people aren't able to afford their insane deductibles

FYP

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2590 on: July 21, 2017, 10:13:09 AM »

FYP

I pay 260$ a year, and have little to no deductibles with my private insurance in network

But these people paying 600-1200 a month on Obama care with high deductible plans ranging in the several thousands don't seem very happy
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 10:28:28 AM by dcm1602 »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2591 on: July 21, 2017, 10:51:36 AM »
I pay 260$ a year, and have little to no deductibles with my private insurance in network

But these people paying 600-1200 a month on Obama care with high deductible plans ranging in the several thousands don't seem very happy
Yeah, those insurance companies are freaking them pretty hard.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2592 on: July 21, 2017, 10:58:44 AM »
Yeah, those insurance companies are freaking them pretty hard.

I don't know anything about hunt individual insurance before but these high deductible packages are the crux of the ACA

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2593 on: July 21, 2017, 11:19:39 AM »
Rand Paul despises Trump. 

Humor me. Where on earth have you gotten this idea from? Rand's had ideological disagreements with the healthcare plan, but hes been pretty staunch in defending Trump in public.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2594 on: July 21, 2017, 11:25:45 AM »
Whole government is mired in sludge, controversy and inaction.  Things can change quickly, but it looks like 4 years of a whole lot of nothing.  Nothing new I guess, just worse.

Tags: