Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645511 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2565 on: July 09, 2017, 08:09:28 PM »
Did you touch her balls?

He ducked her dick.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2567 on: July 19, 2017, 07:46:22 PM »
John McCain diagnosed with a brain tumour. I don't agree with a lot of his politics but he seems like a decent and principled man, I hope he can recover from this.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2568 on: July 19, 2017, 11:31:14 PM »
John McCain diagnosed with a brain tumour. I don't agree with a lot of his politics but he seems like a decent and principled man, I hope he can recover from this.

From the way its been described it sounds extremely probable that he's not going to live long. Supposedly the survival rate for somebody his age is 6-7 months, with a 3-5% chance of him making it 5 years.

Of course him being a famous and powerful senator could open up special treatments and resources that would never be an option to ordinary folks

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2569 on: July 19, 2017, 11:36:25 PM »
And maybe it's just ideal thinking. But the seriousness of this issue and the timing. Maybe McCain uses this to cement his legacy pushing healthcare reform. A tragedy like this is about the only thing that could get Republicans and democrats to come togetherness and possibly consider a moderate bill that both parties could actually get behind.

After all McCain has said he wanted to return to work, but I could easily see that plan getting scratched considering his time is limited

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2570 on: July 20, 2017, 06:19:03 AM »
I can already see Gary Oldman just killing it in that movie. Too bad the part where something like that happens in real life won't come to reality.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #2571 on: July 20, 2017, 07:02:10 AM »

A tragedy like this is about the only thing that could get Republicans and democrats to come togetherness and possibly consider a moderate bill that both parties could actually get behind.

i.e., "We're only going to slash Medicaid funding a little and let insurance companies freak you a little more."

Moderates!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2572 on: July 20, 2017, 07:41:09 AM »
Explains that confusion episode he had when Comey testified.  Sucks.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2573 on: July 20, 2017, 08:18:36 AM »

i.e., "We're only going to slash Medicaid funding a little and let insurance companies freak you a little more."

Moderates!

It's not unfathomable for both sides to make some concessions. Obviously nobody is going to sign off on giving the other everything they want

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2574 on: July 20, 2017, 10:11:19 AM »
It's not unfathomable for both sides to make some concessions. Obviously nobody is going to sign off on giving the other everything they want
The democrats are in a position of power here.  The ACA is the law on the books.  There is no reason to concede anything as long as republican plans keep polling in the teens.

The repeal nonsense needs to stop.  If Heller votes for repeal, he loses in 2018.   He might lose anyway.  2-3 other republican senators are in the same boat.

If they stop talking about repeal, and start talking about fixing the ACA, moderate democrats will at least come to the table.

Raise the bar for medicaid to include more people, and get rid of subsidies.  Then go after big pharm together.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2575 on: July 20, 2017, 11:34:15 AM »
I like big pharm and the crooked insurance companies. My Valium is easy to get and only costs $10.
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2576 on: July 20, 2017, 12:16:59 PM »
The democrats are in a position of power here.  The ACA is the law on the books.  There is no reason to concede anything as long as republican plans keep polling in the teens.

The repeal nonsense needs to stop.  If Heller votes for repeal, he loses in 2018.   He might lose anyway.  2-3 other republican senators are in the same boat.

If they stop talking about repeal, and start talking about fixing the ACA, moderate democrats will at least come to the table.

Raise the bar for medicaid to include more people, and get rid of subsidies.  Then go after big pharm together.

Don't the Republicans have the The House Senate and the White House? They should work together and get excrement done

Also the ACA isn't working well, prices are high and many people with insurance aren't able to afford their insane deductibles

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2577 on: July 20, 2017, 02:31:20 PM »

Don't the Republicans have the The House Senate and the White House? They should work together and get excrement done

Also the ACA isn't working well, prices are high and many people with insurance aren't able to afford their insane deductibles

Repeal is not going to pass, because the moderates will never vote for it.  Anything without repeal will never pass because the tea party will never vote for it.  They are screwed.

You should check out the deductibles on Walmart plans, for example.  It's not just an exchange thing.

The ACA works pretty well in blue and purple states.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2578 on: July 20, 2017, 02:44:46 PM »
I have a hard time imagining anything passing with this Congress.  Any law.  I swear, they could have a vote on whether oxygen was good for people and it wouldn't pass.  Everyone is salty.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2579 on: July 20, 2017, 03:05:56 PM »

Repeal is not going to pass, because the moderates will never vote for it.  Anything without repeal will never pass because the tea party will never vote for it.  They are screwed.

You should check out the deductibles on Walmart plans, for example.  It's not just an exchange thing.

The ACA works pretty well in blue and purple states.

I'm not talking about repeal but complete bipartisan reform. And the ACA really doesn't work that well, it's too expensive and plans costs are increasing incredibly fast

Tags: