Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645599 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2535 on: July 05, 2017, 12:29:50 PM »
CNN are the assholes here.

Quoted for truth, glad we finally agree.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2536 on: July 05, 2017, 12:43:57 PM »
In a since-deleted Reddit post, HanA--holeSolo apologized and said he did not support "any violence against anyone." CNN's Andrew Kaczynski said the Redditor later called CNN to apologize further after the network had tracked down the user through Facebook and other biographical data the user had posted on Reddit.

After interviewing the user, CNN's investigative team said it chose not to reveal his identity because he apologized. In the interview, the Reddit user said he was worried about safety and public embarrassment if his real name were to be made public.

"CNN is not publishing 'HanA**holeSolo's' name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again," CNN said in its story. "In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same."

"CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change," the article continued, suggesting a conditional agreement to protect the user's identity.

This caveat was widely criticized on social media, with many users saying CNN had threatened to dox someone for making a GIF with its logo on it. On Wednesday morning, the hashtag #CNNBlackmail started trending on Twitter as a response to the article.

To be fair the Stunner in that gif was vicious. CNN is just protecting themselves here
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2537 on: July 05, 2017, 01:49:06 PM »
Honestly, I'd be more concerned about the financial side of things regarding illegals getting benefits or not paying taxes.  I honestly don't know if that is a huge financial problem in the grand scheme of things.  While it's annoying to see illegal immigrants getting benefits without paying taxes, I don't know how often it actually happens or if it even is a huge amount of money lost.
Most illegals orininally come here legally.  They have a work ID number, similar to a SSN, so they can get a job and pay taxes.  Most keep using that number when they overstay their visa, or leave and come back illegally.  In other words, they keep paying taxes.

They are NOT eligible for medicaid or welfare assistance.  That is a right wing lie that has been said enough times that people actually believe it.

Yes, they do use the ER when they get sick, and usually cannot afford to pay.  That is true.

Financially, the cost of billions of dollars in crops rotting in the fields right now, is a much bigger deal.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2538 on: July 05, 2017, 01:56:27 PM »
Most illegals orininally come here legally.  They have a work ID number, similar to a SSN, so they can get a job and pay taxes.  Most keep using that number when they overstay their visa, or leave and come back illegally.  In other words, they keep paying taxes.

They are NOT eligible for medicaid or welfare assistance.  That is a right wing lie that has been said enough times that people actually believe it.

Yes, they do use the ER when they get sick, and usually cannot afford to pay.  That is true.

Financially, the cost of billions of dollars in crops rotting in the fields right now, is a much bigger deal.

Most? Yeah, no.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2539 on: July 05, 2017, 04:14:34 PM »

Are most farms owned by the US government? Because if not, why should I be concerned about the multibillion dollar agricultural industry? Surely they could raise real wages for the millions if Americans out of work, no?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2540 on: July 05, 2017, 05:10:29 PM »
Are most farms owned by the US government? Because if not, why should I be concerned about the multibillion dollar agricultural industry? Surely they could raise real wages for the millions if Americans out of work, no?
How do you think those companies will make up the losses?  Businesses don't survive without being profitable. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2541 on: July 05, 2017, 05:12:45 PM »
How do you think those companies will make up the losses?  Businesses don't survive without being profitable. 

Doesn't the government already pay farms to NOT make too much food? If some have to shut their doors then we save even more money. And the farms can't jack up prices too much or else stores will start buying their products from other countries which they do anyway

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2542 on: July 05, 2017, 05:40:57 PM »
Apparently CNN got the wrong person.

Hahaha. Hahahahahaha. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What freaking imbeciles.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2543 on: July 05, 2017, 07:14:16 PM »

Still waiting on those far greater issues to be laid out.  Trump's entire immigration stance, illegal or legal, is built on a house of cards known as safety, which is entirely bullshit.

The case against illegal immigration isn't safety, it's the fact that it's illegal and driving down labor costs and keeping unskilled Americans on government programs. It's an economics issue. You can't flood the market with cheap unskilled labor and then say we need more government assistance or a higher minimum wage. I can't believe this has to even be argued. The murders committed by illegals were highlighted by Trump to illustrate just how fucked up our current system is run. Yeah, the vast majority of illegals just want to work and send money home, but they're not supposed to be here in the first place. Those criminals who make it through, some who unbelievably get released after getting arrested, are inexcusable and shows a failure in the manner in which the federal government has been dealing with the issue.

Turning illegal immigration into a partisan issue is what's wrong with this country. The Left feels they have to defend it only because The Right is rightfully against it. You're even doing it now. I wish you could see how transparent you are.
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2544 on: July 05, 2017, 08:29:17 PM »
The case against illegal immigration isn't safety, it's the fact that it's illegal and driving down labor costs and keeping unskilled Americans on government programs.

Except that California appears to be proving that untrue at the moment. The illegal unskilled labour isn't turning up, and the jobs continue to go unfilled by Americans.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2545 on: July 05, 2017, 08:52:36 PM »
Does the left ever think that the reason that these jobs go to illegal immigrants is these companies can get away with paying them off the books less than the minimum wage ?

I dont know how the same people who are fighting for 15, are also ok with illegals coming here and getting paid 100 dollars a day to do field labor.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2547 on: July 05, 2017, 10:35:31 PM »
Except that California appears to be proving that untrue at the moment. The illegal unskilled labour isn't turning up, and the jobs continue to go unfilled by Americans.

What are you basing this on?
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2548 on: July 06, 2017, 06:24:47 PM »
Apparently CNN got the wrong person.

Hahaha. Hahahahahaha. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What freaking imbeciles.

Did they? I haven't seen anything to that effect.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/04/politics/kfile-reddit-user-trump-tweet/index.html
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2549 on: July 07, 2017, 06:47:00 PM »
What CNN did was pretty bad, but nothing illegal about it. They're well within their rights to disclose the name of the user.
"Wrong!"

Tags: