Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 646075 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2461 on: June 03, 2017, 05:26:18 AM »
How about agreeing to pay for some guy on the other side of the world to open up his own pub?

I'm not too keen on that
How about understanding the difference between 'voluntarily assist' and 'pay'?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2463 on: June 07, 2017, 12:15:10 PM »
Kansas realized they fucked up.

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/07/531886684/the-kansas-tax-cut-experiment-comes-to-an-end-as-lawmakers-vote-to-raise-taxes?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170607

Wait...so...the government needs money to operate? And when you give businesses extra tax breaks they pocket the additional profit rather than reinvest it?

Sounds like fake news.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2464 on: June 09, 2017, 07:51:13 AM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-08/accused-leaker-is-indicted-for-disclosing-classified-report

Gurl you in trouble.

A federal prosecutor said in court that authorities had uncovered a series of “new and downright frightening" other acts by Winner, including inserting a thumb drive into her Air Force computer and taking classified information while she was still in the military.

“When you take a thumb drive in a top-secret computer as she did, we don’t know what happened to it," U.S. Magistrate Judge Brian Epps said at the hearing. “That falls into the landscape of danger to the community but it is also a danger to the nation."

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/prosecutors-alleged-nsa-leaker-wanted-to-burn-the-white-house-down/531327849

Based on evidence seized from her home, federal prosecutors detailed Winner's alleged plans to burn down the White House and travel to Afghanistan, pledging her allegiance to the Taliban.

Prosecutors said a phone call to her sister expressed Winner’s confidence in how to play the court during her bond hearing.

“I’m pretty, white and cute,” she allegedly told her sister. Prosecutors said Winner told her sister she would braid her hair and cry in court.

Prosecutors said she also instructed family members to transfer $30,000 into her mother’s account so she’d appear poor enough for a court-appointed attorney.

Hahaha.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 08:01:16 AM by bojanglesman »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2465 on: June 09, 2017, 09:15:51 AM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-08/accused-leaker-is-indicted-for-disclosing-classified-report

Gurl you in trouble.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/prosecutors-alleged-nsa-leaker-wanted-to-burn-the-white-house-down/531327849

Hahaha.

That's right use your white privelege to get out of trouble. Because it damn sure isn't going to be because you're cute.

Love how people were saying she didn't do anything wrong a couple days ago. I saw the terms "whistleblower" and "national hero" get thrown around.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2466 on: June 09, 2017, 09:32:35 AM »
That's right use your white privelege to get out of trouble. Because it damn sure isn't going to be because you're cute.

Love how people were saying she didn't do anything wrong a couple days ago. I saw the terms "whistleblower" and "national hero" get thrown around.
This is why I like to wait for more evidence.

If this true, holy excrement.  Bitch is crazy.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2467 on: June 09, 2017, 09:32:35 AM »
"Pretty, white and cute"? You're definitely white, sister.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2468 on: June 09, 2017, 09:36:41 AM »
More at fault for this situation:

This dumb queynte?

Or her dumb queynte parents for naming her "Reality Winner"?

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2469 on: June 09, 2017, 09:48:00 AM »
More at fault for this situation:

This dumb queynte?

Or her dumb queynte parents for naming her "Reality Winner"?
Trump will pardon her for that name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2470 on: June 10, 2017, 06:56:31 PM »
"Rosie O'Donnell defended a woman charged with leaking U.S. government secrets, calling 25-year-old Reality Winner a "brave, young patriot."

O'Donnell tweeted Thursday, "i support reality winner speak truth to power #resist #womenUNITE" and added a link to a GoFundMe page to raise money for Winner.

She also defended Winner after a Twitter user said the 25-year-old got herself into trouble by being "careless."

"Brave not careless," O'Donnell responded.

She also confirmed on Twitter that she donated $1,000 to Winner.

Winner, a government contractor, remains locked up on federal charges that she mailed a classified report to an online news outlet. The Justice Department announced her arrest Monday as The Intercept reported that it had obtained a classified report suggesting Russian hackers attacked a U.S. voting software supplier days before last year's presidential election."

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2471 on: June 10, 2017, 06:58:14 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2472 on: June 10, 2017, 07:06:12 PM »
I feel like both sides have a hypocrisy on this. The right loves that Wikileaks dumped HRC's emails despite them hating Bradsea Manning a couple of years prior. The left is all over leaked classified communications about Russian hacking and election interference but mortally offended by the leaking of DNC emails.

Do we want unauthorised insight or not? Data doesn't have a side, or a preference. Data just is.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2473 on: June 10, 2017, 07:12:07 PM »
I feel like both sides have a hypocrisy on this. The right loves that Wikileaks dumped HRC's emails despite them hating Bradsea Manning a couple of years prior. The left is all over leaked classified communications about Russian hacking and election interference but mortally offended by the leaking of DNC emails.

Do we want unauthorised insight or not? Data doesn't have a side, or a preference. Data just is.

I'm not a fan of leakers one way or another. I do feel like there's a difference between a government employee with a top secret security clearance versus an outside organization like Wikileaks that we have no control over one way or another.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2474 on: June 10, 2017, 07:18:33 PM »
I'm not a fan of leakers one way or another. I do feel like there's a difference between a government employee with a top secret security clearance versus an outside organization like Wikileaks that we have no control over one way or another.

Wikileaks are merely the vessel. If the information wasn't originating from sources with clearances it wouldn't be interesting in the first place. (Let's also note that HRC's emails weren't in fact classified and she committed no crime, as directly stated by the Director of the FBI.)

Tags: