Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 646175 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2400 on: June 02, 2017, 11:25:51 AM »
Not true. Canada is, followed by the US. China isn't even close to being the biggest offender.

Maybe per capita

But in terms of co2 output China makes up 29% of the world's co2 output, with united states second around 14%

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2401 on: June 02, 2017, 11:26:27 AM »
There you go again as Ronald Reagan once said.

Questions

Do you hate President Obama because he was a black man?

Do you hate all non white people too?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I hate you because you're still alive

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2402 on: June 02, 2017, 11:29:36 AM »
Maybe per capita

But in terms of co2 output China makes up 29% of the world's co2 output, with united states second around 14%

Absolute numbers are a ridiculous way of assessing things. Per capita is the only logical measure.

If I run a company with 5000 staff and make $50M a year in profit, and you run a company with 250 staff and make $25M a year in profit, who's running the more efficient and profitable company?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2403 on: June 02, 2017, 11:29:43 AM »
Not true. Canada is, followed by the US. China isn't even close to being the biggest offender.
Everything I've read says China is worst, followed by US.  Not sure if it cumulative or just currently.

Edit: NVM, see what you're saying.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2404 on: June 02, 2017, 11:30:18 AM »
Everything I've read says China is worst, followed by US.  Not sure if it cumulative or just currently. 

Stop reading stupid sources then. Look at the numbers for yourself.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2405 on: June 02, 2017, 11:32:20 AM »
Stop reading stupid sources then. Look at the numbers for yourself.
Not reading stupid sources, it's reported different ways.  I understand what you are saying about per capita.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2406 on: June 02, 2017, 11:33:17 AM »
Not reading stupid sources, it's reported different ways.  I understand what you are saying about per capita.

If your sources are saying that China is the world's biggest polluter because of absolute numbers, then they're stupid sources because they're clearly promoting an agenda.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2407 on: June 02, 2017, 11:34:17 AM »
Absolute numbers are a ridiculous way of assessing things. Per capita is the only logical measure.

If I run a company with 5000 staff and make $50M a year in profit, and you run a company with 250 staff and make $25M a year in profit, who's running the more efficient and profitable company?

If combating climate change was your #1 priority which will do more to achieve that goal.

Does it make sense to ignore the nation responsible for 30% of the entire world's Co2 emissions for 13 years while focusing on small countries per capita? Yes Canada and Saudi Arabia are terrible per capita, but significant improvements to them would get completely overshadowed by the increase from China.

Under this deal it wouldn't be unrealistic for China to make up over 50% of the world's Co2 emissions by 2030

Obviously everybody needs to do their part I don't disagree, but China is by far the biggest, and their growth is only going to make time worse and worse
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:37:30 AM by dcm1602 »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2408 on: June 02, 2017, 11:35:34 AM »
If your sources are saying that China is the world's biggest polluter because of absolute numbers, then they're stupid sources because they're clearly promoting an agenda.
I don't think CNN is promoting an agenda for Trump, but I agree they are often a stupid source. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2409 on: June 02, 2017, 11:37:39 AM »
If combating climate change was your #1 priority which will do more to achieve that goal.

Does it make sense to ignore the nation responsible for 30% of the entire world's Co2 emissions for 13 years while focusing on small countries per capita?

Obviously everybody needs to do their part I don't disagree, but China is by far the biggest, and their growth is only going to make time worse and worse

No one is saying that China doesn't have to improve, including China, but your argument against the worth of the Paris Agreement is bullshit. It's a foundational agreement which everyone used to say "we're all in this together, and we all need to do our part, and this is a starting point", and yesterday Trump just said "freak you, I'm not doing my part because I need to win votes by fooling miners in Pennsylvania that they're getting their jobs back".

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2410 on: June 02, 2017, 11:38:22 AM »
I don't think CNN is promoting an agenda for Trump, but I agree they are often a stupid source. 

If that's what CNN are saying then they are. Simple math doesn't lie.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2411 on: June 02, 2017, 11:42:04 AM »
No one is saying that China doesn't have to improve, including China, but your argument against the worth of the Paris Agreement is bullshit. It's a foundational agreement which everyone used to say "we're all in this together, and we all need to do our part, and this is a starting point", and yesterday Trump just said "freak you, I'm not doing my part because I need to win votes by fooling miners in Pennsylvania that they're getting their jobs back".

Trump said nothing about not doing our part. He said this deal is excrement and disproportionately benefits China and India while having absolutely nothing concrete in writing.

At the absolutely MINIMUM there needs to be serious concrete requirements and punishments for both China and India baked into the deal to ensure that they will more than adequately contribute in 2030 after getting a 13 year free pass.  From both a fairness perspective, as well as ensuring that global warming gets addressed.  China benefits by having an economic advantage for 13 years, and India benefits by having their clean energy subsidized by the rest of the world

Because without China and India going above and beyond the battle against global warming is completely lost.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2412 on: June 02, 2017, 11:45:15 AM »
Trump said nothing about not doing our part. He said this deal is excrement and disproportionately benefits China and India while having absolutely nothing concrete in writing.

Then Trump, like you, fundamentally misunderstands how the Agreement works.

At the absolutely MINIMUM there needs to be serious concrete requirements and punishments for both China and India baked into the deal to ensure that they will more than adequately contribute in 2030 after getting a 13 year free pass.  From both a fairness perspective, as well as ensuring that global warming gets addressed.

Because without China and India going above and beyond the battle against global warming is completely lost.

There also then would need to be the same serious concrete requirements and punishments for the US, so there's no way he's ever going to the table to negotiate this because he would have to enact swingeing changes to US environmental legislation and the corporate landscape, and so far he has done the exact opposite.

Yesterday had absolutely nothing to do with India or China and everything to do with Trump, Pruitt and the rest of the shitheads that he has surrounded himself with.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2413 on: June 02, 2017, 11:51:42 AM »
Then Trump, like you, fundamentally misunderstands how the Agreement works.

There also then would need to be the same serious concrete requirements and punishments for the US, so there's no way he's ever going to the table to negotiate this because he would have to enact swingeing changes to US environmental legislation and the corporate landscape, and so far he has done the exact opposite.

Yesterday had absolutely nothing to do with India or China and everything to do with Trump, Pruitt and the rest of the shitheads that he has surrounded himself with.

I'm not talking about Trump, I'm talking about the deal.

And yes there's two assumptions one could make that nations will attempt to follow the rules of deal or they won't. If they won't it's worthless and does nothing anyway so we should ignore that assumption.

If countries are following the rules and China and India could grow anyway they want for 13 years it gives them an economic advantage over the rest of the world, as they're able to utilize the cheapest sources of energy regardless of Co2 emissions (while other nations need to keep them in mind)

And since China and India are getting these advantages given to them because that's how the deal was made they should have to pay a price. That price should be accountability after their 13 year grace period.

The United States shouldn't need to have these punishments too, because we're not being awarded with a special 13 year grace period like China and India. We will be expected to immediately comply with the standards, not to mention we obviously will probably be the number one financer of clean energy in other countries like India because that's how this excrement always works.

I don't see how that's unreasonable. The deal was made to cater to them, they should at least be forced to do their part
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:53:55 AM by dcm1602 »

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2414 on: June 02, 2017, 12:01:45 PM »
I hate you because you're still alive
The question was not about me. It was about your obvious racist hatred of President Barack Obama, the last legitimate President of the United States before it became a controlled colony of the Russian Federation in 2017

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Tags: