Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645074 times)

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2385 on: June 02, 2017, 06:33:49 AM »
Looks like executive Tommy's honey moon period at the new job wore off.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2386 on: June 02, 2017, 07:07:03 AM »
Looks like executive Tommy's honey moon period at the new job wore off.

Ha. Nah, I've been working until 12am and waking up at 6am. Gonna be that way until I hire an account manager for Asia.
"Wrong!"

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2387 on: June 02, 2017, 08:23:40 AM »
Ha. Nah, I've been working until 12am and waking up at 6am. Gonna be that way until I hire an account manager for Asia.

Oh, so it's the lack of sleep making you crabby haha

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2388 on: June 02, 2017, 08:31:59 AM »
You guys are fuckn insufferable. Stop with the political talking points and overreactions. Renewable energy in the U.S is a multi billion dollar industry and generation has been steadily growing for years, and there is zero reason why that's going to change just because we're withdrawing for the Paris Deal

Here's the latest (March '17) DOE Monthly Report on Renewables:
https://www.eia.gov/totalenergy/data/monthly/pdf/sec10.pdf

This isn't a Red/Blue thing. Texas actually leads the pack as far as Wind Energy generation goes, and it's not even close. Hydro is dominant because that's the most efficient. We're also improving our Nuclear Energy efficiency and generation.

Basically we're doing fine. We don't need the UN to tell us what to do. Each state has their own targets, and so does the US Govt. The DOE hasn't changed its position regarding it even after Trump's been elected. I have no idea where you jackasses are getting the idea that Trump and Republicans want to destroy the industry and ruin the environment and world.

So you don't continue to sound like idiots, READ THE FUCKN DATA. It's right there. The data is available, but you halfwits continue to let some snot nosed blogger or reporter do the research for you and regurgitate their biased and sensationalist bullshit directly into your throats.

Enough of this nonsense. If you want to argue, list some sources and actual raw data. I don't want to see links to articles. You have access to the same data that those reporters do.

So, please, I'm begging you. Enough of this "No Paris Agreement = End of the World" nonsense.

I don't think anyone here is saying that Trump withdrawing the U.S. from the agreement means the end of the world.

Looking at that data you posted, if you project through 2030 assuming the linear rate renewable energy has been increasing in the past 5-10 years, along with nuclear power, its not enough to come close to the goal of a 26-28% decrease by 2030. Yes, the 26-28% reduction in emissions was a lofty goal set by Obama, but I don't think its far fetched to think that our best chance at reaching that would be together as a nation, rather than independent factions at the state/local level, academia level or business level.

I also am not entirely convinced that the same progression will be made in the next 4 years as Trump has put climate change critics in control of related departments (see EERE, EPA), will likely be decreasing funding for this field and is a proponent of the dying coal industry.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2389 on: June 02, 2017, 09:28:49 AM »
What this really comes down to...

Western foreign leaders think Trump is a circus clown.  The only play in Trump's playbook is to be a bully.  He can't bully them, because they would just point and laugh, so he does this move to bully the UN.

What does he accomplish?

A smoke and mirrors 'win' for his base.

It will not create jobs.  Coal jobs were lost due to automation, not regulations.  Lifting regulations will only mean increased profits, at the expense of the environment.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2390 on: June 02, 2017, 09:34:51 AM »
Tommy and his idol are both convinced that they both know better than the vast majority of the world. They're both in for a rude awakening.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #2391 on: June 02, 2017, 09:47:00 AM »
How does Russia tie into this?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2392 on: June 02, 2017, 10:46:09 AM »
I'm not going to defend any of this stuff Trump does.  I'm both clueless and trying my best not to judge.

I will say that Trump is sneakily slow playing the electoral college for 2020.  How many issues has he "coincidentally" sided with the views of people that reside in swing states, especially the ones he won in 2016?  It's a smart strategy politically.  There are many states that are set in stone every year as Democrat or Republican.  No point in worrying about New York or Massachusetts wants and needs strictly from a political standpoint.  He'll never win that state. 

He is basically pandering to those swing states now, taking the constituents' sides in those states and giving them what they want.  It's quite likely why he has a boner for coal country.  You constantly hear him talking about Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, etc.  It's no coincidence.  Regardless of who hates him, how much he pisses off Democrats, etc., as long as he keeps giving the people in those swing states what they want, he'll be hard to beat in 2020 assuming he isn't dead or arrested.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 10:48:06 AM by bojanglesman »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2393 on: June 02, 2017, 11:01:31 AM »
Tommy and his idol are both convinced that they both know better than the vast majority of the world. They're both in for a rude awakening.

Completely ignoring global warming for a second if you looked at the winners and losers of this accord, the United States is clearly the biggest loser while China and India are the biggest winners.

Of course the majority of the world is going to disagree with this. Obama agreed to shitty terms to appease the EU.

If people want to combat global warming fine, but do it in a way where we're not licking the boot of the EU agreeing to excrement that nobody else will comply with.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2394 on: June 02, 2017, 11:03:35 AM »

I'm not going to defend any of this stuff Trump does.  I'm both clueless and trying my best not to judge.

I will say that Trump is sneakily slow playing the electoral college for 2020.  How many issues has he "coincidentally" sided with the views of people that reside in swing states, especially the ones he won in 2016?  It's a smart strategy politically.  There are many states that are set in stone every year as Democrat or Republican.  No point in worrying about New York or Massachusetts wants and needs strictly from a political standpoint.  He'll never win that state. 

He is basically pandering to those swing states now, taking the constituents' sides in those states and giving them what they want.  It's quite likely why he has a boner for coal country.  You constantly hear him talking about Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, etc.  It's no coincidence.  Regardless of who hates him, how much he pisses off Democrats, etc., as long as he keeps giving the people in those swing states what they want, he'll be hard to beat in 2020 assuming he isn't dead or arrested.

It doesn't matter.  If they pass a health care bill or tax reform, the voters in those states are screwed.

Black lung is a pre existing condition.  The coal jobs are not coming back.

Trump, on a daily basis, is bending the lower and middle class folks that voted for him over.

To even consider Trump is slow playing anything would imply he's not an idiot.  At this stage of his life, he is an idiot.  He's the exact opposite of slow play.

What has he given the people in the swing states exactly?

I'm doing whatever I can to take away your healthcare.  I'm doing everything I can to make your air and water poisonous.  Oh, and you still don't get a job.

The pendulum is going to swing hard and fast.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2395 on: June 02, 2017, 11:04:29 AM »
Completely ignoring global warming for a second if you looked at the winners and losers of this accord, the United States is clearly the biggest loser while China and India are the biggest winners.

Of course the majority of the world is going to disagree with this. Obama agreed to shitty terms to appease the EU.

If people want to combat global warming fine, but do it in a way where we're not licking the boot of the EU agreeing to excrement that nobody else will comply with.
Please explain the shitty terms, in your own words.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2396 on: June 02, 2017, 11:18:44 AM »

It doesn't matter.  If they pass a health care bill or tax reform, the voters in those states are screwed.

Black lung is a pre existing condition.  The coal jobs are not coming back.

Trump, on a daily basis, is bending the lower and middle class folks that voted for him over.

To even consider Trump is slow playing anything would imply he's not an idiot.  At this stage of his life, he is an idiot.  He's the exact opposite of slow play.

What has he given the people in the swing states exactly?

I'm doing whatever I can to take away your healthcare.  I'm doing everything I can to make your air and water poisonous.  Oh, and you still don't get a job.

The pendulum is going to swing hard and fast.
When I say Trump, I mean his campaign.

He doesn't have to make swing state voters better off.  He just has to make them think they are.  I think you are underestimating how fervent Trump voters are. Many of them could find a way to justify anything he does.  This country is a big place, and there are parts that are truly different worlds from the rest- that goes for both sides.  Someone in Mississippi likely wouldn't have any frame of reference regarding how someone in Connecticut thinks.

I'm not saying he will win again, I'm just saying he's trying to set the stage.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:22:04 AM by bojanglesman »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2397 on: June 02, 2017, 11:19:02 AM »
Please explain the shitty terms, in your own words.

China is the biggest polluter in the world. Under this agreement China can increase there emissions all they want until 2030, then they're supposed to start decreasing them thereafter. However there's absolutely nothing to hold them accountable to that, so they can just do whatever they want. Same thing with India

Hell under this agreement absolutely nobody can be held to anything. But the United States being the United States would at least to attempt to do their part, while most of the other countries do whatever the freak they want.

If it was a concrete agreement with specifications that's a whole different game. But this has different standards for different parties, with no concrete anything

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2398 on: June 02, 2017, 11:23:04 AM »
China is the biggest polluter in the world.

Not true. Canada is, followed by the US. China isn't even close to being the biggest offender.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2399 on: June 02, 2017, 11:25:42 AM »

There you go again as Ronald Reagan once said.

Questions

Do you hate President Obama because he was a black man?

Do you hate all non white people too?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Tags: