Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 646216 times)

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2370 on: June 01, 2017, 06:59:51 PM »
Tommy's thinking about the shorts weather twelve months out of the year.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2371 on: June 01, 2017, 07:30:56 PM »
Sort of related, I did get my A/C unit serviced today, so I'm set for a year of climate change.  freak you Mother Nature!  Just this year though. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2372 on: June 01, 2017, 08:18:26 PM »
Also the whole idea that the United States would have different rules applied to it than countries like China and India is ridiculous.

Of course people are going to mock the USA for not being a leader while China is "stepping up" China is getting the best deal of anybody. They basically get to run wild and become an even stronger force in the global economy while other nations (the USA) are hobbled by these increased standards.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2373 on: June 01, 2017, 08:19:46 PM »
And a very long and seemingly pretty thorough article which I didn't read in its entirety

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/31/trump-paris-climate-deal-what-it-means-238991

But mentions how under the agreement that China and India could continue to increase their emissions until 2030, while other countries would be expected to have more immediate results.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2374 on: June 01, 2017, 08:40:23 PM »
They should have just renamed it The Trump Accords and we wouldn't be having this problem.   

Let's acknowledge most of Trumpland disliked it because it has Paris in the name.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2375 on: June 01, 2017, 09:32:20 PM »
Let's acknowledge most of Trumpland disliked it because it has Paris in the name.

Does it count that Trump singlehandedly stormed the beaches of Normandy and saved all of Western Europe even France?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #2376 on: June 01, 2017, 10:21:27 PM »
Does it count that Trump singlehandedly stormed the beaches of Normandy and saved all of Western Europe even France?

Eventually all you plebs will come to understand that Trump eats the sun and drinks the sky and they both go with him when he dies.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2377 on: June 01, 2017, 10:42:20 PM »
Eventually all you plebs will come to understand that Trump eats the sun and drinks the sky and they both go with him when he dies.

Trump has to be the new Chuck Norris.

Trump doesn't sleep, he waits.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2378 on: June 02, 2017, 12:34:07 AM »
If the United States gave a excrement about global warming it should make its OWN bill and standards for us to follow. And then expand upon it globally. I know you'll get excrement for your comments because it's you saying them, but you're completely correct. It's an extremely vague bill with no specifications and no accountability.

Hell look what happened with Trump and Nato the other day. He basically called out other countries for not sticking to their agreements on defense spending. And he pretty much got criticized for it like it's somehow his fault.
For fucks sake man, Obama tried for 8 years and the reoublicans wouldn't even bring it up for discussion in congress.  What does the air smell like in your bubble.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2379 on: June 02, 2017, 12:36:03 AM »
Because he didn't agree to it, another US president did. I totally agree that global warming is real and a problem and needs to be dealt with. But this bill is complete excrement and is symbolic more than anything. I don't think that's the reason Trumps pulling out at all, I think he's just being an anti environmental pro fossil fuel ignoramus. But I think it happens to be the right thing to do
So, Trump sided with Assad, who was sort of preoccupied.  The craziest thing is that Nicaragua didn't sign on because it didn't go far enough.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2380 on: June 02, 2017, 12:43:12 AM »
Fine ignore me attempting to make a point. But is specificity unreasonable for something of this magnitude?
You admit to doing zero research, then make these stupid freaking arguments.

It is maddening.

This treaty is non binding.  It is a good will jesture by almost every single country in the world.

Trump pulling out completely fucks our international standing, creates no jobs, and has the potential to completely compromise our environment.

What the freak is wrong with your brain?

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2381 on: June 02, 2017, 12:59:54 AM »
That last reply was about 30 posts before the end.

I honestly cannot believe, full grown, at least one of them, educated men, not understanding that you have to start somewhere.  If you deny human interaction is destroying the climate, there was some imbreding in your past.

Trump did this, against everyone's advice, for his uneducated base to get a win.

I hope Barron is literaly desolved by the air his grandfather leaves him.

What the freak does Trump care about the environment?  His dimentia riddled derriere will be sucking jello through a straw by 2020.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 01:01:44 AM by Fenwyr »

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2382 on: June 02, 2017, 04:45:48 AM »
It isn't a bill. It is an international treaty that all but two (now three backwards, halfwit countries with authoritarian Nazi schmucks in power (Nicaragua, Syria and the Trumpdick USA Confefe Banana Republic) agreed to as a start to trying to deal with the climate change overheating of the planet through fossil fuels conflagration.

Only Trump, the Grab our hoo-ha Party, Tommyanne and dcm are happy in their brain dead bubble

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2383 on: June 02, 2017, 05:05:56 AM »

Trump doesn't sleep, he tweets.

FTFY

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2384 on: June 02, 2017, 06:17:37 AM »
You guys are fuckn insufferable. Stop with the political talking points and overreactions. Renewable energy in the U.S is a multi billion dollar industry and generation has been steadily growing for years, and there is zero reason why that's going to change just because we're withdrawing for the Paris Deal

Here's the latest (March '17) DOE Monthly Report on Renewables:
https://www.eia.gov/totalenergy/data/monthly/pdf/sec10.pdf

This isn't a Red/Blue thing. Texas actually leads the pack as far as Wind Energy generation goes, and it's not even close. Hydro is dominant because that's the most efficient. We're also improving our Nuclear Energy efficiency and generation.

Basically we're doing fine. We don't need the UN to tell us what to do. Each state has their own targets, and so does the US Govt. The DOE hasn't changed its position regarding it even after Trump's been elected. I have no idea where you jackasses are getting the idea that Trump and Republicans want to destroy the industry and ruin the environment and world.

So you don't continue to sound like idiots, READ THE FUCKN DATA. It's right there. The data is available, but you halfwits continue to let some snot nosed blogger or reporter do the research for you and regurgitate their biased and sensationalist bullshit directly into your throats.

Enough of this nonsense. If you want to argue, list some sources and actual raw data. I don't want to see links to articles. You have access to the same data that those reporters do.

So, please, I'm begging you. Enough of this "No Paris Agreement = End of the World" nonsense.
"Wrong!"

Tags: