Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 646446 times)

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2235 on: May 13, 2017, 03:10:56 PM »

Well around 70% goes towards social programs. You know, the programs that Democrats don't want touched or reformed.

This is your primary glitch.

Social Security does not belong on this list.  It is not a tax.  Republicans borrowed from it, and now we are paying it back, but that was never supposed to happen.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2236 on: May 13, 2017, 03:14:22 PM »
Maybe it looks bad to people like you who wouldn't know the difference between M&A transaction advisory and tax advisory. Morgan Lewis has dozens of practice areas. Sheri Dillon is one of he heads of the firm's tax practice in the U.S, the team that handles Trump's taxes and represent him in audits with the IRS:

https://www.morganlewis.com/bios/sdillon

Also, Russia probably represents a small fraction of their international business. Why in the freak would they risk their entire firm's reputation for one fuckn' client and a small share of their international practice?

And I don't know the context about Jared's comments. Russia doesn't even crack the top 20 in FDI in the US in any industry, forget real estate (that honor goes to the U.K., China, and Japan). Maybe he meant Russian money has started to flow. I haven't done much research on that, but maybe he's right. Besides, why would they want Russian money anyway? There are plenty of other countries that are investing in the U.S without all the bullshit that comes with dealing with Russian companies. Just take a look at FDI into the U.S in the last several years:

http://ofii.org/sites/default/files/Foreign%20Direct%20Investment%20in%20the%20United%20States%202016%20Report.pdf
Ignoring all the other crap.  It wasn't his son in law that said it.  FFS if we are going to have an intelligent debate...

Jared is another issue entirely.  He is raking in cash from China on the DL while Russia is in the spotlight.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2237 on: May 13, 2017, 03:38:17 PM »
Ignoring all the other crap.  It wasn't his son in law that said it.  FFS if we are going to have an intelligent debate...

Jared is another issue entirely.  He is raking in cash from China on the DL while Russia is in the spotlight.

I don't see one Chinese or Russian company on his company's partner list:

https://kushner.com/partners/

Doesn't sound like he needs them. Maybe individual investors from China or Russia? If so, so what? I imagine he has investors from all over the world.

You really are going out of your way in making a lot out of nothing.

I'll say this again. Neither the Trump Organization nor Kushner's company needs Russian or Chinese investment, not nearly enough to risk their careers over. There's plenty of other investors, mostly domestic, who are perfectly willing to invest in their projects. It doesn't make any sense to go on and on about Russia.
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2238 on: May 13, 2017, 04:22:02 PM »
I don't see one Chinese or Russian company on his company's partner list:

https://kushner.com/partners/

Doesn't sound like he needs them. Maybe individual investors from China or Russia? If so, so what? I imagine he has investors from all over the world.

You really are going out of your way in making a lot out of nothing.

I'll say this again. Neither the Trump Organization nor Kushner's company needs Russian or Chinese investment, not nearly enough to risk their careers over. There's plenty of other investors, mostly domestic, who are perfectly willing to invest in their projects. It doesn't make any sense to go on and on about Russia.
You are absolutely right Tommy.  It makes no sense for them to risk it.  They just don't give a freak and think they are above the law.

And for the love of god.  You sited his own site for a list of partners?

Do you have any freaking clue how much Russian and Chinese money is parked in the 666 and Trump towers?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 04:25:00 PM by Fenwyr »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2239 on: May 13, 2017, 06:07:05 PM »
I'm drunk.  America!!!! Wooooo!!!!!!

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #2240 on: May 13, 2017, 07:24:43 PM »
9-11 was an inside job

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2241 on: May 13, 2017, 08:49:16 PM »
9-11 was an inside job
Wooooo!!!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2244 on: May 17, 2017, 01:03:30 PM »
Surprised you guys haven't been talking about NY single payer having a shot now.

What's the general feeling at ground zero?  Does it have a chance in the Senate?

From afar the bill looks legit.  I hope it passes and proves it is sustainable over time.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2245 on: May 17, 2017, 02:25:54 PM »
Surprised you guys haven't been talking about NY single payer having a shot now.

What's the general feeling at ground zero?  Does it have a chance in the Senate?

From afar the bill looks legit.  I hope it passes and proves it is sustainable over time.

Apparently the plan is essentially to raise taxes. I really hate when they use the phrase "Pay their fair share". Such bullshit. Just call it what it is "raising taxes".

Financing

We propose an equitable financing program in which everyone pays their fair share. Under this program, all employers and employees will pay a modest payroll tax. This will produce a dramatic savings for those responsible private employers and state and local governments which currently purchase health insurance for their employees. By drawing on the immense wealth that has accrued to the richest Americans and large corporations over the past 25 years, 95% of people will pay less for their healthcare than they are currently paying. Some of the key components to financing HR 676:
Eliminates all employer contributions to private insurance premiums—replacing them with a modest payroll tax of 4.5% (in addition to the 1.45% currently paid towards Medicare).
Eliminates all individual premiums, co-pays, deductibles and nearly all other out-of-pocket costs—replacing them with a modest payroll tax of 3.3% (in addition to the 1.45% currently paid towards Medicare).
Relieves state and local governments of the immense burden of paying insurance premiums for medical coverage for their current and retired employees—replacing them with a modest payroll tax of 4.5% (in addition to the 1.45% currently paid towards Medicare).

Source: http://www.singlepayernewyork.org/single-payer/
"Wrong!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2246 on: May 17, 2017, 02:36:54 PM »

Honestly, I hadn't even heard about it. I just looked around for some information and there's no chance this thing sees the light of day. I didn't find anything solid, but it looks like it would be too expensive to maintain, and there's no chance it would pass the state Senate where there's an even split between the two parties.

I don't see how a state level single-payer option is feasible anywhere in the country. Not without massive tax increases. It either has to be country-wide, or not at all.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2247 on: May 17, 2017, 02:40:24 PM »
So wait, a 13.3% tax increase on top of Medicare? Yeah, that's going to go over well.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2248 on: May 17, 2017, 04:03:34 PM »
So wait, a 13.3% tax increase on top of Medicare? Yeah, that's going to go over well.

Fair share?!?@!@#?@#$?$#@$
"Wrong!"

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #2249 on: May 17, 2017, 04:08:42 PM »
Tom Brady kisses his kids like that kid from Glee who hung himself last week.

Tags: