Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644896 times)

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2220 on: May 05, 2017, 08:15:55 PM »
Love the new name for Trumpcare..

GOPDeathcare

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2221 on: May 06, 2017, 11:23:25 AM »

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2222 on: May 06, 2017, 11:29:57 AM »
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2223 on: May 06, 2017, 12:07:37 PM »
Yeah, I don't get the outrage. Obamacare is failing, and insurance companies are leaving it left and right. Why not make it better? Obamacare was rushed. Let's take our time.
Because, for the most part, the ACA isn't failing.  A handful of states are screwing it up, but it is otherwise working as intended.

By now we should have had some regulation on insurance and pharmaceutical companies, but the republicans have controlled congress.  Should have had a public option by now as well.

To nobodies surprise, the republicans bill went straight to, freak you, if you aren't wealthy, just die already.

The outrage is not over this bill passing.  It will never happen.  Anything the senate does to get 50 votes will make the house tea party vote no.

The March plan had 17% approval.  Once the details on this abortion come out, you can expect an even lower number.

No employer mandate.  Think about that.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2224 on: May 07, 2017, 08:35:34 PM »
Haha, this is awesome.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/332199-dem-if-republicans-dont-answer-questions-on-health-bill-dems-should

"if he doesn't like it, he should stand up and explain it himself"
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2225 on: May 13, 2017, 03:12:41 AM »
I remember being in my early teens trying to figure out Iran/Contra.  I remember some of the Oliver 'under the bus' North hearings.  I remember a president avoiding impeachment with the words 'I don't recall,'

Turns out he probably wasn't lying.  He didn't recall what he had for breakfast at that point.

This is the craziest excrement I have seen in 30 years.

He told me 3 times I wasn't under investigation.  He invited me to dinner.  I just came up with the phrase 'prime the pump' the other day.  I invited a Russian spy into the oval office.

I'm not going to hate on an old man for having dementia anymore.  Time for the 25th amendment.  Then worry about prosecuting Pence, Turtle, and Ryan for malicious disregard for the welfare of this country.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2226 on: May 13, 2017, 11:29:06 AM »
The law firm that Trump used to "prove" he has no significant business ties to Russia was recently named 2016 Russia Law Firm of the Year.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trumps-tax-law-firm-deep-ties-russia/story?id=47376041

You really can't make this excrement up.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2227 on: May 13, 2017, 12:11:25 PM »
The law firm that Trump used to "prove" he has no significant business ties to Russia was recently named 2016 Russia Law Firm of the Year.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trumps-tax-law-firm-deep-ties-russia/story?id=47376041

You really can't make this excrement up.

How do you sensationalists manage to breathe?

Morgan Lewis is the 13th largest law firm in the world, with offices in more than 30 countries. I know them well, former clients of mine, so I don't see how an international law firm representing Russian firms in all types of cases "Transaction services, capital markets, IP, etc" has anything to do with Trump. They provide the exact same services to firms in most countries. Trump using one of the best law firms for corporate and personal tax advisory services isn't an issue in any way shape or form.

"You can't make this stuff up."

I should be saying that about your dumbass post.
"Wrong!"

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2228 on: May 13, 2017, 12:14:16 PM »
Sorry Tommyanne but the only real Dumbass in this discussion is the Orange Maggot in the WH

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2229 on: May 13, 2017, 01:30:54 PM »

How do you sensationalists manage to breathe?

Morgan Lewis is the 13th largest law firm in the world, with offices in more than 30 countries. I know them well, former clients of mine, so I don't see how an international law firm representing Russian firms in all types of cases "Transaction services, capital markets, IP, etc" has anything to do with Trump. They provide the exact same services to firms in most countries. Trump using one of the best law firms for corporate and personal tax advisory services isn't an issue in any way shape or form.

"You can't make this stuff up."

I should be saying that about your dumbass post.

Tommy.  Please.  Think optics here.  Just take a breath and think optics.

There are plenty of firms to use that were not named 2016 Russian law firm of the year.  Let's just get that out of the way.

As for the letter...  It has all the integrity of his doctor's letter.

Hey guys, they already know about Miss Universe and the BS land deal, so put that in there.

His own son said massive amounts of money are going back and forth to Russia.  It's all going through shell corporations.  Whether or not it is directly tied to the election, he and his people are helping hide and launder Russian money.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2230 on: May 13, 2017, 01:46:43 PM »

Tommy.  Please.  Think optics here.  Just take a breath and think optics.

There are plenty of firms to use that were not named 2016 Russian law firm of the year.  Let's just get that out of the way.

As for the letter...  It has all the integrity of his doctor's letter.

Hey guys, they already know about Miss Universe and the BS land deal, so put that in there.

His own son said massive amounts of money are going back and forth to Russia.  It's all going through shell corporations.  Whether or not it is directly tied to the election, he and his people are helping hide and launder Russian money.

Christ. Yeah, optics because the public eat excrement up like this and don't bother to do their own research.

Firs of all, Chambers and Partners holds award ceremonies all over the world for "best law firm for (country)/(region)" Its all subjective based on what Chambers considers as "the best" given the last 12 months of work by a given firm. Hell my last firm held award ceremonies for the "best banking firms" etc. It doesn't mean much.

Never mind the fact that large firms in any given country are represented by many of the world's largest for a variety of cases. Anyway, the Chambers award that the media is using as clickbait for people like you was awarded to Morgan Lewis in 2016 for their transaction advisory work in Russia in 2015. This year they awarded that honor to Baker McKenzie, another of the world's largest law firms:

Russia Law Firm of the Year
Baker McKenzie
Dentons
Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
Goltsblat BLP
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
Pepeliaev Group

Winner: Baker McKenzie

Long-established in Russia and consistently maintaining its ground and market positions, the firm has top-notch coverage of such key areas as domestic and international disputes as well as IP, life sciences, TMT, real estate, mining, employment and tax. The firm also benefits from its solid, on-the-ground presence in the CIS region and often handles cross-border transactions involving several regional jurisdictions. Recent highlight deals included advising Walgreens Boots Alliance on the sale of Alliance Healthcare Russia to a Russian-owned 36.6 pharmacy chain. It also assisted Alliance Mining Group with the sale of Amur Zoloto to Petropavlovsk.

Where you see some smoking gun, I see a bunch of idiots wearing tinfoil hats looking for any reason to go batshit insane over Trump and the ridiculous conspiracy of Russian collusion.

But go ahead and knock yourself out. If you want to burn calories on this bullshit that's your call.
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2231 on: May 13, 2017, 01:47:46 PM »
I was thinking about the roughly $300,000 I have paid in federal taxes so far in my working life.

W sent me a check for $200.

For the life of me I cannot think of any other benefit that directly impacted me.

Roads, police, fire...  All state and local taxes.  Glad to contribute.

At some point we should be allowed to demand a return on our federal investment.

Pass infrastructure and health care bills that are not just tax cuts for the rich.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2232 on: May 13, 2017, 01:54:34 PM »
Christ. Yeah, optics because the public eat excrement up like this and don't bother to do their own research.

Firs of all, Chambers and Partners holds award ceremonies all over the world for "best law firm for (country)/(region)" Its all subjective based on what Chambers considers as "the best" given the last 12 months of work by a given firm. Hell my last firm held award ceremonies for the "best banking firms" etc. It doesn't mean much.

Never mind the fact that large firms in any given country are represented by many of the world's largest for a variety of cases. Anyway, the Chambers award that the media is using as clickbait for people like you was awarded to Morgan Lewis in 2016 for their transaction advisory work in Russia in 2015. This year they awarded that honor to Baker McKenzie, another of the world's largest law firms:

Where you see some smoking gun, I see a bunch of idiots wearing tinfoil hats looking for any reason to go batshit insane over Trump and the ridiculous conspiracy of Russian collusion.

But go ahead and knock yourself out. If you want to burn calories on this bullshit that's your call.
Tommy.  Not surprisingly you ignored the optics.  It just freaking looks bad.  If you are going to get your mommy to write you a note, in this case you probably wouldn't want your mommy to have the key to Moscow.

You at least have to admit the note is a joke.  You won't, but I was watching republicans tear it apart for an hour yesterday.

On the plus side, a couple of lawyers said it put a hole in confidentiality, so it should be that much easier to get a hold of his tax returns when the time comes.

Tommy.  When Trump's son said money was flowing in from Russia, was he lying?

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2233 on: May 13, 2017, 02:10:39 PM »
Tommy.  Not surprisingly you ignored the optics.  It just freaking looks bad.  If you are going to get your mommy to write you a note, in this case you probably wouldn't want your mommy to have the key to Moscow.

You at least have to admit the note is a joke.  You won't, but I was watching republicans tear it apart for an hour yesterday.

On the plus side, a couple of lawyers said it put a hole in confidentiality, so it should be that much easier to get a hold of his tax returns when the time comes.

Tommy.  When Trump's son said money was flowing in from Russia, was he lying?

Maybe it looks bad to people like you who wouldn't know the difference between M&A transaction advisory and tax advisory. Morgan Lewis has dozens of practice areas. Sheri Dillon is one of he heads of the firm's tax practice in the U.S, the team that handles Trump's taxes and represent him in audits with the IRS:

https://www.morganlewis.com/bios/sdillon

Also, Russia probably represents a small fraction of their international business. Why in the freak would they risk their entire firm's reputation for one fuckn' client and a small share of their international practice?

And I don't know the context about Jared's comments. Russia doesn't even crack the top 20 in FDI in the US in any industry, forget real estate (that honor goes to the U.K., China, and Japan). Maybe he meant Russian money has started to flow. I haven't done much research on that, but maybe he's right. Besides, why would they want Russian money anyway? There are plenty of other countries that are investing in the U.S without all the bullshit that comes with dealing with Russian companies. Just take a look at FDI into the U.S in the last several years:

http://ofii.org/sites/default/files/Foreign%20Direct%20Investment%20in%20the%20United%20States%202016%20Report.pdf

"Wrong!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2234 on: May 13, 2017, 02:15:00 PM »
I was thinking about the roughly $300,000 I have paid in federal taxes so far in my working life.

W sent me a check for $200.

For the life of me I cannot think of any other benefit that directly impacted me.

Roads, police, fire...  All state and local taxes.  Glad to contribute.

At some point we should be allowed to demand a return on our federal investment.

Pass infrastructure and health care bills that are not just tax cuts for the rich.

Well around 70% goes towards social programs. You know, the programs that Democrats don't want touched or reformed.

"Wrong!"

Tags: