Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644932 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2190 on: May 04, 2017, 11:40:03 AM »
I wasn't actually joking, at all. The only thing that might make people wake up to their idiocy is when their loved ones start dying because the people they voted into power make their lives appreciably worse. Granted, they'll probably continue to gobble up the GOP excuses as to why it's the Clinton family's fault that their healthcare options suddenly got way, way shittier.

I completely agree.

I was thinking the same thing.  Paul Ryan doesn't give a excrement if Trump and Turtle look bad.  At this point he knows that his job could be on the line in 2018.  If he shows he has the muscle to push this excrement out of the house, knowing full well that it is a horrific piece of legislation that will never pass the senate, he still gets a gold star.

My supposition is worse than that. Pushing it through, specifically with the intention of it failing is manipulative. Blaming Senate Democrats for the bill failing is a bid for even more unrestrained power when, come midterms, they can point at the left and say "See? We tried to do our jobs but they fillibuster everything. Get rid of them and we'll get to work!"

So essentially it is the same useless drivel and  waste of time and taxpayer money that the House controlled by the American Nazi Tea Party rammed through around 82 times in the past 7 years only to die in the US Senate where sanity still prevails

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I really wish you'd stop with the name calling. You're a decent poster but you get excrement on because you use 3rd grade tactics to make your point.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2191 on: May 04, 2017, 11:45:05 AM »
I really wish you'd stop with the name calling. You're a decent poster but you get excrement on because you use 3rd grade tactics to make your point.

Amen. A little politeness goes a long way.

Although Tommyanne remains hilarious.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2192 on: May 04, 2017, 11:47:48 AM »
Amen. A little politeness goes a long way.

Although Tommyanne remains hilarious.

Yeah, not gonna lie, that's gold.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2193 on: May 04, 2017, 12:22:06 PM »
My supposition is worse than that. Pushing it through, specifically with the intention of it failing is manipulative. Blaming Senate Democrats for the bill failing is a bid for even more unrestrained power when, come midterms, they can point at the left and say "See? We tried to do our jobs but they fillibuster everything. Get rid of them and we'll get to work!"
The thing is, a filibuster will not be needed in the senate.  There are 2-4 republicans that want nothing to do with this.  Maybe more.  The adult table sees the impact this could have in 2018.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 12:24:26 PM by Fenwyr »

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2194 on: May 04, 2017, 12:22:36 PM »
Next POTUS!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 12:25:07 PM by Fenwyr »

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2195 on: May 04, 2017, 03:42:45 PM »
Well, it must be a proud day for the handful of righties on the board.  The first step towards tens of millions of people losing insurance and tens of thousands dying is complete.  Feel free to suck each others dicks.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2196 on: May 04, 2017, 03:44:49 PM »
Well, it must be a proud day for the handful of righties on the board.  The first step towards tens of millions of people losing insurance and tens of thousands dying is complete.  Feel free to suck each others dicks.

I don't think it will pass, I wouldn't start worrying just yet.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2197 on: May 04, 2017, 04:36:10 PM »
I don't think it will pass, I wouldn't start worrying just yet.
No, that garbage won't pass anything else as written.  Not worried at all.  Just awestruck at the hypocricy and retardation.

The Pro-Fetus party got a little victory, which annoys me.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2198 on: May 04, 2017, 04:48:05 PM »
No, that garbage won't pass anything else as written.  Not worried at all.  Just awestruck at the hypocricy and retardation.

The Pro-Fetus party got a little victory, which annoys me.

Yeah they hate all that isn't a wealthy WASP.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2199 on: May 04, 2017, 08:51:41 PM »
THE AMERICAN HEALTH CARE ACT, which squeaked through the House of Representatives on Thursday, is terrible for many Americans in many ways. But what’s gotten almost no attention is the horrendous effect it could have on Americans in nursing homes.

Daniel Webster, a Republican representative from the 11th Congressional District in central Florida, acknowledged this when he announced he would vote for the AHCA.

“I have been very concerned about Florida’s Medicaid-funded nursing home beds,” Webster said. “These are critical to the access some of our senior population has to our nursing homes.”

Webster explained he was only willing to vote yes because President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and the House of Representatives’ GOP leadership promised that they would find some way to deal with the potential disaster created by the bill. It will now go to the Senate, and if some version of it is passed there, will then have to be reconciled with the House bill for a final vote.

https://theintercept.com/2017/05/04/house-gop-just-voted-to-slash-medicaid-which-pays-for-60-percent-of-people-in-nursing-homes/

There you have it. He knows it will be disastrous but voted for it because his bois promised they'd figure something out.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2200 on: May 04, 2017, 08:56:19 PM »
Meh we haven't had too many decent President's in my lifetime. They pretty much all have sucked.

This is my opinion on politics, in summary. This is the most desirable, most powerful job on the planet and we continually nominate assholes to occupy the postion. For real, the grading curve for politicians is "well at least he/she isn't as big of an poopchute as this person". We can't do better?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2201 on: May 04, 2017, 09:10:21 PM »
This is my opinion on politics, in summary. This is the most desirable, most powerful job on the planet and we continually nominate assholes to occupy the postion. For real, the grading curve for politicians is "well at least he/she isn't as big of an poopchute as this person". We can't do better?
We, the voters, are to blame.  Good, honest people get picked apart in politics.  You have to be a liar or bend the truth to be a good politician.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2202 on: May 04, 2017, 09:11:54 PM »
Good, honest people get picked apart in politics.

*looks at every SFD and dcm post about Sanders*

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2203 on: May 04, 2017, 09:24:50 PM »
*looks at every SFD and dcm post about Sanders*

Yeah except sanders is a 1%er masquerading as a hippie liberal, not a good person, nice try though.

And it hurt my feelings that you put me in the same category as dcm, I deserve it though.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2204 on: May 04, 2017, 09:28:52 PM »
Even though Ive poked a lot of fun at him, I'm pretty sure I'm on the record that I'm positive he would have won the last election in a landslide. And I would have preferred him to Hillary no matter my opinions on his platform. I've also poked fun at the DNC to ruffle feathers, but if I was a Sanders supporter I would pretty upset with and disillusioned with the DNC.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 09:33:23 PM by SixFeetDeep »

Tags: