Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645568 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2175 on: May 03, 2017, 07:08:08 PM »
Looks like new health care bill will pass in the House tomorrow.  Probably?  They say they have the votes but who the hell knows....

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/03/house-set-to-vote-on-gop-obamacare-replacement-bill-on-thursday-nbc-news.html

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2176 on: May 03, 2017, 09:52:28 PM »
Thank god I live in a civilized nation.

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2177 on: May 03, 2017, 10:37:39 PM »
Looks like new health care bill will pass in the House tomorrow.  Probably?  They say they have the votes but who the hell knows....

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/03/house-set-to-vote-on-gop-obamacare-replacement-bill-on-thursday-nbc-news.html
Not really worried much

TrumpCareDestroyal has considerably less than zero chance of gaining Senate approval

Just like the other 92 times the last 7 years that the House controlled by the American Nazi Party passed repeal of the ACA

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2178 on: May 03, 2017, 11:04:38 PM »
I think it's a fantastic idea. The sooner Obamacare gets repealed, the sooner Trump supporters start dying. Get this excrement on the road and let's get the 2018 midterm campaigns rolling.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2179 on: May 04, 2017, 09:41:19 AM »
I think it's a fantastic idea. The sooner Obamacare gets repealed, the sooner Trump supporters start dying. Get this excrement on the road and let's get the 2018 midterm campaigns rolling.

Jokes aside (and the fact that a lot of innocent people will probably die in the meantime) I think the best possible thing for the US is for the ACA to be repealed. It will shine a spotlight on just how little the GOP think of their constituents.

It's amazing to me that people on the right still support this group of sociopaths who 1) have been admitting for the last 24 hours that they haven't even read the bill they're planning to push through and 2) built in protections that exempt them from suffering the losses introduced by the bill.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #2180 on: May 04, 2017, 10:23:42 AM »
I wish we could just have a normal healthcare system like the rest of the civilized world. Will it ever happen? I don't know

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2181 on: May 04, 2017, 10:28:43 AM »
A Republican Congressman from Maine is flying home due to a family medical emergency. But he's doing everything in his power to get back in time to cast his vote.

You can't make this excrement up.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2182 on: May 04, 2017, 10:44:22 AM »
The wealthy, and maybe Bruce Willis from Unbreakable, will love this bill.

Republicans are cruel motherfuckers.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2183 on: May 04, 2017, 10:48:47 AM »
The irony is that the people they trotted out to say how bad the ACA was for them, would be dead under this bill.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #2184 on: May 04, 2017, 10:52:02 AM »
The Republicans took an already shitty bill in the ACA and thought to themselves "how can we take this and make it even worse." I wasn't sure it was possible, but congratulations to them

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2185 on: May 04, 2017, 11:02:16 AM »
They must have the votes to pass this thing, because I can't imagine the egg on all of their faces if it fails again. 

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2186 on: May 04, 2017, 11:14:08 AM »
They must have the votes to pass this thing, because I can't imagine the egg on all of their faces if it fails again. 

The thing about it is I think they have the votes in the House to pass it, but they know it won't get through the Senate.

They're passing a bill that they know is terrible for Americans because they know it won't ever become law, but in the Senate they can point the blame for its failure at Democrats and say "See? No matter what we do, they've become the 'Party of No' now."

Either they're coldly calculating and manipulating their constituency, or they really do believe in what they're doing and are just truly oligarchic sociopaths. I honestly don't know which is true.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2187 on: May 04, 2017, 11:18:44 AM »
Jokes aside (and the fact that a lot of innocent people will probably die in the meantime) I think the best possible thing for the US is for the ACA to be repealed. It will shine a spotlight on just how little the GOP think of their constituents.

It's amazing to me that people on the right still support this group of sociopaths who 1) have been admitting for the last 24 hours that they haven't even read the bill they're planning to push through and 2) built in protections that exempt them from suffering the losses introduced by the bill.

I wasn't actually joking, at all. The only thing that might make people wake up to their idiocy is when their loved ones start dying because the people they voted into power make their lives appreciably worse. Granted, they'll probably continue to gobble up the GOP excuses as to why it's the Clinton family's fault that their healthcare options suddenly got way, way shittier.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2188 on: May 04, 2017, 11:23:55 AM »
The thing about it is I think they have the votes in the House to pass it, but they know it won't get through the Senate.

They're passing a bill that they know is terrible for Americans because they know it won't ever become law, but in the Senate they can point the blame for its failure at Democrats and say "See? No matter what we do, they've become the 'Party of No' now."

Either they're coldly calculating and manipulating their constituency, or they really do believe in what they're doing and are just truly oligarchic sociopaths. I honestly don't know which is true.
I was thinking the same thing.  Paul Ryan doesn't give a excrement if Trump and Turtle look bad.  At this point he knows that his job could be on the line in 2018.  If he shows he has the muscle to push this excrement out of the house, knowing full well that it is a horrific piece of legislation that will never pass the senate, he still gets a gold star.

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2189 on: May 04, 2017, 11:24:18 AM »

So essentially it is the same useless drivel and  waste of time and taxpayer money that the House controlled by the American Nazi Tea Party rammed through around 82 times in the past 7 years only to die in the US Senate where sanity still prevails

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Tags: