Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644945 times)

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2160 on: May 02, 2017, 10:55:16 AM »
Benghazi and emails were nonsense but the American Nazi Party wasted millions investigating

Putin's Puppet and the rest of his party treasonous collusion is nothing to care about according to his loyal spox Tommyanne

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

It was all orchestrated by Rancid Preibus.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2161 on: May 02, 2017, 11:09:41 AM »
It was a combo plan.  The former commies from Russia and the current commie from VT were a championship tag team successfully destroying the USA

As if you wouldn't have gladly voted for Sanders in the general.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2162 on: May 02, 2017, 11:57:43 AM »
No.

Wrong.

LOL
I can play that game.

Do a little research.  Or do better than 'no'.

75% of citizens in border states don't want a wall.  Theirs reps won't vote for.  $0 in the new budget for it.  Good luck.

Explain in detail how the proposed tax plan is anything but a cash grab for the wealthy.  'Lol' doesn't cut it here.  Avoid the landmines.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2163 on: May 02, 2017, 12:16:11 PM »
I can play that game.

Do a little research.  Or do better than 'no'.

75% of citizens in border states don't want a wall.  Theirs reps won't vote for.  $0 in the new budget for it.  Good luck.

Explain in detail how the proposed tax plan is anything but a cash grab for the wealthy.  'Lol' doesn't cut it here.  Avoid the landmines.

We went over this before. I'm not getting into it again. If you want my response, go back a few pages. Your only argument was that the rich will declare themselves as LLCs and avoid paying income taxes. That's absurd. The majority of deductions will be removed, so this would more-or-less be a flat tax, and most of the deductions will benefit the lower and middle class than the rich. The rich will benefit through lowered capital gains taxes, which is where most of their income comes from anyway, and the lower corporate tax rate will help many struggling businesses. Not every company is a Trump Organization or an Exxon.

I read the current tax code. I read Trump's proposal. I used my own knowledge of corporate finance and accounting to determine the benefits of this plan. You probably didn't bother to do any of that and just read someone's blog that spun that ridiculous conspiracy that Trump's tax plan was written to only benefit himself and his friends. You're smarter than that, but you're stuck in this weird anti-corporate anti-rich bubble that's made out of iron that you simply will never break free from. I can spend hours talking about this, but your mind will never change. To change your mind, or to even see the other point of view, or hell even the facts would require you to change who you are. That ain't happening, so I'm no longer going to bother. As evidenced with this post, you took nothing from our previous conversation about the tax plan, and just reverted back to your old wildly ridiculous theories.

Have fun with that.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2164 on: May 02, 2017, 01:42:52 PM »
I'm an idiot, I was thinking you were talking about Trump's wife. I was reading a different post.

You moron butthole.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2165 on: May 02, 2017, 02:28:52 PM »
We went over this before. I'm not getting into it again. If you want my response, go back a few pages. Your only argument was that the rich will declare themselves as LLCs and avoid paying income taxes. That's absurd. The majority of deductions will be removed, so this would more-or-less be a flat tax, and most of the deductions will benefit the lower and middle class than the rich. The rich will benefit through lowered capital gains taxes, which is where most of their income comes from anyway, and the lower corporate tax rate will help many struggling businesses. Not every company is a Trump Organization or an Exxon.

I read the current tax code. I read Trump's proposal. I used my own knowledge of corporate finance and accounting to determine the benefits of this plan. You probably didn't bother to do any of that and just read someone's blog that spun that ridiculous conspiracy that Trump's tax plan was written to only benefit himself and his friends. You're smarter than that, but you're stuck in this weird anti-corporate anti-rich bubble that's made out of iron that you simply will never break free from. I can spend hours talking about this, but your mind will never change. To change your mind, or to even see the other point of view, or hell even the facts would require you to change who you are. That ain't happening, so I'm no longer going to bother. As evidenced with this post, you took nothing from our previous conversation about the tax plan, and just reverted back to your old wildly ridiculous theories.

Have fun with that.
I don't read blogs.  I do my own research.  I look at historical data.  I am a numbers guy by trade.

The wolf in sheeps clothing is the doubling of the standard deduction.  That gave me pause.  Shocker, the earned income tax credit is gone.  Zero sum game for the lower class.  But I am honest enough to admit it helps the lower middle class.

The deductions that go away hurt the middle class and upper class equally, but they don't have the same buying power and resources.  The middle class takes this one on the chin.

And yes, the wealthy can store money in phony LLCs.  But the worst part is that deffered interest isn't going away, even though Trump promised it would, so wealthy investors can still pay all their income at 15%.

15% corporate tax is the lol craziest part of this.  That money will not go to new jobs or higher wages.  There is no money in that for the shareholders.  They will either buy other companies or buy stock in their own company to drive up the price.

Independant accounting sources have said this tax cut for the wealthy will cost from 1 to 6 trillion dollars in debt over the next 10 years.

Trickle down economics doesn't work.  30 years of history show that it doesn't create jobs, doesn't increase wages for anybody outside of upper management, and by no means whatsoever does it encourage reinvestment into the company.  Shareholders despise that.

Standard republican bullshit.  We're rich and want to be richer.  freak everyone else.

And don't get me started on the new healthcare bill.  We're rich and can afford healthcare.  freak everyone else.

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2166 on: May 02, 2017, 03:25:27 PM »
Just more trickle down GOP nonsense.

Reagan version failed beyond belief

And Bush Jr version nearly sunk the Nation into a catastrophic depression. Fortunately Obama saved America from it.

Now along comes a jerk who, unlike Reagan and Bush Jr is 1)an ignoramus and 2) a treasonous Putin tool and his version makes the prior two saviors of the middle class

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #2167 on: May 02, 2017, 06:48:21 PM »
Bush Jr was definitely an ignoramus

Amazing how trump's ineptitude is re-writing history about what type of president bush was, surely only a feat somebody like trump could accomplish

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2168 on: May 02, 2017, 10:01:05 PM »
Meh we haven't had too many decent President's in my lifetime. They pretty much all have sucked.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2169 on: May 03, 2017, 12:25:58 AM »
Meh we haven't had too many decent President's in my lifetime. They pretty much all have sucked.

I got Bush 1-2, Clnton, 'Bama, Trump.

I am the Cleveland Browns of Presidents during my lifetime.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2170 on: May 03, 2017, 05:23:27 AM »
I don't think it's possible to be a good president anymore. Not with the media and Congress.  You either do nothing right or do nothing at all.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2171 on: May 03, 2017, 01:51:49 PM »
Truly "good" Presidents are rare. How many can universally be hailed as good without dispute? Washington and who else? I can't think of another President that some believe were great that others don't have something negative to say about. That's the price of the job.

The question is: do they bring anything to the table? Reagan led us through the Cold War. Bush I led us through Desert Storm and his son through 9/11. Clinton and Obama were fantastic orators. Trump has nothing. He can't speak well, and his policies satisfy no one.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2172 on: May 03, 2017, 02:37:39 PM »
Truly "good" Presidents are rare. How many can universally be hailed as good without dispute? Washington and who else? I can't think of another President that some believe were great that others don't have something negative to say about. That's the price of the job.

The question is: do they bring anything to the table? Reagan led us through the Cold War. Bush I led us through Desert Storm and his son through 9/11. Clinton and Obama were fantastic orators. Trump has nothing. He can't speak well, and his policies satisfy no one.

I don't get why people are so enamored with good orators. All that matters is their policies.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2173 on: May 03, 2017, 02:39:36 PM »
I don't get why people are so enamored with good orators. All that matters is their policies.
Trump's policies are also terrible. Or subject to change depending on whom he spoke to last.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2174 on: May 03, 2017, 02:50:48 PM »

I think the opposite.

A President's policies are largely inconsequential apart from his military leadership. Everything else has to snake through Congress and multiple committees long before he gets to put his Hancock on the paper.

The POTUS is the physical representation of our nation and the front facing dignitary to the outside world. He's also responsible for making speeches directly to the country--requiring solid oratory skills.

And the only reason I left Clinton and Obama at their oration is because I didn't want to have to deal with nonsense that neither was a "good" president. They both oversaw major economic recoveries (that the right will always claim was a product of their side's work), and they both had significant military action against enemies in the Middle East. Hell, Obama and Hillary directly oversaw the execution of this country's most wanted enemy and they still can't get any due credit.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tags: