Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 644519 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2145 on: May 01, 2017, 09:31:27 PM »
I don't have one single problem with this. He's entitled to it, he put up with more than enough of his fair share of bullshit while he was doing his job. I would take it. You would take it. I just don't think you can stand on the Bernie sanders side
of things anymore when you're accepting these type of checks from these types of people.  Then you're no better than Hillary (who I believe he slammed during his 2008 campaign for doing such things).

The article isn't necessarily saying it's a bad thing, but just countering the argument that everyone else did it so he should too.

To be fair, it is different than what Clinton did because Obama won't be running for president in the future. So it's just a cash grab with no strings attached. He doesn't owe them anything.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2146 on: May 02, 2017, 12:27:51 AM »
The article isn't necessarily saying it's a bad thing, but just countering the argument that everyone else did it so he should too.

To be fair, it is different than what Clinton did because Obama won't be running for president in the future. So it's just a cash grab with no strings attached. He doesn't owe them anything.
Let's be clear.  The Obama's have made it clear that this is not a cash grab.  If he takes 400k from wall street, 400k will be donated to fight assholes on wall street.

If he fails to do that, this becomes a conversation.

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2147 on: May 02, 2017, 01:39:04 AM »
"(CNN) Sen. Bernie Sanders believes former President Barack Obama's plan to receive $400,000 for speaking at a September Wall Street health conference is "distasteful," The Vermont Independent reported Friday.

Speaking with CNN's Suzanne Malveaux, Sanders labeled the transaction "not a good idea" and said he was "sorry President Obama made that choice."

"I just think it does not look good," Sanders said. "I just think it is distasteful -- not a good idea that he did that.

"Look, Barack Obama is a friend of mine, and I think he and his family represented us for eight years with dignity and intelligence," Sanders said. "But I think at a time when we have so much income and wealth inequality ... I think it just does not look good."

#Berned
But I assume his wife's thefts and other illegal acts are not "distasteful" to the clown who gave us Trump

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2148 on: May 02, 2017, 06:24:14 AM »
But I assume his wife's thefts and other illegal acts are not "distasteful" to the clown who gave us Trump

I thought Russia gave us Trump. Get your conspiracies straight or admit Clinton royally fucked up the election.

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2149 on: May 02, 2017, 07:37:43 AM »
I thought Russia gave us Trump. Get your conspiracies straight or admit Clinton royally fucked up the election.
It was a combo plan.  The former commies from Russia and the current commie from VT were a championship tag team successfully destroying the USA

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2150 on: May 02, 2017, 08:05:43 AM »

Did his wife steal some excrement from the White House snack bar or something?  Haven't heard of her stealing stuff.  Did she steal your heart?

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2151 on: May 02, 2017, 09:51:39 AM »
Okay, we really need to stop with the Russia conspiracy. It's turning into the 911 conspiracy crap I had to deal with for years. If Trump and his associates wanted to hack the DNC, why in the blue freak would they ask Russia to do it? I'm sure they could have afforded their own hackers. It just doesn't make any sense to involve a rival country and its leadership to "help" them win the election.

Hillary was an awful candidate, and she messed up. Trump was the outsider that got people who wouldn't otherwise vote to vote. They also concentrated their efforts on districts that they were most likely to win, whereas Clinton spent a ton of time in areas that would vote Democrat no matter what.

The DNC was excrement, Hillary's campaign was excrement, Russia obviously tried to influence the election, but this talk of collusion is absurd. I have no doubt that both campaigns tried to find ways to screw the other, but the idea of involving another country, especially a country like Russia, is way beyond nutty conspiracy level excrement.

Trump may very well be a terrible President, but enough of this "Trump is Putin's puppet" excrement. Be realistic. This is the real world, not some Tom Clancy novel.
"Wrong!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2152 on: May 02, 2017, 10:11:22 AM »
Trump may very well be a terrible President

Oh excrement, he's finally cracking
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2153 on: May 02, 2017, 10:16:31 AM »
Oh excrement, he's finally cracking

Although I'm giving him a chance, he hasn't really done anything yet to make me think otherwise. Renegotiating NAFTA, beefing up border security and getting the wall built, and passing his tax cut plan are the main reasons why I voted for him. If he gets those done, then great. If not then I won't be voting for him if he decides to run for re-election (which I highly doubt he will).
"Wrong!"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2154 on: May 02, 2017, 10:35:22 AM »
Tommy, we had to deal with years of Bengazi and emails.  Suck it up.

Those were investigations into wilful ignorance.

The Russia investigations are twofold.  We already know just about the entire cabinet had contact with Russia.  We already know that Russia took measures to help Trump win the election.  The logical next step, mostly because everyone seemed to lie about it, is whether there was collusion.

If half this stuff had happened, but it was Hillary, impeachment proceedings would already be well underway.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2155 on: May 02, 2017, 10:40:16 AM »

Although I'm giving him a chance, he hasn't really done anything yet to make me think otherwise. Renegotiating NAFTA, beefing up border security and getting the wall built, and passing his tax cut plan are the main reasons why I voted for him. If he gets those done, then great. If not then I won't be voting for him if he decides to run for re-election (which I highly doubt he will).

He already got bitch slapped by NAFTA.  The wall is never going to be built.  His proposed tax reform bill would kill the middle class and add trillions to the deficit over 10 years.

The fact that those are the reasons you voted for him...  Really, a border wall? 

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2156 on: May 02, 2017, 10:49:00 AM »
Benghazi and emails were nonsense but the American Nazi Party wasted millions investigating

Putin's Puppet and the rest of his party treasonous collusion is nothing to care about according to his loyal spox Tommyanne

« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 10:51:34 AM by sg3 »

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2157 on: May 02, 2017, 10:50:22 AM »
Did his wife steal some excrement from the White House snack bar or something?  Haven't heard of her stealing stuff.  Did she steal your heart?
Look it up.

Sanders Wife corruption

Easy for even you to find

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2158 on: May 02, 2017, 10:54:39 AM »

He already got bitch slapped by NAFTA.

No.

The wall is never going to be built.

Wrong.

His proposed tax reform bill would kill the middle class and add trillions to the deficit over 10 years.

LOL
"Wrong!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2159 on: May 02, 2017, 10:55:02 AM »
Look it up.

Sanders Wife corruption

Easy for even you to find

I'm an idiot, I was thinking you were talking about Trump's wife. I was reading a different post.

Tags: