Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645175 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2085 on: April 25, 2017, 07:18:41 PM »
that's always been a perk of being an ex President, speeches and speaking tour commands ridiculous money.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2086 on: April 25, 2017, 07:22:49 PM »
that's always been a perk of being an ex President, speeches and speaking tour commands ridiculous money.

its probably how they wash all the under the table money lol. pass this and then in a few years come to our "speaking engagement" for  1 mil per hour lol

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #2087 on: April 25, 2017, 07:24:18 PM »
"The Hill — Former President Barack Obama has agreed to speak at a Wall Street conference for $400,000, according to a new report.

The former president’s reported speaking fee is nearly twice the price commanded by Hillary Clinton, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee."

what are they trying to say here? are they trying to drum up outrage vs obama since hillary got a lot of criticism for being paid well to speak to wall street too?

the difference is that hillary was actively running for a campaign to be the lead executive of this country at the time she was paid those amounts to speak to wall street, and obama is a former president who isn't doing anything else. not comparable, no point in that last sentence whatsoever but they bring it up anyways

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2088 on: April 25, 2017, 07:28:32 PM »
If an IB wanted to lure institutions to one of their events or conferences, I can understand paying Obama that much. But I'll still never understand how Hillary got so much.
"Wrong!"

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2089 on: April 25, 2017, 07:30:52 PM »
what are they trying to say here? are they trying to drum up outrage vs obama since hillary got a lot of criticism for being paid well to speak to wall street too?

the difference is that hillary was actively running for a campaign to be the lead executive of this country at the time she was paid those amounts to speak to wall street, and obama is a former president who isn't doing anything else. not comparable, no point in that last sentence whatsoever but they bring it up anyways

Believe me, people who attend these conferences aren't interested in the slightest about what either actually says. They're basically just a name to get people to show up.
"Wrong!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2090 on: April 26, 2017, 12:55:33 PM »
Believe me, people who attend these conferences aren't interested in the slightest about what either actually says. They're basically just a name to get people to show up.

Exactly, and it answers your question about why Hillary could get so much to speak. She's a former First Lady, Senator, and Sec. of State. Like her or not, that's a more impressive resume than most people will ever have.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #2091 on: April 26, 2017, 03:16:36 PM »
Exactly, and it answers your question about why Hillary could get so much to speak. She's a former First Lady, Senator, and Sec. of State. Like her or not, that's a more impressive resume than most people will ever have.

I can dig it, she's getting paid more than me because she's fucked way more interesting people than me. I can't argue with that logic.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2092 on: April 26, 2017, 03:18:40 PM »
I can dig it, she's getting paid more than me because she's fucked way more interesting people than me. I can't argue with that logic.

Well, you both freak guys, so.......Well, maybe she doesn't.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2093 on: April 26, 2017, 09:49:55 PM »

Yeah but she's an uninteresting horrible human being so I would not pay anything to hear her talk. I would pay money to avoid going to one of her speeches
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2094 on: April 27, 2017, 08:50:25 AM »
Yeah but she's an uninteresting horrible human being so I would not pay anything to hear her talk. I would pay money to avoid going to one of her speeches

You understand that the blue is completely your subjective opinion, and the red is certainly your prerogative, right?

Neither means she wouldn't be a good "get" as a guest speaker. I've sat through many a speech where I didn't like the speaker. That doesn't mean others in attendance felt the same.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2095 on: April 27, 2017, 08:52:59 AM »
A few years ago, at our annual Global Conference attended by a few thousand staff, partners and major customers, the speaker that we had hired to talk about future markets spent at least half of his hour long spot eulogising the Koch Brothers and everything that they have achieved. There were some pretty uncomfortable people in that room.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #2096 on: April 27, 2017, 08:54:15 AM »
You understand that the blue is completely your subjective opinion, and the red is certainly your prerogative, right?

Neither means she wouldn't be a good "get" as a guest speaker. I've sat through many a speech where I didn't like the speaker. That doesn't mean others in attendance felt the same.

Lol guest speaker, I love that term. I frequently have house guests that are paid $1 million an hour to talk excrement to me.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #2097 on: April 27, 2017, 08:55:04 AM »
A few years ago, at our annual Global Conference attended by a few thousand staff, partners and major customers, the speaker that we had hired to talk about future markets spent at least half of his hour long spot eulogising the Koch Brothers and everything that they have achieved. There were some pretty uncomfortable people in that room.

Did Herr Speaker goose step up to the podium?

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2098 on: April 27, 2017, 08:56:51 AM »
On a different note, Trump is going to give a big tax break to the nation's richest. freak the rest of us as well as the national debt.

Also, the FCC is going to gut Net Neutrality. This nonsense that it will create competition would be laughable if it weren't so awful. All it's going to do is cost jobs when smaller startups can't get an even footing on the carrier pipes while the biggest content producers pay more (and pass the costs to the consumer) to push their traffic.

Oh, and for good measure, Trump is trying to get national monument designations removed from things like sequoia trees.

Has anyone heard the results of the briefing the White House gave Senators yesterday regarding North Korea?

freak everything about this administration.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2099 on: April 27, 2017, 08:58:52 AM »
Lol guest speaker, I love that term. I frequently have house guests that are paid $1 million an hour to talk excrement to me.

Honestly, I can't think of any speaker I've sat through that I honestly felt was worth the time spent, but I've come out of speeches where people were raving about it. So it certainly caters to some people.

Tags: