Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645369 times)

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #2055 on: April 12, 2017, 12:39:32 AM »
From a business and economic standpoint I'm not sure how free tuition for state and city colleges will work. Either schools will get overcrowded and the student to teacher ratio rises significantly, or they increase admission standards. But if they do that, they will have to justify it by providing top professors and facilities. Those don't come cheap. Should just give out more academic based grants.
You are assuming that SUNY accepts everyone.  They don't.  Why in the hell would they care where the money comes from when they are already turning people away?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2056 on: April 12, 2017, 12:46:05 AM »
I don't think this matters. So what?

The bigger issue will be that this is a massive entitlement for the highest tax state in the country which has already become difficult for many people to afford.

And college graduates already can't get jobs, so I'm not sure how this is going to generate a return on investment (it won't)

Hopefully there's at least some sort of stipulation forcing the schools to enlist a certain percentage of students who will have useful degrees and actually contribute to society

The other potential issue, is this will make state schools exponentially make difficult to get in. So won't this program make it more difficult for the underprivileged to get into, thus forcing them to go to private schools or out of state screwing them? Because presumably since they're underprivileged they'll lack the resources to be as competitive as others (or so the left tells us), making it all the harder. Not sure how that will play out
You should probably just choke on your own tongue for about 10 years.  I applaud the effort, but you kill brain cells with every post.

Research, like anything.  Learn something.  Maybe then you can sit at the adult table.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2057 on: April 12, 2017, 11:07:30 AM »
You should probably just choke on your own tongue for about 10 years.  I applaud the effort, but you kill brain cells with every post.

Research, like anything.  Learn something.  Maybe then you can sit at the adult table.

Please explain

Spending hundreds of millions won't raise taxes?

Raising admission standards won't make it harder for lesser privileged people to get in?

And complaining about people either worthless degrees will always be an issue with expensive education.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #2058 on: April 12, 2017, 11:15:09 AM »
Please explain

Spending hundreds of millions won't raise taxes?

Raising admission standards won't make it harder for lesser privileged people to get in?

And complaining about people either worthless degrees will always be an issue with expensive education.

Haven't you been reading Fen's posts? All we have to do is cut defense spending in half. Problem solved!
"Wrong!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2059 on: April 12, 2017, 11:20:01 AM »
Haven't you been reading Fen's posts? All we have to do is cut defense spending in half. Problem solved!

No it's. FACT if we cut defense spending it would guarantee world peace and save the whales.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2060 on: April 18, 2017, 03:08:01 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/18/new-details-emerge-in-theft-ga-voting-machines.html

Key electronic voter logs used in the Georgia special election to fill a vacant Congressional seat were swiped from the pickup truck of a poll worker during a grocery run, according to a police report obtained by Fox News.

Bahaha.  "Honey I'm gon run by the Quik Pik to get some PBR and Doritos.  I'm gon drop off dem gat dayum voter machine doohickeys later."

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #2061 on: April 20, 2017, 03:26:58 PM »
The latest exxon mobile request to bypass sanctions and make Putin billions...

I'm not sure how much more needs to be said.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2062 on: April 20, 2017, 04:55:14 PM »
"I really am amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific can issue an order that stops the president."

I really am amazed we allowed someone from Alabama to be in charge of something larger than a Dairy Queen.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2063 on: April 20, 2017, 04:56:03 PM »
"I really am amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific can issue an order that stops the president."

I really am amazed we allowed someone from Alabama to be in charge of something larger than a Dairy Queen.

Both things can be true.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2064 on: April 20, 2017, 05:35:55 PM »

So, uh, is Hawaii somehow less of a state? "Yes, you can be part of America but only so we can come and enjoy your beaches and park our aircraft carriers there without having to go to the trouble of getting a passport. Don't for one moment kid yourself that you're as important as us."
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2065 on: April 21, 2017, 10:31:03 AM »
Dow Chemical has basically said, "Look, we stuffed the Trump campaign with a million dollars, now make science that hurts our business go away."
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2066 on: April 21, 2017, 11:21:23 AM »
Dow Chemical has basically said, "Look, we stuffed the Trump campaign with a million dollars, now make science that hurts our business go away."
Dow Chemical is the 50th state.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2067 on: April 21, 2017, 11:46:57 AM »

I'd trade South Dakota for it (who the freak needs TWO Dakotas?) but I'm keeping Hawaii.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2068 on: April 21, 2017, 12:03:20 PM »

The Chairman of Dow Chemical wouldn't overrule an executive order, so in many ways they're more of a state than Hawaii.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #2069 on: April 21, 2017, 12:04:30 PM »
I'd trade South Dakota for it (who the freak needs TWO Dakotas?) but I'm keeping Hawaii.

Nah brah, South Dakota's the good one, it's got Mount Rushhmore. North Dakota's the one you ditch.

Tags: