Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645034 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1965 on: April 04, 2017, 08:39:21 PM »
You're right.  Facts make facts fact.  Feel free to lookup any independant survey that proves me wrong on those points.

I know plenty of self serving politicians exist on both sides, but one side tries to double down on the self serving with actual legislation.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Yeah but they dont say the complete story. For example the majority of Americans do think there should be free college education. But they also dont think that it shouldnt increase federal taxes. And they also dont support loan forgiveness. So please explain to me what the freak that means ? Its like saying the majority of Americans support universal healthcare, if taxes go down and the quality increases and wait time decreases for healthcare.

These unrealistic make believe scenarios dont mean anything,

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1966 on: April 04, 2017, 09:17:51 PM »
Yeah but they dont say the complete story. For example the majority of Americans do think there should be free college education. But they also dont think that it shouldnt increase federal taxes. And they also dont support loan forgiveness. So please explain to me what the freak that means ? Its like saying the majority of Americans support universal healthcare, if taxes go down and the quality increases and wait time decreases for healthcare.

They don't believe it should increase their federal taxes.

And your position assumes that there's nowhere else to find additional money than tax increases.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1967 on: April 04, 2017, 09:24:10 PM »
They don't believe it should increase their federal taxes.

And your position assumes that there's nowhere else to find additional money than tax increases.

Considering we have an near insurmountable debt, id say thats a reasonable opinion

And tax hikes effect us all, well all those who pay taxes

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1968 on: April 04, 2017, 09:26:01 PM »
Considering we have an near insurmountable debt, id say thats a reasonable opinion

Maybe if you had a greater percentage of the population with more education and less student debt you'd not have to worry so much about IT companies importing skills from overseas, but the problem with educated people is that they're less likely to buy guns and vote Republican so I can see why that would be an issue for your preferred rulers.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1969 on: April 04, 2017, 09:35:54 PM »
Maybe if you had a greater percentage of the population with more education and less student debt you'd not have to worry so much about IT companies importing skills from overseas, but the problem with educated people is that they're less likely to buy guns and vote Republican so I can see why that would be an issue for your preferred rulers.

Or maybe if more people with student debt got degrees they could get jobs with, they could pay off their student debt. The current biggest problem isnt the debt, its the debt with a worthless freaking degree that doesnt help you pay it off

Right now most college grads cant get a job, how is increasing that number going to help that fact ?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 09:38:20 PM by dcm1602 »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1970 on: April 04, 2017, 09:40:56 PM »
Also you realize how obnoxious and ignorant you look when you make a generalization about uneducated voters being republican. You do realize that both parties strongest voting blocs are ignorant uneducated people

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1971 on: April 04, 2017, 09:51:51 PM »
Or maybe if more people with student debt got degrees they could get jobs with, they could pay off their student debt. The current biggest problem isnt the debt, its the debt with a worthless freaking degree that doesnt help you pay it off

Right now most college grads cant get a job, how is increasing that number going to help that fact ?

Congratulations on completely missing the point. As usual.

It's late and I'm tired and I'm bored of doing this with you. Knock yourself out.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1972 on: April 05, 2017, 12:27:35 AM »

The biggest problem is the debt.

You should put your imaginary economics degree (the one that everyone critical of Sanders has) to good use and figure it out. A marginally employable person with no debt is better for the economy than one with lots of debt, because they'll be spending their money on things that create jobs instead of paying off their crippling debt.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 12:31:18 AM by Badger »

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1973 on: April 05, 2017, 01:23:18 AM »
Now that we're somewhere on the same page I hope you can understand why I'd be annoyed by someone still shitting on him and his supporters across the board nearly half a year later. Not going to win any votes in 2020 if they're still telling people they're sexist for not voting for Clinton.
I would hope you know me a little better than that fam.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1974 on: April 05, 2017, 01:26:28 AM »
Congratulations on completely missing the point. As usual.

It's late and I'm tired and I'm bored of doing this with you. Knock yourself out.
Damnit, you were doing so well.  I'll tag in.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1975 on: April 05, 2017, 01:35:02 AM »

1 out of 5 of the wealthiest corporations get more money back than they owe, the rest pay a marginal percentage of taxes.

Close tax loopholes.

Cut the defense budget in half.  We would still be outspending Russia and China combined.  How many never used tanks do we need to park in a desert graveyard?

I've already paid for eveything progressives want, with a surplus.  I could go on...

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1976 on: April 05, 2017, 01:38:15 AM »

They are not unrealistic in dozens of other democracies around the world.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #1977 on: April 05, 2017, 08:27:24 AM »
1 out of 5 of the wealthiest corporations get more money back than they owe, the rest pay a marginal percentage of taxes.

We should have a rule that you have to source claims such as these.

Close tax loopholes.

Which ones? You can't leave the tax rate the way it and then get rid of all deductions.

Cut the defense budget in half.  We would still be outspending Russia and China combined.  How many never used tanks do we need to park in a desert graveyard?

This is an incredibly simplistic view of the military and how it works. You can't just "cut it in half", especially when over 3 million jobs depend on the U.S armed forces, and not to mention a huge chunk of our military spending is spent on veteran pensions and benefits.

"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1978 on: April 05, 2017, 09:00:50 AM »

This is an incredibly simplistic view of the military and how it works. You can't just "cut it in half", especially when over 3 million jobs depend on the U.S armed forces, and not to mention a huge chunk of our military spending is spent on veteran pensions and benefits.
This is very true. If you're going to cut defense you have to do it judiciously. There's a shitton of pork and the problem is Congressional Quid Pro Quo with defense spending. Good luck getting anything meaningful done here other than killing (not literal) the regular soldier.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:03:55 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1979 on: April 05, 2017, 09:45:54 AM »

We should have a rule that you have to source claims such as these.

Which ones? You can't leave the tax rate the way it and then get rid of all deductions.

I've read that number and heard it quoted enough times.  Feel free to look it up.  I can throw GE in there as an example.

If we had universal health care, we could eliminate the VA for the most part, if not entirely.  A much smaller entity could stick around to cover pensions and other benefits.

As far as emiminating military jobs, so what?  Like coal and other fossil fuel jobs, folks need to transition to the 21st century.

Tags: