Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645124 times)

ons

• Chad Pennington
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1905 on: March 30, 2017, 10:05:24 AM »
You asked about sourcing in your first question?

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant when I wrote, "Also still waiting on that evidence of Obama missing Scalia's funeral because he was golfing."

Also what I meant when I wrote, "I wonder what credible news sources you follow."

Also what I meant when I wrote, " Oh I'm sorry, you're obviously correct that Obama was golfing during Scalia's funeral after this preponderance of evidence."

For someone who has an incredibly discerning eye when it comes to the bias of mass media news outlets, you provide very few of your own sources - and I am genuinely curious how and where you gather your facts that lead you to these types of conclusions.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1906 on: March 30, 2017, 10:15:31 AM »
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant when I wrote, "Also still waiting on that evidence of Obama missing Scalia's funeral because he was golfing."

Also what I meant when I wrote, "I wonder what credible news sources you follow."

Also what I meant when I wrote, " Oh I'm sorry, you're obviously correct that Obama was golfing during Scalia's funeral after this preponderance of evidence."

For someone who has an incredibly discerning eye when it comes to the bias of mass media news outlets, you provide very few of your own sources - and I am genuinely curious how and where you gather your facts that lead you to these types of conclusions.

You're so important to me that I remember posts you made from January.

Amazing you're still hanging onto this when I've repeatedly said that him golfing during the funeral may have been hyperbole. Though again, given the statement made by Josh Earnst (who of course has ALWAYS been obvious and never intentionally deceitful to the media), you don't know he wasn't. Again, your refusal to even acknowledge the horrible optics of a President skipping out on the funeral of a sitting SCOTUS justice and your insistence on focusing on this is telling.

By the way, that second "conclusion" isn't hard to reach considering it's pure unadulterated fact. Or did he not take that eulogy as a way to remind us all that it's easier in this country to obtain a glock them a book?  (see! the former President uses hyperbole too!)

And yes, it's still hilarious that you're going to openly wonder about what type of news I'm consuming while you link the absolute garbage that is Snopes. Snopes is to objective journalism what Tony Pauline is to scouting the draft.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1907 on: March 30, 2017, 10:34:46 AM »
Amazing you're still hanging onto this when I've repeatedly said that him golfing during the funeral may have been hyperbole.
It was notable to me because I had not ever heard the golf story before - I was and remain genuinely curious what type of media outlets report stories like that. And likewise, remain genuinely curious about what media outlets you read.

By the way, that second "conclusion" isn't hard to reach considering it's pure unadulterated fact. Or did he not take that eulogy as a way to remind us all that it's easier in this country to obtain a glock them a book?

Again, I honestly didn't remember which specific speech you're referring to - I neither idolize nor demonize Obama enough to particularly make note of any of his speeches, they're mostly pretty bland window-dressing for trying to get people to work together and be empathetic. It seems like you're referring to this speech.

Claiming that he specifically lectured white people about race relations dramatically oversimplifies that particular eulogy. In the same paragraph as the 'glock' comment, he said "so much of the tensions between police departments and minority communities that they serve is because we ask the police to do too much and we ask too little of ourselves."

and later on:

"Because with an open heart... maybe the teenager will see in the police officer the same words and values and authority of his parents."

and "we cannot match the sacrifices made by Officers Zamarripa and Ahrens, Krol, Smith, and Thompson, but surely we can try to match their sense of service.  We cannot match their courage, but we can strive to match their devotion."

Like many of his speeches, it's a fairly standard call for attempting to create a sense of community and shared empathy.

And yes, it's still hilarious that you're going to openly wonder about what type of news I'm consuming while you link the absolute garbage that is Snopes. Snopes is to objective journalism what Tony Pauline is to scouting the draft.

I don't particularly make a habit of reading Snopes, but it was an easy jumping off point to introduce myself to the golf-Scalia's funeral story - and no particularly controversial fact gathering in that particular summary as far as I could tell.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1908 on: March 30, 2017, 10:42:24 AM »
You're so important to me that I remember posts you made from January.

Amazing you're still hanging onto this when I've repeatedly said that him golfing during the funeral may have been hyperbole. Though again, given the statement made by Josh Earnst (who of course has ALWAYS been obvious and never intentionally deceitful to the media), you don't know he wasn't. Again, your refusal to even acknowledge the horrible optics of a President skipping out on the funeral of a sitting SCOTUS justice and your insistence on focusing on this is telling.

By the way, that second "conclusion" isn't hard to reach considering it's pure unadulterated fact. Or did he not take that eulogy as a way to remind us all that it's easier in this country to obtain a glock them a book?  (see! the former President uses hyperbole too!)

The only thing worse than willful ignorance, is writing huge blocks of excrement to support said ignorance.

On a side note, Paul Ryan needs to be fucked in the face by the strap on from the movie Seven.  Every word out of his mouth is a certifiable lie.

I just cannot wrap my head around voting for people who's entire agenda is tax cuts for the rich.

This republican party would take there own mother off life support for a buck.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1909 on: March 30, 2017, 10:57:25 AM »
The only thing worse than willful ignorance, is writing huge blocks of excrement to support said ignorance.

On a side note, Paul Ryan needs to be fucked in the face by the strap on from the movie Seven.  Every word out of his mouth is a certifiable lie.

I just cannot wrap my head around voting for people who's entire agenda is tax cuts for the rich.

This republican party would take there own mother off life support for a buck.

Aha. Ahaha. Ahahahahaha. That's freaking rich.

When you say ignorance, are you specifically referring to your belief that somehow the Supreme court seat that Gorsuch is about to take was stolen?

Or the belief that we just need all the old white men to die out in this country, like Trump didn't get more minority voters then Romney, or that white women were also in the majority in terms of supporting him instead of Hills. 

Seriously, you're a hack. I at least try to read and listen to "liberal" outlets such as Intercept, Atlantic, Sam Harris etc. I'll repeat it as long as it bares repeating. When it comes to politics you are the derriere-end of every Buzzfeed/Dailykos comments section in existence.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1910 on: March 30, 2017, 11:06:06 AM »
Aha. Ahaha. Ahahahahaha. That's freaking rich.

When you say ignorance, are you specifically referring to your belief that somehow the Supreme court seat that Gorsuch is about to take was stolen?

Or the belief that we just need all the old white men to die out in this country, like Trump didn't get more minority voters then Romney, or that white women were also in the majority in terms of supporting him instead of Hills. 

Seriously, you're a hack. I at least try to read and listen to "liberal" outlets such as Intercept, Atlantic, Sam Harris etc. I'll repeat it as long as it bares repeating. When it comes to politics you are the derriere-end of every Buzzfeed/Dailykos comments section in existence.
Other than the fact I have never heard of most those of those sites.  Umm, OK.  I do not require someone else to form my opinions.

You, however, come off as someone who listens to right wing radio in your car rather than music like the rest of us.  You might not, but where your hate comes from otherwise, I have no idea.

What's your plan sport?  If you were president with a willing congress hanging on your every word, what would be your top 5 moves.

Hell, I'll take 1, since you have never answered a direct question in this thread yet.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1911 on: March 30, 2017, 03:24:52 PM »
Republicans hate womens health.  Nice victory today.  You all must be proud.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1912 on: March 30, 2017, 03:33:26 PM »

Did I miss something?

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1913 on: March 30, 2017, 03:57:04 PM »
Other than the fact I have never heard of most those of those sites.  Umm, OK.  I do not require someone else to form my opinions.

You, however, come off as someone who listens to right wing radio in your car rather than music like the rest of us.  You might not, but where your hate comes from otherwise, I have no idea.

What's your plan sport?  If you were president with a willing congress hanging on your every word, what would be your top 5 moves.

Hell, I'll take 1, since you have never answered a direct question in this thread yet.

I haven't listened to "right wing" radio once in my life, the closest connection I even have to it was listening to a speech at school given by Ron Kuby of all people.  Even worse, if I'm in the car I'm probably listening to WFAN or ESPN.

A congress hanging onto his every word? You must be referencing the period in this country between 08-10. The minority party has already stated its goal of obstruction. Entrenched republicans look at him as an outsider freak up. Now the Freedom Caucus (who admittedly I sympathize with in the healthcare debate) and him are going to war on social media.

What would I do? I would've focused my first 100 days on absolute lay-ups that have now been made impossible because he chose a dinosaur as AG. By that I mean, seeking to impose term limits, ending the for profit penitentiary system in this country, declassifying maryjane as a schedule I drug at the very least, etc. Easy policy positions that would've garnered favor from Republicans under the age of 50, and left leaning indy's in this country.  However, considering the ridiculous fallout that Spicer received on the issue of weed alone by saying nothing other than basic constitutional law (yes folks we have this thing called federal supremacy in this country), nothing other then the fact that this administration would essentially be like the last in terms of federal legislation when it comes to decriminalization, there's no doubt in my mind that we have pockets in the media that would absolutely excrement on Trump no matter what. But I also have faith that we have an electorate thats ever increasingly hip to their jive.

Actually, one can be nuanced enough to be pro-choice but understand that Planned Parenthood has become a complete racket. But of course, that would run completely counter to your worldview. Its easier just to say Republicans hate women. Nevermind all the ridiculous attacks on Melania based on nothing but her appearance and pictures she took in the early 90's. Such slut shaming from the tolerant, pro-woman left!

Taking the entire issue of whether abortions are in fact subsidized despite being prohibited from doing so by the Hyde Amendment (and Forbes had a good article objectively looking at the issue, https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2015/10/02/are-american-taxpayers-paying-for-abortion/#44b281706a4b) the second someone can explain to me why Cecille Richards and the rest of the executives at Planned Parenthood need to hold incredibly swanky and expensive events on our dime, I'll change my tune. When an entity becomes corrupt, destroy the entity and go elsewhere. Planned Parenthood are lying sacks of excrement on so many claims, whether we're talking about them offering prenatal care or lying about how they gain revenue. Good bye forever hopefully.

On abortion, I feel like we'd all be a lot better off if instead of allowing politicians to play scientists on both sides of the aisle or trying to appease people on either extreme of the debate (total proscription or abortion on demand), until science settles the question of when life begins, we just keep the Roe standard. It's the best we're going to do for now.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1914 on: March 30, 2017, 04:20:39 PM »
When I posed my question, it was hypothetical.  You are the president and have a sympathetic congress.

I am 100% behind all 3 items you mentioned.  All are liberal policies, so that was unexpected.

As for planned parenthood, I would some sources for this wide spread corruption, as you would think it would get more press, considering the press the fake videos got a couple years ago.

Lets be honest, republicans want to kill PP because abortion, not corruption.  And the vast majority of americans have no clue that no tax money goes to abortions.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1915 on: March 30, 2017, 06:09:21 PM »

See this is you spewing stupid excrement. Most women are not poor or on medicaid. If you said see, Republicans hate poor people I'd say you have a much stronger leg to stand on. But planned parenthood is an extremely partisan political organization (that does provide good services for poor communities)

And if Democrats wanted to defund some religious organization that provides services for the community I know you wouldn't be saying OMG the Democrats hate Christians.

Have you realized yet that your hyperpartisanship is a terrible thing ? And that goes for the looney toons on both sides of the aisle

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1916 on: March 30, 2017, 06:53:16 PM »
Maybe if some states stop crusading against abortion then people will stop clinging to PP. Take away federally subsidized PP and many parts of the country will be left with no access to safe abortion services.

Until then, saying you're pro-choice but oppose federal funding of abortion just makes you a tool of the religious right. (Not just directed at you MJ as this is not an uncommon stance I've seen among my more libertarian peers)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1917 on: March 30, 2017, 07:31:16 PM »
Maybe if some states stop crusading against abortion then people will stop clinging to PP. Take away federally subsidized PP and many parts of the country will be left with no access to safe abortion services.

Until then, saying you're pro-choice but oppose federal funding of abortion just makes you a tool of the religious right. (Not just directed at you MJ as this is not an uncommon stance I've seen among my more libertarian peers)

"I don't care if people get abortions but I object to paying for it."
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #1918 on: March 30, 2017, 08:12:00 PM »

Good nuanced view.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1919 on: March 30, 2017, 09:06:55 PM »
Hell I don't even mind federal funding paying for abortions, as it's a helluva lot cheaper than paying for a lifetime of handouts and incarceration for these children who will have the odds stacked against them the entire life.

But planned parenthood is a very partisan organization, and as a result many people hate them.

Also I'd be willing to bet the overwhelming majority of abortions happen in innercities not bumble freak middle of nowhere. So I find it hard to believe that planned parenthood is the only place you can terminate your baby in new york freaking city

Tags: