Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645113 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1890 on: March 28, 2017, 11:40:05 PM »
The Republicans are freaking terrible, and the leadership of the Republican party needs to disappear allowing younger more moderate people who believe in science and arent taught ignorant religious views like many in the current republican party (lets face it Republicans social views are for the most part shitty and out of touch with reality.

But the left is a joke too. They just lost an election against a clown that the Republicans handed to them, because they were completely rampant with corruption and ALSO out of touch with the American people.

The fact is if the left stopped blaming rich people, white people, and men for all the problems in the world, and if the right stopped pretending that the Bible is both literal and real, then this world would be a much better place. But instead you have two parties absolutely covered in ignorance pitting the American people against each other.

Look I agree with you 100% the Republicans are freaking terrible, because its the truth. But so are the Democrats. A group of reasonable intelligent people capable of thinking for themselves without party allegiances would solve so many more problems and run this country so much better.

But party diehards and zealots on both sides of the aisle (which 100% includes you) are the freaking problem. Maybe if were lucky in our lifetimes this broken two party system could fix itself.

It's amazing how all these pieces of excrement manage to stay in office. It's almost like rich people are propping them up to protect their own interests. But that's impossible, because they are blameless.

Those poor persecuted billionaires.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 11:42:24 PM by Badger »

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1891 on: March 29, 2017, 12:24:03 AM »
Medicare expansion under Dubya.
Damnit Badge I was trying to bait him.

W did a couple things that were downright Kenyan.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1892 on: March 29, 2017, 12:25:01 AM »
It's amazing how all these pieces of excrement manage to stay in office. It's almost like rich people are propping them up to protect their own interests. But that's impossible, because they are blameless.

Those poor persecuted billionaires.
Careful buddy, I identify as trans-billionaire.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1893 on: March 29, 2017, 05:42:52 AM »
Do a tad of research on his rulings.  He would be a swing vote, not unlike Kennedy.  Kennedy fucked up on Citizens United, but you take the good with the bad.  Obama picked him because he knew he would get 60 or more votes.  Turtle just refused to let it happen.

What the freak happened to compromise?

Comparing Merrick Garland to the very definition of a centrist in Anthony Kennedy. Jesus Christ. I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering the comparison is coming from someone that thinks Obama was "relatively moderate." Your assertion that Obama couldn't have found a more "moderate judge" is also false, and shows your lack of knowledge on this subject (and everything else for that matter). Again. Sri Srinivasan was sitting right there.

As far as what happened to compromise, i don't know, maybe you should ask the senate majority leader who tabled nearly 400 pieces of legislation. And you want to talk about compromise?! Again, freak your blatant one-sided hypocrisy. But you aren't a zealot of any party though, even though again your rhetoric might as well come straight out of the derriere end of DailyKos.

Just noticed the gut punch.  I am not a zealot to any party.  If loving the world, the country, and thinking that all humanity deserves a chance makes me an poopchute, I will take it.

All of humanity except white people that should die off of course. More of that modern liberal smugness. You guys ugh, you're such MARTYRS FOR THE WORLD! WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT YOU!! THE RESISTANCE YAAAAASSSSS!!! freaking idiots.

Damnit Badge I was trying to bait him.

W did a couple things that were downright Kenyan.

PEPFAR is a humanitarian achievement that the Obama administration can only dream about matching, but that didn't stop people such as yourself from calling him Hitler, disrespecting him at every turn in the office and then demanding that people respect the position because your boy walked in as his successor. Not the biggest fan of W, but it was always fun getting lectured about respecting the Presidency from people that were singing "SIEG HEIL TO THE PRESIDENT GASSMAN!"

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1894 on: March 29, 2017, 06:02:47 AM »
All of humanity except white people that should die off of course. More of that modern liberal smugness.

What is your actual evidence that any individual here believes anything similar to this? Also still waiting on that evidence of Obama missing Scalia's funeral because he was golfing.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1895 on: March 29, 2017, 06:36:07 AM »
What is your actual evidence that any individual here believes anything similar to this? Also still waiting on that evidence of Obama missing Scalia's funeral because he was golfing.

We are just waiting for old white people to die at this point.  Your policies, if you actually had any you could pass, are excrement.

Now that you are starting to die off you have decided to freak this country to death with your vengeful, selfish agenda.

Of course despite the quote being what it is, if this was held up under the scrutiny of Snopes or Politifact my comment would be judged as mostly false.

Anyway ONS, you were saying? Oh. Still trying to deflect from the horrible optics that is a President skipping out on the funeral of a sitting supreme court justice. Admittedly I don't know if he was playing golf. You also don't know that he wasn't. At least he wasn't dancing on the mans grave like so many others on the left.

If say for example, RBG unfortunately passes away while still a sitting member of the Court, and Trump skips the funeral he's 100 percent in the wrong, even if the last guy just set a precedent with his own actions. This is a very cut and dry issue.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1896 on: March 29, 2017, 09:26:09 AM »
W did some a couple good things.  Those things received more democrat votes than republican.

The votes were there for infrastructure and immigration under Obama.  No debate or vote.

Yes, as old white men die off, so will voter supression, and the other obstructions to progress.

The AHCA, otherwise known as the millionaire welfare act, was so bad it couldn't get the votes in a house with the largest majority in 90 years.

Unless republicans remember what moderate conservatism is, they are doomed to such collosal failures.  Graham and McCain, to their credit, at least seem to get it.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1897 on: March 29, 2017, 10:07:22 AM »
Admittedly I don't know if he was playing golf.

And what kind of news sources are you reading/watching to affirmatively state that he was playing golf? Why do you keep accusing me of deflection when you don't answer my question?

And yes, I'm sure Fenwyr, as a white man (I assume), was writing that he unequivocally wants all white people to die. No purposeful misinterpretation of his post there.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1898 on: March 29, 2017, 11:25:17 AM »
It's being misrepresented in the media as some new thing that Congress just signed away the rights to our privacy, but it's still a truckload of excrement.

While ISPs have always been able to sell our data, the Obama administration introduced rules that should be kicking in to now protect our data. Instead, a bunch of assholes whose pockets were lined with hundreds of thousands of telco lobbyist dollars voted away the regulations.

But that's good for the citizens of the United States, right? Deregulation is good for everyone, right?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1899 on: March 29, 2017, 12:06:33 PM »
And what kind of news sources are you reading/watching to affirmatively state that he was playing golf? Why do you keep accusing me of deflection when you don't answer my question?

And yes, I'm sure Fenwyr, as a white man (I assume), was writing that he unequivocally wants all white people to die. No purposeful misinterpretation of his post there.

How can I deflect from a question you didn't even ask yet? You asked about sourcing in your first question? You have no idea what he was doing.

Misinterpretation? It's right there. Repeatedly. In black and white.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1900 on: March 29, 2017, 12:23:45 PM »
It's being misrepresented in the media as some new thing that Congress just signed away the rights to our privacy, but it's still a truckload of excrement.

While ISPs have always been able to sell our data, the Obama administration introduced rules that should be kicking in to now protect our data. Instead, a bunch of assholes whose pockets were lined with hundreds of thousands of telco lobbyist dollars voted away the regulations.

But that's good for the citizens of the United States, right? Deregulation is good for everyone, right?
Glenn Greenwald smackdown:

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/29/to-serve-att-and-comcast-congressional-gop-votes-to-destroy-online-privacy/

"But what distinguishes this latest vote is that this pretext is unavailable. Nobody can claim with a straight face that allowing AT&T and Comcast to sell their users’ browser histories has any relationship to national security. Indeed, there’s no minimally persuasive rationale that can be concocted for this vote. It manifestly has only one purpose: maximizing the commercial interests of these telecom giants at the expense of ordinary citizens. It’s so blatant here that it cannot even be disguised."

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1901 on: March 29, 2017, 12:50:34 PM »
Reminder to you all: if you're not already using a VPN, you should be. A VPN will protect much (although not all) of the nature of your internet activity from your ISP.

You can get an excellent quality VPN for $3-4 a month that will cover all of your household devices. There is no good reason not to do it, and this latest ruling just provided another reason why you should.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #1902 on: March 29, 2017, 10:48:58 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/03/29/a-political-organization-that-doubts-climate-science-is-sending-this-book-to-200000-teachers/

"Accompanying the materials is a cover letter from Lennie Jarratt, project manager of Heartland’s Center for Transforming Education. He asks teachers to “consider the possibility” that the science is not settled. “If that’s the case, then students would be better served by letting them know a vibrant debate is taking place among scientists,” he writes. The letter also points teachers to an online guide to using the DVD in their classrooms.

The Heartland initiative dismisses multiple studies showing scientists are in near unanimous agreement that humans are changing the climate. Even if human activity is contributing to climate change, the book argues, it “would probably not be harmful, because many areas of the world would benefit from or adjust to climate change.”"

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1903 on: March 30, 2017, 01:16:32 AM »
Fortunately Badge, there are like 10 hurdles for this thing.  Thou shall not pass.

For what the other guys have been chatting about, it will likely get derriere raped in the courts as well.

There are plenty of extremely intelligent AGs out there chomping at the bit to kill Its executive orders.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1904 on: March 30, 2017, 09:35:53 AM »
Glenn Greenwald smackdown:

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/29/to-serve-att-and-comcast-congressional-gop-votes-to-destroy-online-privacy/

"But what distinguishes this latest vote is that this pretext is unavailable. Nobody can claim with a straight face that allowing AT&T and Comcast to sell their users’ browser histories has any relationship to national security. Indeed, there’s no minimally persuasive rationale that can be concocted for this vote. It manifestly has only one purpose: maximizing the commercial interests of these telecom giants at the expense of ordinary citizens. It’s so blatant here that it cannot even be disguised."

Almost as good as the beating he gave to Louise Mensch on twitter earlier this week.  Took me a little while to take Greenwald seriously again after he was...obtuse at best and flat out dishonest at worst when it came to Sam Harris having to defend himself from that fat moron Cenk, but Glenn's coverage of election 2016 and the fallout has been fair and even handed imho.

Tags: