Author Topic: U.S. Politics  (Read 645161 times)

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
Re: U.S. Politics
« Reply #1875 on: March 28, 2017, 08:43:54 PM »
I mean really. You're a bad cliche of a liberal at this point. The terrible attempt to deflect at your own stupidity that somehow in the Constitution its enumerated that Merrick Garland is owed a senate seat. The delusion that "the war is unwinnable." (Republicans of course occupy the majority of the House, the Senate, state and local governments, governorships, and the Presidency. HAHAHA WHAT A freaking JOKE. And by the way, I really don't identify myself as a die in the wool republican, socially definitely more a classical liberal but I'd stand with them over a regressive such as yourself.) The smug condescension that you somehow know best, that the opposition is hateful and bigoted, the hope that "old white people will die off." You are the derriere end of the comments section of DailyKos come to life. It's pathetic.

Again. Garland and the Clintons aren't conservatives because you're a regressive leftist.
Another big block of excrement.  You talk about deflection, and you didn't even try to answer the question I asked you.

This is why republicans cannot govern.  You are only meant to be speed bumps.

Oh, and regressive leftist.  What does that even mean?  LMFAO

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 08:56:24 PM by Fenwyr »

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1876 on: March 28, 2017, 08:50:16 PM »
In the grand scheme of the world isn't the United States a conservative  country? Especially compared to Europe and other countries? Yes the Republicans are a absolute shirt party completely out of touch with reality and the desires of the American people for the most part. There's some stuff they hold traction on (ie taxes and supposedly spending), but for the most part they need a complete overhaul. That said the untied states is far more conservative than much of the world still

Also you're seriously delusional about your views on conservative liberal and moderate
I've said it before, but I am happy to respond.

We need conservatives.

They keep us from moving too fast.  I'm totally OK with that.  The problem is that the functional voice of the conservatives has been lost in the current republican party.

The current republican party uses deficit spending like a credit card that they never intend to pay back.  How is that conservative?

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1877 on: March 28, 2017, 08:54:58 PM »
I have no issue conceding that Garland would be more "moderate/conservative" than some of the liberal judges currently on the supreme court. But the assertion that he falls to the right of the spectrum is completely absurd. Obama was a quite liberal president, so him nominating a conservative would literally make zero sense
Do a tad of research on his rulings.  He would be a swing vote, not unlike Kennedy.  Kennedy fucked up on Citizens United, but you take the good with the bad.  Obama picked him because he knew he would get 60 or more votes.  Turtle just refused to let it happen.

What the freak happened to compromise?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1878 on: March 28, 2017, 09:01:59 PM »
I've said it before, but I am happy to respond.

We need conservatives.

They keep us from moving too fast.  I'm totally OK with that.  The problem is that the functional voice of the conservatives has been lost in the current republican party.

The current republican party uses deficit spending like a credit card that they never intend to pay back.  How is that conservative?

Republican =/= conservative

The Republicans are freaking terrible, and the leadership of the Republican party needs to disappear allowing younger more moderate people who believe in science and arent taught ignorant religious views like many in the current republican party (lets face it Republicans social views are for the most part shitty and out of touch with reality.

But the left is a joke too. They just lost an election against a clown that the Republicans handed to them, because they were completely rampant with corruption and ALSO out of touch with the American people.

The fact is if the left stopped blaming rich people, white people, and men for all the problems in the world, and if the right stopped pretending that the Bible is both literal and real, then this world would be a much better place. But instead you have two parties absolutely covered in ignorance pitting the American people against each other.

Look I agree with you 100% the Republicans are freaking terrible, because its the truth. But so are the Democrats. A group of reasonable intelligent people capable of thinking for themselves without party allegiances would solve so many more problems and run this country so much better.

But party diehards and zealots on both sides of the aisle (which 100% includes you) are the freaking problem. Maybe if were lucky in our lifetimes this broken two party system could fix itself.

I do think that as older bible thumping Republicans die off and their social views get substantially reduced in society, then maybe the fluidity of party allegiances could be altered significantly as well when social views becomes a much smaller issue.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1879 on: March 28, 2017, 09:07:27 PM »
Do a tad of research on his rulings.  He would be a swing vote, not unlike Kennedy.  Kennedy fucked up on Citizens United, but you take the good with the bad.  Obama picked him because he knew he would get 60 or more votes.  Turtle just refused to let it happen.

What the freak happened to compromise?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/03/16/us/politics/garland-supreme-court-nomination.html

According to the NYT
Measures of ideology by four political scientists show where the justices stand in relation to one another. Judge Garland’s score is based on the score of his appointing president, Bill Clinton. This methodology is considered to be a “reasonably good predictor of voting on the Supreme Court,” says Prof. Lee Epstein of Washington University.

(it lists him as quite liberal)

Im sure theres websites that can make an argument for him being "moderate" as well, its very freaking clear neither of us are qualified to make a judgement on the accuracy of these. Regardless theres no reasonable website out there arguing that hes "conservative" because thats freaking stupid

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1880 on: March 28, 2017, 09:07:41 PM »
Republican =/= conservative

The Republicans are freaking terrible, and the leadership of the Republican party needs to disappear allowing younger more moderate people who believe in science and arent taught ignorant religious views like many in the current republican party (lets face it Republicans social views are for the most part shitty and out of touch with reality.

But the left is a joke too. They just lost an election against a clown that the Republicans handed to them, because they were completely rampant with corruption and ALSO out of touch with the American people.

The fact is if the left stopped blaming rich people, white people, and men for all the problems in the world, and if the right stopped pretending that the Bible is both literal and real, then this world would be a much better place. But instead you have two parties absolutely covered in ignorance pitting the American people against each other.

Look I agree with you 100% the Republicans are freaking terrible, because its the truth. But so are the Democrats. A group of reasonable intelligent people capable of thinking for themselves without party allegiances would solve so many more problems and run this country so much better.

But party diehards and zealots on both sides of the aisle (which 100% includes you) are the freaking problem. Maybe if were lucky in our lifetimes this broken two party system could fix itself.

I do think that as older bible thumping Republicans die off and their social views get substantially reduced in society, then maybe the fluidity of party allegiances could be altered significantly as well when social views becomes a much smaller issue.
This is quite possibly the best post you have ever made.  I have renewed faith in the world.

I'm only a democrat because I feel they are the slightly lesser of two evils.  I totally agree that if we take each issue and intelligently talk about it, we can fix everything.

Just need to get money and greed out of it.

Just noticed the gut punch.  I am not a zealot to any party.  If loving the world, the country, and thinking that all humanity deserves a chance makes me an poopchute, I will take it.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:10:59 PM by Fenwyr »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1881 on: March 28, 2017, 09:12:36 PM »
This is quite possibly the best post you have ever made.  I have renewed faith in the world.

I'm only a democrat because I feel they are the slightly lesser of two evils.  I totally agree that if we take each issue and intelligently talk about it, we can fix everything.

Just need to get money and greed out of it.

Just noticed the gut punch.  I am not a zealot to any party.  If loving the world, the country, and thinking that all humanity deserves a chance makes me an poopchute, I will take it.

Youve made it abundantly clear that you think the Republicans are the problem.  Both partys are the problem. When people can understand that, they can begun to fix it .

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1882 on: March 28, 2017, 09:14:24 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/03/16/us/politics/garland-supreme-court-nomination.html

According to the NYT
(it lists him as quite liberal)

Im sure theres websites that can make an argument for him being "moderate" as well, its very freaking clear neither of us are qualified to make a judgement on the accuracy of these. Regardless theres no reasonable website out there arguing that hes "conservative" because thats freaking stupid
He was the most moderate option on the table.  Raegan himself would be a moderate, leaning a little bit left by todays standards.

Financially he was a disaster, but socially he wasn't the worst.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1883 on: March 28, 2017, 09:22:05 PM »
Youve made it abundantly clear that you think the Republicans are the problem.  Both partys are the problem. When people can understand that, they can begun to fix it .
Well, republicans are making themselves the problem.  The black muslim in chief really screwed them up.  I have never seen anything like it, and I have a few years on you.

On just about every issue, republicans are preaching to the minority of Americans.  They could have at least put Obama's infrastructure and immigration bills to a vote.  They refused.  They wanted the black muslim to fail.

I never had a problem with republicans in general until the last 8 years.  I was not a fan of Bush because lying and wars and thousands of dead americans, but it was never because he was republican.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1884 on: March 28, 2017, 09:25:26 PM »
Well, republicans are making themselves the problem.  The black muslim in chief really screwed them up.  I have never seen anything like it, and I have a few years on you.

On just about every issue, republicans are preaching to the minority of Americans.  They could have at least put Obama's infrastructure and immigration bills to a vote.  They refused.  They wanted the black muslim to fail.

I never had a problem with republicans in general until the last 8 years.  I was not a fan of Bush because lying and wars and thousands of dead americans, but it was never because he was republican.

Did the left not want Bush to fail for 8 years and compare him to Hitler  constantly ?

Both partys are the problem, any other opinion is unreasonable

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1885 on: March 28, 2017, 09:33:13 PM »
Did the left not want Bush to fail for 8 years and compare him to Hitler  constantly ?

Both partys are the problem, any other opinion is unreasonable
No.  I never wanted him to fail.  I didn't  like him as president, but he was the president.

And congress actually attempted to function under him.  There were actual bipartisan votes and stuff.

Enter a relatively moderate liberal with black skin, introducing two of the biggest bipartisan bills in history...  No vote.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1886 on: March 28, 2017, 09:52:21 PM »
No.  I never wanted him to fail.  I didn't  like him as president, but he was the president.

And congress actually attempted to function under him.  There were actual bipartisan votes and stuff.

Enter a relatively moderate liberal with black skin, introducing two of the biggest bipartisan bills in history...  No vote.

Which bipartisan bills are those ?

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #1887 on: March 28, 2017, 11:23:05 PM »
Which bipartisan bills are those ?
Scroll up.  His infrastructure and immigration bills would have passed based on independant polling, but they were never allowed to the floor of the house.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1888 on: March 28, 2017, 11:32:51 PM »
Oh, and regressive leftist.  What does that even mean?  LMFAO

It's a pejorative version of progressive. IMO it's best reserved for those who fetishize Islam.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1889 on: March 28, 2017, 11:34:27 PM »
Before you inevitably tell me to eat excrement, tell me the one good thing the republicans did for this country in the last 30 years, and why it was good.

Medicare expansion under Dubya.

Tags: